Need advice for Sarth+3

Hello everyone. Tonight our Guild managed to get Sartharion + 2 Drakes down with a not-so optimal setup. We managed to get Server 5th (Alliance side 3rd), also with a disadvantage of being a 10-man Guild so there is no 25-man loot for us.

Here is our Combat Log: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/379534

So basically I'm looking for some advice on how we can tackle Sartharion + 3. Unfortunately as a 10-man Guild our setups do not vary much. We also lack any Rogue/Warlock/Hunter in the Guild. Is there any fixed number of DPS we need to get him down with 3 drakes up? And any other general advice/combat logs would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: More Information for those curious.

Druid - Tanking Sartharion
    DK - Add tanking (all the way through the fight)
    Pally (one of them) - tanking the 2 smaller dragons (forget the names).

As for the Retribution Paladin switching, that was because you get a debuff when the 2nd Drake lands that causes damage on yourself. So we had him use Seal of Command.

As for the Shaman and Boomkin, they were offhealing as you found out. We had quite big problems healing there due to the debuff. It was mostly because we was trying to get him down as safe as possible, so both were spam healing for the sake of downing him. But next time we will of course refine our tactics and not have 4 healing. As I said that was JUST for that attempt since we were quite desperate to get him down as you can understand.

Thanks alot in advance

Re: Need advice for Sarth+3

i wouldnt say there is a fixed number of dps. it comes down to the more dps you do the better. your drake tank can hold 2 drakes for a short time with a good healer and cooldowns. but the longer he has to hold them the worce it can get.

you killed shadron which gives you a decent amount of time to kill the first drake(name is coming to me atm).

some other information would help people give responces tho, im looking at the data which is great to have. i assume you havea druid tanking, a pally and a DK maybe? or at least a dk on adds. im assuming off the damage taken break down.

you have 2 healers priest and a pally.

dps wise your shaman and boomkin worry me. i see they have a 60% dps time. which is 20% lower then your top 3. i would assume its lava wave dodging but, you mage did pull off a mid 80% dps up keep.

i looked further into healing and i noticed btoh were throwing side heals which helps but hurts your dps. esp the moonkin having to switch in and out is a waste of mana and a pain. not to mention most of the heals throw were 40-50% average over healed. seems who was raid healing or spot healing was doing a great job, so the half a million healing these 2 did was probbaly a waste? really dont knwo unless i was there.

was the druid the sar tank? holy seemed to push alot of healing on the druid so i guess it be the main tank. holy pally seemed to put beacon of light on either the pally or DK and ehaled them both using this.

i also noticed your pally was jumping between SoC(command) and SoM(martyr) from what i no SoM hurts yourself, as it does damage. im thinking he was balancing command and martyr to save healing on himself. thats the only reason i can see. but from the 2 ret pallis that i know martyr seems to be supeior in there gear compared to command.

edit: how long did it take to kill the first drake? 3 drakes becomes a race of downing each drake before another on can come in and skrew up everything

maybe...just maybe blizzard will realize one day that you think naming a tree blood they would have at least one crappy bleed effect in it...

Druid - Tanking Sartharion
    DK - Add tanking (all the way through the fight)
    Pally (one of them) - tanking the 2 smaller dragons (forget the names).

As for the Retribution Paladin switching, that was because you get a debuff when the 2nd Drake lands that causes damage on yourself. So we had him use Seal of Command.

As for the Shaman and Boomkin, they were offhealing as you found out. We had quite big problems healing there due to the debuff. It was mostly because we was trying to get him down as safe as possible, so both were spam healing for the sake of downing him. But next time we will of course refine our tactics and not have 4 healing. As I said that was JUST for that attempt since we were quite desperate to get him down as you can understand.

We are looking to refine our tactics much better for Sarth + 3, so the "weird" things the Combat log states will be avoided next time.

EDIT: We killed the 1st drake within 10 seconds of the next dragon landing. The troublesome period in which the druid and shaman healed was between the 1st drake dieing, the 2nd drake arriving, and DPSers killing the whelps/elementals.

Thanks.

As you had a caster heavy group. Let your DK tank spec into UH for better AoE-tanking the adds +giving Ebon Plaguebringer(13% more magic dmg)
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.