Thread: Hit question

Hit question

Just a quick one. Do Misery and Imp Fairie Fire stack?

Re: Hit question

No.

Edit: But I believe if Misery is up, and the Boomkin casts Imp. FF, Misery will be overwritten.

you know if you type in exactly "Do Misery and Imp Fairie Fire stack?" in google you get 3 very good topic that explain it a whole lot better than any comment your gonna get...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    Edit: But I believe if Misery is up, and the Boomkin casts Imp. FF, Misery will be overwritten.
    no its one or the other. if the boomikin hits imp ff your not going to get the misery buff...

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    no its one or the other. if the boomikin hits imp ff your not going to get the misery buff...
    Realized. And I believe if Misery is up, and the Boomkin casts Imp. FF, he won't get a "more powerful spell is already active" message, and will just be able to cast it. I was just saying that I believe Imp. FF is considered the more powerful spell, and will always overwrite Misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    Realized. And I believe if Misery is up, and the Boomkin casts Imp. FF, he won't get a "more powerful spell is already active" message, and will just be able to cast it. I was just saying that I believe Imp. FF is considered the more powerful spell, and will always overwrite Misery.
    correct misery gets over written if your boomakin has imp ff in your raid/group. there is no use putting points into misery at all, but if he had not put points into buffing it he will get the "more powerful spell is already active" message so it all depends on his spec. sorry for the confusion...

We don't "put misery up", it's applied when we do our thing. The owls have to waste time and mana (yes, a GCD is alot of time) to apply it.

Usually they just stop using it if there's a spriest in teh raid, except for nuke fights with alot of melee.

They actually get a personal benefit from it too. +3% crit all to themselves. So they should probably be using it in boss fights no matter if there is a shadowpriest or not. There's been some discussion with druids yelling for answers about how that talent works with other druids or something but I haven't payed any attention. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    They actually get a personal benefit from it too. +3% crit all to themselves. So they should probably be using it in boss fights no matter if there is a shadowpriest or not. There's been some discussion with druids yelling for answers about how that talent works with other druids or something but I haven't payed any attention. :P
    How its meant to work is "as long as fearie fire is on the target (even a feral druids) and a balanced druid is specced for Imp FFthen he/she will get the 3% crit regardless of it being his/her buff or not" atleast, thats what some Blues are saying... doesnt seem its always working like that or thier is still alot of confusion atleast about the whole thing.

In that case you let the feral tank apply it, for more tps (If you got one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    In that case you let the feral tank apply it, for more tps (If you got one.)
    feral tanks don't cast the improved version (33 points into balance) so that is not effecting misery. a boomakin gets +3% crit and the party gets +3% hit (that it what makes misery effected). if you raid with a boomakin spec out of misery...

No, that's the part the developers disagree with you about.

A moonkin get his 3% crit no matter which type of FF that's up on the target. Hence why having a feral applying it is a feral dps increase for the owl.

if you raid with a boomakin spec out of misery...
    Misery - Rank 3
    Your Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay and Vampiric Touch spells also increase the chance for harmful spells to hit by 3% lasting 24 sec, and increases the damage of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by an amount equal to 15% of your spell power.

Or perhaps I keep it, and do more damage, kkthxbye.

No, that's the part the developers disagree with you about.
    it seems your correct about imp ff for a boomakin. just read from ghostcrawler here that feral ff does apply for the boomakin now that they have fixed it. so the boomakin gets the buff w/o casting his if the debuff is on the target. see below. having say 2000 sp the buff to misery is only 300 sp to mb, mf, and ms. if that damage is less than 3% crit bonus from iff the druid should keep iff and you remove misery. i think the total raid damage is more important than just my damage. i don't really see where else to put those points but if in those conditions the spec isn't needed and i'd leave it off. i know that's a very rare thing to have a boomakin but other than that one class in a raid misery is a must have talent. i don't think it is always though as some have suggested...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=5#98

So you'll happily do 15% less damage because you fail to understand how buffs override eachother?

You kidding me or something? If you don't put 3 points into Misery you're stupid, and shouldn't be allowed in a raid instance, ever.

So you'll happily do 15% less damage because you fail to understand how buffs override eachother?

You kidding me or something? If you don't put 3 points into Misery you're stupid, and shouldn't be allowed in a raid instance, ever.
    i'm retarded, your right, need to go to bed. for some reason i was thinking way to hard about the wrong aspect of the debuff system. i was looking at the misery tool tip and going this isn't right what am i missing. then, oh duh that. yeah my bad, get misery always, you lose your 3% hit but get it back with iff plus you still get your damage from misery. going to bed to keep this at bay...

Have I understood this correctly?

Boomkins overwrite Misery, but do we STILL get:
    "and increases the damage of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by an amount equal to 15% of your spell power."?

Even tho its "overwrited" or do we loose both 3%hit AND "increases the damage of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by an amount equal to 15% of your spell power." from misery when a boomkin puts ip imp FF?

//Lehto

Quote Originally Posted by Lehto

"and increases the damage of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by an amount equal to 15% of your spell power."?

Even tho its "overwrited" or do we loose both 3%hit AND "increases the damage of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by an amount equal to 15% of your spell power." from misery when a boomkin puts ip imp FF?

//Lehto
    you still get the misery effects i think just the hit doesn't stack

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Jeffreybang

When there's a spriest in the group, a moonkin should never apply iFF. Quite simple tbh.

The 3% crit isn't worth the gcd, theorycrafting has proven one gcd every 40 seconds doesn't weigh up to it. Add to that the fact in a 25-man raid you can often depend on a feral druid to put on faerie fire, so no point at all a moonkin should put on iFF then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehto

//Lehto
    The "and increases the damage of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by an amount equal to 15% of your spell power" effect is irrelevant if there's Misery on the target or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    When there's a spriest in the group, a moonkin should never apply iFF. Quite simple tbh.

The 3% crit isn't worth the gcd, theorycrafting has proven one gcd every 40 seconds doesn't weigh up to it. Add to that the fact in a 25-man raid you can often depend on a feral druid to put on faerie fire, so no point at all a moonkin should put on iFF then.
    My Points Excactly *pats owl*

Now DANCE FEATHERS, DANCE!

(I bring moonkin to raids for the entertainment value, their dps doesn't matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    i'm retarded, your right, need to go to bed. for some reason i was thinking way to hard about the wrong aspect of the debuff system. i was looking at the misery tool tip and going this isn't right what am i missing. then, oh duh that. yeah my bad, get misery always, you lose your 3% hit but get it back with iff plus you still get your damage from misery. going to bed to keep this at bay...
    It was not meant to be personal or harsh, but information should never be vauge. I'm always very direct.

And there's plenty of stupid people on the internet, so I typical take it from there.

The "and increases the damage of your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by an amount equal to 15% of your spell power" effect is irrelevant if there's Misery on the target or not.
    Oh, okey! I'v always thought the misery have to be up for getting the 15% extra.