Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Patch 3.0.8 Notes update, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Patch PTR 3.0.8 - Official Notes update
    I'm not very good with this, what exactly does that mean? Do we get better Graphics?

Titanguard wont go live.

Had this enchant gone live it would have become THE enchant for nearly all tanks. It would not have been an interesting choice. We would have had to keep introducing higher tiers of the same enchant, or else players would just keep using this version for perpetuity. We put Stamina already on many items. We don't think your weapon needs one as well. I received messages from several tanks for very prominent guilds asking us to please not go forward with this enchant. They understood why it was bad for the game.

Death knights have access to superior enchants in part because they do not have a shield or ranged weapon slot and the stats provided by those items.

The PTR is for testing. If you find yourself frustrated that things change between the PTR and live, I would suggest you stop paying attention to the PTR notes. Even if a change like this had already gone live, we probably would have changed it anyway. We did not like what this enchant would have done for the game.
    very poor ... well, everything has been said in the thread.

I can understand tanks not wanting to get pigeonholed into a single enchant, but what we're left with is choosing between BC enchants. If they're going to be thinking about what enchants tanks should and should not have, could we at least have some implemented? A block value (sort of a potency, though 10 BV doesn't seem like much. Could just be me), a dodge proc (granted, mongoose halfway is one), or a 2% damage reduction? Something other than 10-level-old enchants?
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut
    I'm not very good with this, what exactly does that mean? Do we get better Graphics?
    no
    you just can play wow with real 3d effects using the new nvidia setup with special monitors and glasses (details on how this roughly works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarized_glasses)

if you have red/blue or red/cyan 3d glasses (this is called anaglyph method: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image), you can play wow in 3d already with the driver from iz3d (http://www.iz3d.com/) availible on their download page (http://www.iz3d.com/t-dcdriver.aspx). apart from the color distorting this gives you, it's the same effect as with the nvidia setup. the 3d effect is pretty deep and looks awesome, but with optimized red/blue you lose alot of colors and with plain red/blue you lose alot of image brightness in blue heavy (nighttime) or read heavy (ragefire, backrock) environments.

nevertheless, if you have such 3d glasses, you should give it a try.

thanks a lot jacen

Error in patch notes.

The Gnomish Lightning Generator is NOT instant cast like you have in the patch notes. As of 10:30 pm cst at 1/19/09 on the test server it is still 1 second cast time to use.

You mention in the Glyph Changes for DKs that "Glyph of Raise Dead" had an old value of "your ghoul receives an additional 20% of your strength". This is incorrect, Glyph of Raise Dead generated 20 RP upon raising the ghoul and was a minor glyph.

The Glyph of the Ghoul, a major glyph (and I believe unchanged) grants the 20% strength bonus.

"Greater Inscription of the Gladiator is now available for 10 000 Honor Points -- Permanently adds 30 Stamina and 15 resilience rating to a shoulder slot item. Using the inscription will cause the shoulder slot item to become soulbound."

Isn't the honor cap 75k? At least i had my honor capped for 75k and i wasn't able to get any more.

Edit: somehow checked the cost as 100k. My bad.

please re-read what you posted... youll answer your own question

yes! fucking yes guys !
    Shadow

* Shadowform: You can now shift into Shadowform while mounted or sitting.
    * Vampiric Embrace- Mana cost of this spell has been removed.

been waiting for this change for so long !
    /facedeck
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

Quote Originally Posted by Ceko
    yes! fucking yes guys !
    Shadow

* Shadowform: You can now shift into Shadowform while mounted or sitting.
    * Vampiric Embrace- Mana cost of this spell has been removed.

been waiting for this change for so long !
    /facedeck
    omg! hell yeah, finally!