Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Strangulate - Needs to Block Mages/Pally from using IceBlock and DivineShield

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus
    Like i said, go try it yourself in a duel. It's interresting that only non palas continue to beleive in this myth.
    Are you STILL maintaining this, even though several players, paladins included, have told you that you're wrong? CS a paladin while he is casting and he can't bubble, go try it in a duel.

Re: Strangulate - Needs to Block Mages/Pally from using IceBlock and DivineShiel

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Lets compare it to the priests?

Priest-
    24 Yard Range
    45 Second Cooldown
    21 Points (2 Points in Improved Scream required)
    Silences for 5 seconds.
    Does no damage.
    Only silence/interrupt for the class.

Death Knight-
    30 Yard Range
    120 Second Cooldown
    Baseline spell.
    Silence for 5 seconds.
    Does damage.
    One of many interrupts.

Mind Freeze - 4 Second Interrupt on a 10 second cooldown.
    Death Grip - Can be used as an interrupt.

Would it be OK if mages could spellsteal your Anti-Magic Shield? Or if priests could dispel it?
    This post achieved absolutely nothing but make you look like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Re: Strangulate - Needs to Block Mages/Pally from using IceBlock and DivineShield

Sure. That's it.

Death Knight's have some of the best counters in the game towards classes that do magical damage. (Mages and Paladins?) Yet... the OP wants his Strangulate, which is already better than some other classes silence effect, to be better than any other classes silence effect. Lets not even factor in that the death knight has more than one way to interrupt casting while other classes only have one way... and many of them have to spend talent points in order to get the silence effect. (Priests and mages Improved Counterspell).

If any class should get the ability to lock out spells like bubble/iceblock it should go to the classes who have to spend talent points to get these effects and/or only have one of these types of abilities on hand. It surely shouldn't go to a class who has a 4 second counterspell on a 10 second cooldown.

Look at it this way. At least you have a silence.

didnt bother reading the whole thread, but blanket silences (strangulate, silence, arcane torrent) can be bubbled out of, but interrupts (regular cs, pummel, DK pummel) cannot be bubbled. don't see why DKs should be the exception, especially when DKs can already kill the other 3 healers in strangulate time.
    afks - tichondrius

I havent read every page of this because it's just stupid.
    Silences have never prevented bubble or IB. The only things that are able to prevent that is Spell lock (locking the school of magic) which means there are 2 classes out there that are able to do it, Warlocks and mages if they time it right, a lot easier to do it VS a Holy Paladin, impossible to do it VS a retri Paladin (as they never cast holy spells). Real hard or near impossible to even do it against a skilled frost mage (as all frost mages would expect it and force them to either use it at a useless time, or just avoid out entirely).

As I play a DK, I find it damn hard beating a good arcane mage, its probably safe to say bear impossible. As long as they keep slow on me, I can't do much to them, I get close or DG him I get nova'd I silence he IB in and out instantly, I get close again he blinks. All he really has to do is spam arcane barrage, fire blast and arcane missiles when missile barrage procks. Then again Mages are the anti melee class, its their roll to make melee's life a living hell so I can live with it
    Hi

Re: Strangulate - Needs to Block Mages/Pally from using IceBlock and DivineShiel

definitely.

dk's totally need a buff and are barely surviving in pvp in general.

Inspired by this thread I think I'm going to start one named "Spellsteal should steal plate armor values".

How about this.

in the worlds top 100 20's teams 47 of the top teams have Death knights.

lolbalanced

topped by only paladins, which are on 67 of the top 100 2s teams :-X
    afks - tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by afks
    topped by only paladins, which are on 67 of the top 100 2s teams :-X
    Holy paladins.

Might i remind you what season 1 was like?

ps. I'll give you a hint. See if you can find it....

(plate)

insane utility (including an extra trinket every half a minute), big spam heals on demand, solid instants, can't be oomed, bubble, melee kiting with freedom and joj, best burst assist with stunhammer and gghammer

basically, what druids were in tbc but they can't be killed and their partners cant be cc'd

edit: just noticed ur ret. ret is still the 2nd or 3rd best dps tree, behind unholy. swap out big spam heals with big burst on stunned squishies and you have holy->ret
    afks - tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus
    I have posted this before and I will obviously have to post it again: nothing, I repeat nothing can prevent a pally from bubbling or a mage from ice block, nothing. No interrupt effects, nothing,

I have a mage and pally so I know it for a fact.

Strange how forum myths seem to live on forever despite debunks.
    Cyclone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipponater
    Cyclone.
    lol ;D
    afks - tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    That was a school lockout, counterspell is an interrupt.
    And happens to lockout the school being casted when hit with it...... O_O OH SNAP!

Registered just to say Infinitus wins this thread.

TO END THIS DUMB TOPIC:
    to the OP no strangulate doesnt prevent pallys or mages from casting bubble/IB, but if u open ur spell book and look around for another spell called "mind freeze" u will find wut ur looing for.
    cast mind freeze while they are casting a holy spell or ice respectively and it will prevent them from casting that spell tree for 4 seconds. not much but that should be enough time to finish them off.

@infinitus: u claim that only non pallies say its a myth that u can prevent bubble. well guess wut, u must not know ur class. My friend (a DK) and i duel all the time. he waits for me to run away and cast a heal (trying to save my bubble for good reason) mind freezes and BLOCKS THE USE OF HOLY TREE FOR 4 SECONDS. comes over and finishes me off since i cant bubble. (this no longer happens, i obviously just bubble to heal then rape his face)

END OF THREAD