How much does shield absorb as disc?

With improved shield and borrowed time with 2k spellpower. How much would it absorb?

Re: How much does shield absorb as disc?

Provided the Imp PW:Shield glyph is working correctly, with 2k spellpower and both talents my glyph heals for ~1100hp, so 1100x5 is about 5500 damage absorbed by the talents PW:Shield. When Patchwerk 1-shots the shield I get 600 mana back from Rapture, so 6.6k (healing + absorbtion) for 199 mana and 1 GCD + the crit buff from weakend soul is pretty amazing.

Discipline looks so awesome for healing tanks now. Too bad I only got a druid and pally lvl 70, else I'd certainly try one.

After the 3.0.8 nerf to disc, its not going to look to awesome anymore. Dont feel left out :P
    Proud owner of the original [Master of Anatomy] and Fail macros.

What nerf?

Nerf lol?
    Reflective shield hasn't been working as intended and they can't get it to work correctly.
    So, for the time being they are just updating the tooltip to reflect what the spell is actually doing now.

If that is the "nerf" that you are mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorcist
    Nerf lol?
    Reflective shield hasn't been working as intended and they can't get it to work correctly.
    So, for the time being they are just updating the tooltip to reflect what the spell is actually doing now.

If that is the "nerf" that you are mentioning.
    Interesting, didn't know that was happening. And the nerf I was talking about was actually an error on my part. Was in a hurry (which is rare) and misread Aspiration thinking Penance was being removed. hehe
    Proud owner of the original [Master of Anatomy] and Fail macros.

if they took penance of that id cry like a bitch lol

as holy my shields are about 4.5-4.7k with no shield talents (assming the glyph works properly) with around 2k spell power self buffed

with disc specs it should be + 800 for borrowed time, +15% from imp shield so ~6k i guess.
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

About 6k yes. Thats a bit low imo with all the talents invested (8 talents for 1 spell on 2 seperate cooldowns?). Better scaling would make it imbalanced in PvP tho. For all I know, the shield talents are buged, not giving as much as the tooltip suggests, imp shield works on base absorption (not the +spell power bonus part), and Borrowed Time also has some flaw, I think it adds the bonus not multiplies it, or was it the other way around?

15+ Year Old Account

I can second that. Around 6k with ~2000 spellpower. Last time I was disc specced (with around 2k sp) the glyph healed for around 1200-1300, so ~6k is what the shield absorbed.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!