Best Mage Trinkets???

As far as I can tell, our No.1 slot trinket is "Illustration of the Dragon Soul"

There is a tie really for the second best I think as Embrace of the Spider or Dying Curse. Those are the two I currently have equiped. If you are over hit capped, then take the Exiled trinket from badges to replace Dying Curse. ( Which is rare to be hit capped just from gear alone w/o gemming or enchanting for it.)

Now, in our Naxx run last night, the trinket " Extract of Necromatic Power" dropped. I was looking at it and realized that I totally missed this trinket!!! Im FFB 0/53/18, and while idealy it is a godly warlock trinket, the FFB mages have 3 to 4 dots as well that do damage! Living Bomb, FFB itself, Pyroblast from Hot Streak, and Ignites. All 3-4 dots tick off, and gives a chance for the trinket to proc. Thats 750 to 1300 damage per tick.
    Not to mention that is Increases Crit by 95, ( which is huge for FFB speck )

What does everyone think? I tried looking this up on www.Maxdps.com and they don't even have that trinket listed!!! not even on the warlock table is it there.
    Has anyone tested or run any numbers on this??

Discuss.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sz&n=Waluigiee

Deleted

Re: Best Mage Trinkets???

Embrace of the spider and Sundial of the exiled on FFB spec.

probably Illustration of the Dragon Soul and Exiled

but since, Illustration of the Dragon Soul is getting nerf'd to 20sp per buff from 26sp

not sure

18sp
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

15+ Year Old Account

It was 18 spellpower, but has been changed to 20 spellpower.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft
    18sp
    20sp

Dying Curse is horribly itemized, dont know why an ilvl 213 has less rating than an ilvl 200 (exiled) while hit and crit rating cost the same. It cant be just the spellpower.

Necromatic Power isnt that good. Well it got a shitload of crit but the proc is kinda weak in comparism. Just with the exiled proc and one ffb crit you get that extra dmg.

I currently wear exiled and illustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenwrath
    Dying Curse is horribly itemized, dont know why an ilvl 213 has less rating than an ilvl 200 (exiled) while hit and crit rating cost the same. It cant be just the spellpower.
    Yes it can.  The proc is the equivalent of 109-127 passive spellpower. (not sure if the 10 second duration is included in the 45s internal cooldown or not - if it is, then 127 spellpower)

If you can utilize the hit, Dying Curse is one of the best trinkets in the game.  It will see more action now that 18/53/0 is competitive.   Its definitely right up there with Sundial and Embrace, with the (nerfed) Illustration slightly ahead of everything.

Rawr usually won't rate it highly because most people will input current stats near the hit cap, so the hit isn't fully utilized.

I was wondering if Je'Tze's Bell (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37835O) is better than or equal to Embrace of the spider (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39229)?

Je'Tze's Bell has 8 more SP with a 100mp5 for 15 sec proc, while Embrace has the haste proc. With haste being such a meh stat for FFB, I was wondering if they were comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepingtom
    I was wondering if Je'Tze's Bell (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37835O) is better than or equal to Embrace of the spider (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39229)?

Je'Tze's Bell has 8 more SP with a 100mp5 for 15 sec proc, while Embrace has the haste proc. With haste being such a meh stat for FFB, I was wondering if they were comparable.
    Short Answer: No, embrace is way better.
    Long Answer: Just because haste is not optimal doesn't mean that having it is bad.  Its like 84 passive haste, which gives you dps, whereas the mp5 proc does not.   

Quite simply:
    Sundial of the Exiled, Embrace of the Spider, Illustration of the Dragon Soul, Dying Curse, Forge Ember, Mark of the War Prisoner are all good PvE obtained trinkets.  Get two of these (if you get Dying/Mark you need to be able to use the hit or they suck)

The two standard ones for an FFB mage with unlucky Naxx drops are Forge Ember (farm heroic HoS) and Sundial. Mark is a good substitute for Forge Ember for raid boss fights if your other gear can't provide the hit and you want to be hit capped.

Avoid the rest - let these go to other players who may actually get an upgrade from them.

Who says haste is a meh stat for FFB. It's slightly better than crit if you have roughly the same amount of crit and haste ratings. Check out some spreadsheets at EJ.

And mp5 is a very terrible stat for mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Waluigiee
    ( Which is rare to be hit capped just from gear alone w/o gemming or enchanting for it.)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sz&n=Waluigiee
    Boy I wish that were true. Every piece of gear has spirit, mp5, or hit on it for the 'extra' slot past int, stam, spellpower and haste/crit. Rare are the pieces that have haste and crit instead of hit.

-Moon

First im a ShadowPriest so im not familiar with your exact numbers.

But i guess hit is the strongest stat for all Classes till hit cap.
    Coz of that Dying Curse will be the best Trinket until u hit the cap... after that its still good but there a plenty of better alternatives.
    Illustration of the Dragon Soul is the best Trinket , prolly for every casterclass even after the nerf.

Extract of Necromatic Power is really bad , it seems to procc every ~35s and the Shadowbolt dont get ur Hit, so it will miss sometimes..
    Its a bad Trinket even for Shadows and Warlocks (affli ofc). There a blue trinkets (HC's) which are way better ..

The 40Badge Trinket is rly good.. its the second or third (depends on hitcap) best Trinkets for us Shadows. I guess it wont be other for u mages.

Best Trinkets for an SP atm are:

Not Hitcapped:
    Dying Curse + Illustration of the Dragon Soul

Hitcapped:
    Illustration of the Dragon Soul + Badge (84crit & SP procc)

I hope i could help a little

greetings

Even though Crit and Haste are now very good stats for FFB mages, Spl dmg is still king.

Rawr ranks the Embrace of the Spider higher than the Sundial by 100dps, and the illustration (in the current 26 spl form) at another 40dps above that.(in my current gear, 80% naxx 25 or better)

Even w/o hit cap both of these trinks are better than dying curse.

What will be harder is figuring out if the nerfed Dragon soul or the Embrace will be the one you give up once you get an ulduar trinket....

Whenever you have a Mage Gear question, i suggest looking at Rawr (www.codeplex.com/Rawr), or Vontre's Mage Spreadsheet, if its still up to date (sry, been usin rawr personally)

so with the nerf to Illustration of the Dragon Soul, has anyone really noticed a big DPS difference.

That new trinket from Wintergrasp isn't to bad either....

Forge Ember, Mark of the War Prisoner are the best two for you i think
    remember what you heard when you wernt even listening

actually staying with Illustration of the dragon sould & sundial of the exiled

Another one to throw into the pan, that Im currently using Darkmoon Card: Undeath since 3.0.8, haste was changed to crit. I've ran Naxx heroic and Sarth a few of times now, and theres been a bit of a drought as far as trinkets are concerned :-[