Fire leafs and patch 3.0.8

Last time I checked on the test server Fire leafs had changed so that they no longer had the use effect.
    They were just a random "white" Item and as far as I could tell not used for anything but flask making.

So does anyone know if they are gonna keep them the way they are or if they are going to change them into something useless?

Re: Fire leafs and patch 3.0.8

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=31435.0 "Fire Seed and Fire Leaf both had their bonus removed. Fire Seed is now a gray item."

IMO, this is stupid and pointless. Leafs were roughly equal to every other professions buff, no more. Removing it is making the professions useless for every dps that took it.

How gay.

Ty for finding the post for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    IMO, this is stupid and pointless. Leafs were roughly equal to every other professions buff, no more. Removing it is making the professions useless for every dps that took it.
    Yes I totally agree, if they thought it was op then they could have changed it or something.
    Removing it all together without giving herb something new is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiming
    Yes I totally agree, if they thought it was op then they could have changed it or something.
    Removing it all together without giving herb something new is just stupid.
    The effect of the seeds and leaves didn't work anyway. The items were broken.

You''re not losing anything at all.

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

is there a reason for those seeds to be in the game after this, i mean so far even with buff i just vendored them and thought what a shame coz the leafs go for 6g a piece on my realm, but the seeds are utterly useless, any idea if they will be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Gathering professions don't (and really never should) provide near the same utility as an actual crafting profession. They do novel things, but that's about it.