Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Strangulate - Needs to Block Mages/Pally from using IceBlock and DivineShield

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    So, in essence, an interrupt would do this but a pure silence (such as strangulate) or an unimproved CS would not lock it out?
    You have it backwards for unimproved CS, it's an interrupt+lockout, not a silence. Also people are confusing interrupts with lockouts.

Interrupt - Stops the spell currently being cast. Doesn't prevent casting.

Silence - Prevents casting any spell at all, but has a few exceptions like Iceblock & Bubble.

Lockout - Prevents casting any spell from a specific school, including Iceblock & Bubble.

Re: Strangulate - Needs to Block Mages/Pally from using IceBlock and DivineShield

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus
    I have posted this before and I will obviously have to post it again: nothing, I repeat nothing can prevent a pally from bubbling or a mage from ice block, nothing. No interrupt effects, nothing,

I have a mage and pally so I know it for a fact.

Strange how forum myths seem to live on forever despite debunks.
    It's worth mentioning again, but; no. School lockouts on Holy will stop a Paladin from bubbling, and a school lockout on Frost will stop a Mage from blocking. If you'd actually paid attention when playing either of these classes you might have noticed it.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon
    You have it backwards for unimproved CS, it's an interrupt+lockout, not a silence. Also people are confusing interrupts with lockouts.

Silence - Prevents casting any spell at all, but has a few exceptions like Iceblock & Bubble.

Lockout - Prevents casting any spell from a specific school, including Iceblock & Bubble.

Thanks mate, that is a great description.

@ Infinitus
    I knew there was a way to lock out bubble b/c that sort of thing happened to me as a Paladin. My Holy tree (I don't have another actually lol) would get "locked out" thereby preventing a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by False God
    Yea, I have. I have my level 80 tank dk and currently leveling another on a diffrent relm to pvp with, I dont think we need any changes.
    i completely agree....DK is fine.....i was refering to the idiot commenting on the silence affects of Strangulate (i.e. that he thinks it doesnt stop bubble...when it quite obviously does)

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

GCD can prevents me from IB sometimes giev more HP

Must say its pretty funny to see that people doesnt know how important spells like "silences" works, I hope for your won sake if you pvp that you learn it asap. Start bye reading the tooltip there you can see if it locks a spell school out or is plain silence or interupt. Tickspoon made a nice post about this thats easy understandable, and after that i thoght peeps had read it but then came Deimós and kept the failure going...

Mind Freeze20 Runic Power Melee Range
    Instant 10 sec cooldown

Smash the target's mind with cold, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 4 sec.

Strangulate Rank 5
    1 Blood 30 yd range
    Instant 2 min cooldown

Strangulates an enemy, silencing them for 5 sec, and deals 180 Shadow damage at the end of the effect.

Bye these 2 spells you can read who can prevent the bubble!!!!

(sorry for bad english)

wots ur point? linking tooltips? wow nice 1!
    ofc it locks schools of spells...duh!

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    If there's any class that strangulate needs to be used on the most, it's those 2 classes. For this ability to remain a 2 minute cool-down in my eyes, it should lock them out of using these abilities. Currently it does not.

Diminishing returns will be inplace for silences next patch (I think, or it might be the one after that). And this ability is on a 120 second cooldown, 1 bood rune, and silences an enemy for only 5 seconds at a 30 yard (glyphed 50 yard) range? I think that is less than mediocre. If there is any class that Strangulate needs to effect the most, it's Paladins and Mages.

What we really want strangulate to do is reward us with great use of Strangulate when detecting preemptively who will be trying to cast their escape move spells.

While any class is silenced, they should not be able to cast any spell, or use any cool-down spell related move. This extend to any class.

And what's with the 180 shadow damage? That's useless.
    dude if you use it when the paladins cast a holy spell then he cant use his CD. same goes for mages on frost spells :P well it does with Earthshock, counterspell and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus
    I have posted this before and I will obviously have to post it again: nothing, I repeat nothing can prevent a pally from bubbling or a mage from ice block, nothing. No interrupt effects, nothing,

I have a mage and pally so I know it for a fact.

Strange how forum myths seem to live on forever despite debunks.
    Getting your Holy school CD's will prevent you from being able to DS. Period.

Re: Strangulate - Needs to Block Mages/Pally from using IceBlock and DivineShiel

QQ more. Death knight are alredy OP against casters as it is now.

Re: Strangulate - Needs to Block Mages/Pally from using IceBlock and DivineShiel

Quote Originally Posted by gragra
    QQ more. Death knight are alredy OP against casters as it is now.
    Death Knights are OP against all classes.

Can't say it enough.

"Plate wearing anti-melee class with dots, distance closers, multiple interrupts, silences, snares, tons of short cooldown damage mitigation, devastating melee damage and passive healing."

i lol'd =)

9 seconds of silence and he is QQing...

TROLL
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

15+ Year Old Account

If there's any class that strangulate needs to be used on the most, it's those 2 classes. For this ability to remain a 2 minute cool-down in my eyes, it should lock them out of using these abilities. Currently it does not.

Diminishing returns will be inplace for silences next patch (I think, or it might be the one after that). And this ability is on a 120 second cooldown, 1 bood rune, and silences an enemy for only 5 seconds at a 30 yard (glyphed 50 yard) range? I think that is less than mediocre. If there is any class that Strangulate needs to effect the most, it's Paladins and Mages.

What we really want strangulate to do is reward us with great use of Strangulate when detecting preemptively who will be trying to cast their escape move spells.

While any class is silenced, they should not be able to cast any spell, or use any cool-down spell related move. This extend to any class.

Ahahahahaha, no seriousy... Ahahahahaha. Learn to play your class.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon

this. plus, strangulate does NOT lockout anything, it silences, even if you cast it on someone thats currently casting a spell.

But for some reason, before this wednesday, someone told me that using strangulate would keep pallies from bubbling. This worked, and i killed pallys like insects in 2v2. Now however, while playing arena, i used strangulate, did not get resisted or anything, and the paladin bubbled, did the same thing while a paladin was casting, nothing. So either this was hotfixed this wednesday, or it has never worked, and i've been lucky with killing paladins.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Never worked, you have just been fighting retarded paladins.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Watch your language people. I'm not afraid to hand out some bans if this flamewar continues.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by siiiigh
    Signed up just to call you a total moron, which I can't stress enough.

Don't post and act all elitist when, in fact, you're completely wrong.
    Like i said, go try it yourself in a duel. It's interresting that only non palas continue to beleive in this myth.

Diminishing returns will be inplace for silences next patch (I think, or it might be the one after that). And this ability is on a 120 second cooldown, 1 bood rune, and silences an enemy for only 5 seconds at a 30 yard (glyphed 50 yard) range? I think that is less than mediocre.
    Lets compare it to the priests?

Priest-
    24 Yard Range
    45 Second Cooldown
    21 Points (2 Points in Improved Scream required)
    Silences for 5 seconds.
    Does no damage.
    Only silence/interrupt for the class.

Death Knight-
    30 Yard Range
    120 Second Cooldown
    Baseline spell.
    Silence for 5 seconds.
    Does damage.
    One of many interrupts.

Mind Freeze - 4 Second Interrupt on a 10 second cooldown.
    Death Grip - Can be used as an interrupt.

Would it be OK if mages could spellsteal your Anti-Magic Shield? Or if priests could dispel it?

What a stupid Post, and pls for the love of god don't you think you really need this and no other class has a silence like this

/point to the corner

Go and cry there..... with your OP class

Come back if you know how to play.....