Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you actually find Naxx fun?

The main topic around Naxx has been the ease of doing it. But for me the main issue should always be, is it actually fun?

Personally I find it a very boring instance and it feels as outdated as it is. I'm a huge fan of Kara, and even ZA was pretty good. But going to Naxx feels like a real step back. Graphically it looks rather dull. I dont find most of the boss fights very fun either. And there seems to be less fun stuff like we had in Kara.

I admit I didnt do the original Naxx, but going there just feels boring because it reminds me of countless trips to Scholo/Strat.

Do you think the debate should now switch to how good Naxx really is...?

Reminder, this isnt a debate on how easy it is. Some people might argue I'm not enjoying it because it's too easy, but my guild has cleared it, but still wipe there on some bosses on occasion because of crappy DPS. It's not hard for us, but we're not exactly on auto-pilot like we were with Kara by the last few months.

EDIT: PEOPLE CANT SEEM TO READ, SO REMINDER: THIS IS NOT A QQ THREAD ABOUT HOW EASY/NOT EASY NAXX IS. IT IS ABOUT HOW FUN IT IS

Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

I find it fun...
    Not as enjoyable as Kara was, but it's definitely enjoyable because I'm with my Guild, and they make it enjoyable.

when +2 promille drunk and speaking shit in vent yep sober raiding is boring and too easy

well i like it, but i can understand where you are coming from

since wotlk i have been raiding for the first time <3 (took a step back from pvp)
    because its al new to me, and we are in a very casual guild, we stil wipe on bosses once in a while.
    also we have great ventrillo chat going on during the raid wich makes it fun aswel.

now pure graphic wise, yes i agree naxx isnt fancy when compared to kara.
    But its a zomby instance... i mean wath did u expect hehe.
    as for the bosfights, i like the 4 horseman, thaddius and grobbulus
    but some bosses are plain stupid.

I really disliked kara but i like naxx tbh

I really hated kara after the first time you went through. There was just sooo much trash. I like naxx even though 10 and 25 man versions are exactly the same.
    forumz addict :>

Never went vanilla naxx, even @ 70. Enjoying majority of boss encounters, nice to see new mechanics being used. Though ihave to say, and i'ms ure a few will agree with me, Deathknight wing trash is VERY VERY VERY ANNOYING. Only part of the instance i dislike.

I really hate the one who brings up the green lava every 30 seconds, forget the name. I don't think I've survived that fight once, getting a bit of a reputation for sucking at it ;D

I understand most raids can be really fun with a good vent chat going, but I'm asking purely about the raid itself.
    Personally I enjoy PuGing Vault, atleast it only takes 5 minutes, than sitting for hours clearing a raid thats pretty boring.

I'm not saying the graphics need to be spectacular but they seem rather samey after having visited countless Zombie dungeons. So it adds to the boredom.

On the other hand I really enjoy going Obsidian Sanctum, even though it's not totally original (reminds me a bit of Onyxia) but atleast its new, looks good, and is far more interesting.

I agree the trash in Kara did get really boring, but then I've heard Blizz cleared most of the Naxx trash for 10/25 man.

There are some fights in Kara I even loved after doing them 50 times, Big Bad Wolf & Nightbane I could do forever...

15+ Year Old Account

I agree Kara is fun, but mostly cause of the voices "Run away little girl" <3

Must start playing Naxx with sound and music

EDIT Dumbhammer it's Heigan

During the end of TBC i was in a guild doing Sunwell. Wiping nights after nights on M'uru and Kil'jaeden (before THE patch). Well for some that's obviously not so much fun. But it was a challenge that kept us playing.

After three month WoW break i came back and took a step away from hardcore raiding (4-5 nights a week) and went back in my old more "casual" raiding guild. I remember bosses in SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal that took at least several nights to accomplish.
    After 2 weeks of 25 man raids now we cleared Naxx yesterday. Some ppl have seen Kel'Thuzad for the first time, some downed him in the 10man version. First attempt was (sadly) a 1-2% wipe, second attempt we got him down. Of course for some it's fun to just go there and grab loot. But what's the reason if you don't really need the gear for this content.
    That's something that just takes some fun from raiding right now. Besides the instance being rather old. There are ppl who raided in vanilla WoW Naxx all week, i can't think how bored they feel right now

Besides. At least we have some more challenging tasks like Sarth 2/3 or 3/3 in 10 and 25man versions, thats actually something you do not accomplish on the first try.

Do remember Naxx is THE entry level raid, blizz stated they wanted it to be puggable, and well it is. As for the challenge hungry ppl, sarth + drakes is 1 of those challenges. And oh, how i love the ppl that cry that content is too easy but yet have failed/not attempted to take sarth + drakes ^^

Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry
    Do remember Naxx is THE entry level raid, blizz stated they wanted it to be puggable, and well it is. As for the challenge hungry ppl, sarth + drakes is 1 of those challenges. And oh, how i love the ppl that cry that content is too easy but yet have failed/not attempted to take sarth + drakes ^^
    Exactly...
    The only ones whining should be the Guilds that have completed Sarth +3 and all the Difficult Raid Achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by atla
    During the end of TBC i was in a guild doing Sunwell. Wiping nights after nights on M'uru and Kil'jaeden (before THE patch). Well for some that's obviously not so much fun. But it was a challenge that kept us playing.

After three month WoW break i came back and took a step away from hardcore raiding (4-5 nights a week) and went back in my old more "casual" raiding guild. I remember bosses in SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal that took at least several nights to accomplish.
    After 2 weeks of 25 man raids now we cleared Naxx yesterday. Some ppl have seen Kel'Thuzad for the first time, some downed him in the 10man version. First attempt was (sadly) a 1-2% wipe, second attempt we got him down. Of course for some it's fun to just go there and grab loot. But what's the reason if you don't really need the gear for this content.
    That's something that just takes some fun from raiding right now. Besides the instance being rather old. There are ppl who raided in vanilla WoW Naxx all week, i can't think how bored they feel right now

Besides. At least we have some more challenging tasks like Sarth 2/3 or 3/3 in 10 and 25man versions, thats actually something you do not accomplish on the first try.
    Please don't turn this into a "its too easy now" thread, ignoring the merits of that debate, I'm sure we can all agree that topic is very boring now and there are 10000 other threads talking about it.

But yes, people who did original Naxx must be even more bored by it.

"Do remember Naxx is THE entry level raid, blizz stated they wanted it to be puggable, and well it is. As for the challenge hungry ppl, sarth + drakes is 1 of those challenges. And oh, how i love the ppl that cry that content is too easy but yet have failed/not attempted to take sarth + drakes ^^"

^ Troll post. Did you even read the topic? This is not about how easy it is. It's about how fun it is. I've already stated I don't find it *that* easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbhammer

"Do remember Naxx is THE entry level raid, blizz stated they wanted it to be puggable, and well it is. As for the challenge hungry ppl, sarth + drakes is 1 of those challenges. And oh, how i love the ppl that cry that content is too easy but yet have failed/not attempted to take sarth + drakes ^^"

^ Troll post. Did you even read the topic? This is not about how easy it is. It's about how fun it is. I've already stated I don't find it *that* easy.
    I think he was replying to Alta...

I would never say that I find Naxx a serious raid instance. Concluding that it's not THAT fun as Sunwell Plateau was but..

..I would find myself exhausted to actually clear it twice, for progress. (notice, I didn't raid preTBC) This actually has nothing to do with topic, but felt like to say it. I'll just say that wait for Ulduar, stick with naxx to get skill, gear and some more skill for Ulduar when 3.1 comes. It should be brand new instance. Can't really wait to see the "new" raid mechanics they are implementing i.e; Raid takes X damage, whole raid gets magic that priests have to massdispell etcetc..

Meh, naxx is cleared in 3-4 hours by our guild. Leads to that we kill Sarth and Maly at the same day. <AFK> at Orgrimmar bank roof for the rest of the week. That's not fun. I loved the nights at SWP. Just loved 'em. And where the H*ll is my avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    I would never say that I find Naxx a serious raid instance. Concluding that it's not THAT fun as Sunwell Plateau was but..

..I would find myself exhausted to actually clear it twice, for progress. (notice, I didn't raid preTBC) This actually has nothing to do with topic, but felt like to say it. I'll just say that wait for Ulduar, stick with naxx to get skill, gear and some more skill for Ulduar when 3.1 comes. It should be brand new instance. Can't really wait to see the "new" raid mechanics they are implementing i.e; Raid takes X damage, whole raid gets magic that priests have to massdispell etcetc..

Meh, naxx is cleared in 3-4 hours by our guild. Leads to that we kill Sarth and Maly at the same day. <AFK> at Orgrimmar bank roof for the rest of the week. That's not fun. I loved the nights at SWP. Just loved 'em.
    lol. Yeah I think its the mechanics that are a bit boring too now, because Blizz has re-used them since in 5 mans. So doing them in a raid doesnt feel as epic as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    I think he was replying to Alta...
    I'm glad some ppl have the ability to cnnect the dots

<3 Bainz

Imo it's a very nice raid (in heroic).
    16 bosses to kill, not so much trash, and last 2 bosses with 0 trash, at least it's all about bossfights and no more about killing 23489072348924 trash and then if you are still awake, kill the boss.
    And all that can be done in 3 hours.. love it.

Kara was the most boring raid ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry
    I'm glad some ppl have the ability to cnnect the dots

<3 Bainz
    Sorry :P

Naxx in terms of instance design, look and feel is as close to perfect as you can get.

That is why it has been brought back, because at the end of vanilla wow they pulled this instance from somewhere and implemented it too late and too close to the 2.0 patch.

It had many boss mechanics that at the time where completely new. Up until that point there was not really many bosses that required that level of co-ordination - even C'thun in AQ40, which was the hardest encounter up until that point was easy by comparison.

What may devalue slightly the fun/feel of the encounters is the fact that TBC built on these mechanics established in Naxx and progressed from there - so in terms of boss design, its not really anything "new" and is viewed by some as a step back.

But as Blizzard have stated over and over in the past is that they brought back the instance as it was the most loved (which it was, pretty much due to its challenge, look, feel and at the time - interesting new boss encounters) and that few people got to experience it - I did clear a little over 1/4 of the place back in vanilla.

But is naxx fun? I would say yes. It is a LOT better than Kara, that was the entry raid in tbc. It fits in with the lore kinda but moreso with the general feel and look of this expansion that say kara did with tbc. Tbf Naxx would be a lot more fun if they toned the damage up, the enrage timers down and general sped things up (heigan dance too slow and noth doesnt teleport about enough). Yes this gets onto the general difficulty of the encounter but people tend to find challenge fun. Lag is not a challenge - its an annoyance. I am not going to say "naxx is easy" but the fact it is not harder does detract from some of the fun.