Thread: low level disc

low level disc

I just can't seem to understand the point of a few talents and to what spells they would benefit as disc damage wise as im leveling.

- Twin Disciplines (what instant damage do we really have other than SW:P)
    - Mental Agility (again other than things like renew and bubble i dont get this talent, is it really worth 5 points?)

and as a disc while leveling what abilities would you use to kill your enemy?

thanks
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: low level disc

If i wanted to damage things, Id put points in the shadow tree.

well i wanna heal and heal my friend while we level but i want some damage option that is viable and for what i've read disc is pretty sweet for that. i just had a few questions about that ( i am shadow atm )

yeah id go disc for that. esp since your a clothie and youll get spirit on your gear, the imp spirit buff will help you out.

yeah i figured that much out, but what would i do with those talents that i mentioned considering after the research i did, the only spells damage wise id use is smite, holy fire. I can understand the reduced cost of PoW: S and the increased heal of renew, but what instant cast dmg abilities do we have other than SW: P and SW: D

i leveled disc from 1-62 and i do descent damage idk i like it it takes about 3 mobs to get through ur shield :P

i lvled to 80 as a disc priest my spell rotation basically consisted of Penance,Holy fire, mind blast,Penance and just finish it off with wand and SW: D...twas enouph for me as for those talents i'd take them just to be more mana effecient while lvling and just to be a better healer in general....

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by imahobo
    i lvled to 80 as a disc priest my spell rotation basically consisted of Penance,Holy fire, mind blast,Penance and just finish it off with wand and SW: D...twas enouph for me as for those talents i'd take them just to be more mana effecient while lvling and just to be a better healer in general....
    And:

Penance is a really great spell but remember to have your shield or nothing hitting you while using the spell. Also I tended to use sw:d and smite more than mind blast. (its up to you tho) while leveling keep your points in shadow tree as well (ie: spirit tap) and try and get the last nuke on the mob with sw:d.

Levelled as Disc from 1-80, although a lot of that was done under the old tree.

My current grinding rotation (for a balance between damage and mana efficiency) is Holy Fire, SW:P, Mind Blast, Penance, Wand x 2 or 3.

If you're levelling as disc, your first 3 points go in spirit tap and stay there until 80, or even beyond while you finish quest zones for gold. You can live without those 3 points for quite some time and they'll make the whole experience better.

Yes there are some lacklustre initial disc talents, but we're not the only tree that has that.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

15+ Year Old Account

While it is possible to level as disc, and it isn't THAT slow, it will never be as fast as shadow. And shadow has absolutely no problems healing all the instances before WOTLK.

Also, come level 13 every priest, no matter what, must have 3 points in Spirit tap. The game should put those 3 points there for you, because it is not a decision - Spirit tap is TEH AWESOME for leveling.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!