Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry
    I'm glad some ppl have the ability to cnnect the dots

    <3 Bainz
    You know it mate...


    I have to agree with some of the posters, Kara had a lot of Trash, and then wasn't so much fun, but I really liked the encounters.
    ZA was great because it had hardly any trash.
    Herald of the Titans / Dedicated Insanity - 10man Only Guild

    Made by Sokogeka, a Legend.
    Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

  2. #22
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    531

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    I think Naxx is fun (:
    Mainly cause it's so fast and you can pretty much chain pull the entire instance and pewpew your way through it all.

    Also I think Naxx is crap :/
    Mainly cause there's no challenge.

    And did a pug Naxx once, just to experience it.
    That was the worst thing ever. Slow and Fail.


    Guess the enjoyment is mainly up to who you play with. And to make it fun yourself.
    Dreanor EU Horde
    90 Priest, Nadiya, 574
    90 Rogue, Cayumi, 554
    90 Paladin, Rallyho, 553
    90 Druid, Månflinga, 549

  3. #23

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    Short answer - no, i dont find it fun either.


    Long answer -

    Looking at naxx and knowing what was tweaked, how classes have changed, and how player skill has evolved, i can understand what was challenging and fun about it back in the day.

    The problem is that the fights themselves arent just tuned to be "easymode" its that the actual content of the fights is such a joke compared to some of the finer details of BC raids. Revisiting naxx without redoing the encounters was a bad idea on blizzards part, theyre just to "old school" in design.

    I mean think about most of the naxx encounters. Patchwerk, Noth, Loatheb, Anub, maxena, farlena, raz, gothik... all of those are more or less just tank and spank fights. Sure they have their lil gimmicks in them, but for the most theyre boring designs from a day and age when gear check fights were the norm and challenging designs played little part.

    I mean look at even c'thun. Going back now and doing it i was thinking "i bet this is an interesting fight in design, even if were going to own it"... but really it just looked like a retard check of the highest degree.


    Compare that to fights like kalycgos, leothras, bloodboil, council, vashj, hell even gruul and lootreaver were more mentally engaging encounters. Thats to say nothing of the funner fights like Illidan, Kil'jaden, Mu'ru, and the best raid encounter blizzard has designed, Kael'thas.

    Its really just taking a step back. I know blizzard devs were "proud" of naxx when it came out and were disheartened that they screwed up and no one really saw it back then. But the truth of the matter is that after giving us fights like netherspite, al'ar, and pre-nerf magtheridon... going back to tank and spanks that require little mental effort is sad and disappointing.

    Maly and Sarth are fairly well designed fights (if you do sarth with drakes as was clearly intended), though the drake aspect of maly makes the fight more annoying than the occulous.

    In all honesty, as much as i HATE dragons, Sarth is probably the funnest LK encounter ... well not for me i guess, all i do is tank sarth and try not to die =\ fucking warriors get to have all the fun with the drakes



    Hopefully Ulduar sees some very engaging and fun fights, more Sartharion+Drakes and less Maly phase3/Kel'thuzzad/Patchwerk. I mean I dont like wiping to fights for a month either, but I'd like to not go in and demolish the content in 2 days because the concepts are all outdated and have had to be tuned down for losing 15 raid members (40 down to 25, or 25 down to 10).

    But in all honesty, i trust blizzard to make some more interesting encounters in Ulduar and beyond. No BC raid was a total disappointment. Sure some fights were boring, but on the whole the raids themselves were all engaging and fun.




    Maybe we should all take a lesson from this actually. A lot of people want "old world content" to be bumped up and given a reason to do it again (ie: heroic - scholomance), but the reality is that that content is old and dated and would really offer no real excitement.

  4. #24

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    I agree with most of your post Kaire, although it seems many people do seem to be enjoying it, maybe we're a minority.

  5. #25

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    I find Naxx huge fun, and I did it a few times pre-Wrath. All of them post-BC, though.

    One thing I wish they could fix is the hiddeous lag in thre. Dying to Heigan by taking damage in the middle of a safe patch in the dance is frustrating.

  6. #26

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    And another thing that makes naxx fun in my opinion: Achievements.
    The day i'll clear all the heroic raid achievements, i will say naxx is boring.

  7. #27

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahak
    I find Naxx huge fun, and I did it a few times pre-Wrath. All of them post-BC, though.

    One thing I wish they could fix is the hiddeous lag in thre. Dying to Heigan by taking damage in the middle of a safe patch in the dance is frustrating.
    But that would take away my excuse for dying every time ;D

  8. #28

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    I think Naxx is enjoyable. My guild has cleared all 25-man content except KT and Malygos, both of which should fall soon. It's challenging enough that you almost always want to do it with guildmates, which is what makes the game fun for me as I love my guild. I don't think I'll ever tire of people dying to the slimes after Patchwerk, haha. Some of the corpse runs back to Thaddius and other wing-end bosses can get old fast, but the encounters themselves are enjoyable. The ability for Paladins to AoE tank has definitely made some parts trivial, but it just means you get to the bosses faster. It feels a bit like BT did after patch 3.0: big, diverse, and challenging, but not insurmountable. I have no problem being 'stuck' with Naxx for a while longer before Ulduar.
    WTF folder, indeed.

  9. #29

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAfo
    And another thing that makes naxx fun in my opinion: Achievements.
    The day i'll clear all the heroic raid achievements, i will say naxx is boring.
    I don't really think clearing all the achievements is a yard stick to how fun an instance is. I still have gear that can be upgraded if I get a lucky drop in Naxx, and I'm only doing 10 man, so it's not like I'm sick of it.

    I love achievements, but I don't think they tie up at all with fun factor. But I can see why some people enjoy it.


    Khorban being with friends can even make Gnomeregan fun...

  10. #30

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    I enjoy naxx. I cleared it up to horseman prebc and was excited to go back. While most raid guilds have done it prebc and alot did it in beta is the main reason why its so "easy mode". Its much more approachable to the majority of players, which while my leet hardcore raider epeen doesnt like it, its better for the game.

  11. #31

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    well, achievements make the fights pretty different, you have to change tactics, or leave the "easymode" tactics to do them.
    Ofcourse some fights are still the same achievement or not, but at least there's something more tricky and challenging to do, and challenge IS the fun.

  12. #32

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAfo
    well, achievements make the fights pretty different, you have to change tactics, or leave the "easymode" tactics to do them.
    Ofcourse some fights are still the same achievement or not, but at least there's something more tricky and challenging to do, and challenge IS the fun.
    Ah yeah I see your point, gets you out of the same old way you clear it most weeks.

  13. #33

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi
    And did a pug Naxx once, just to experience it.
    That was the worst thing ever. Slow and Fail.

    Guess the enjoyment is mainly up to who you play with. And to make it fun yourself.
    PuG Naxx :E.. Can't really imagine that.

    You're right, with nice people around and chitchatting at VT it's not so boring.

  14. #34

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    I love naxx. You can choose what wing you want to go dependently of your group (it matters more on 25 naxx). I love it more than Kara ( I did like 30 full Kara runs). I love idea of medals. So if you was unlucky to get full tier you can buy some pieces. It will suck if Blizz will not introduce new medals for Ulduar and will use available ones.

    Btw, I just love Heigan the Unclean! I died few first times but then I get it and only one healer survived and few dps and all tanks died. I am dps dk so I tanked it and we downed him (only 5 man) from 50% to 0%. It was awesome and very long fight. And it was first or second time we downed Heigan in my guild.

    After this I never die on him or get any damage (as dps) in 10 mab or 25.

    New content and approach to raiding is much better in WOTLk from my opinion.

    And of course Slims in Construction wing is most hard boss in naxxs

    And Btw I find Malygos fight very funny as well. But of course bosses are funny if you have good guild, etc.

  15. #35

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoon
    I love naxx. You can choose what wing you want to go dependently of your group (it matters more on 25 naxx). I love it more than Kara ( I did like 30 full Kara runs). I love idea of medals. So if you was unlucky to get full tier you can buy some pieces. It will suck if Blizz will not introduce new medals for Ulduar and will use available ones.

    Btw, I just love Heigan the Unclean! I died few first times but then I get it and only one healer survived and few dps and all tanks died. I am dps dk so I tanked it and we downed him (only 5 man) from 50% to 0%. It was awesome and very long fight. And it was first or second time we downed Heigan in my guild.

    After this I never die on him or get any damage (as dps) in 10 mab or 25.

    New content and approach to raiding is much better in WOTLk from my opinion.

    And of course Slims in Construction wing is most hard boss in naxxs

    And Btw I find Malygos fight very funny as well. But of course bosses are funny if you have good guild, etc.
    Badges have were present in Kara too. :P

  16. #36

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbhammer
    Badges have were present in Kara too. :P
    they werent initially... But sure helped gear up a lot of peeps when it did

  17. #37

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    It gives me something to do. Once my original guild broke up we scattered into our own little guilds and still pug naxx with old guildies /rl friends here and there.

    Im pretty sure most people will agree that theres not much to do at the time being so naxx will do for now. As for the fun part .... It can be unless some scrub pug comes along and cant jump or doesnt know what charge he has >.<

  18. #38

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by Masennus
    PuG Naxx :E.. Can't really imagine that.

    You're right, with nice people around and chitchatting at VT it's not so boring.
    I clear naxx25 twice a week. Once with my main and guildies. Then on saturdays, our guild holds a pug with about 10 of our alts and clears it again. It's not really hard, other than getting pugs to understand how to move on Thaddius or Grobbulus.

  19. #39

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    I don't mind it, and I did a bit of it at 60. It's good to get revenge on bosses that you used to spend countless hours wiping on haha. But really, it's no where near as boring as Kara was and I find the encounters, the ones I had and hadn't seen before, mostly fun. Although it is extremely easy, it's a good source of loot to gear your raid up for Sartharion with 3 drakes alive, which is an extremely fun and fairly challenging encounter (imo).

  20. #40

    Re: Do you actually find Naxx fun?

    I like Naxx specifically because its a relaxed raid setting, with some challenges (for achievements) along the way.&#160; Its great after I finish a work day since I can chat on vent while drinking a beer and AoEing down trash, then focus for bosses (if we're doing an achievement).&#160;

    Since you're doing 15 bosses in 3 hours (including at least 3 bosses with *no* trash before them), you don't get sick of the trash. In Kara, I hated all that trash clearing.&#160; It just wore me down.&#160;

    I'm sure my opinion will change when I have all the loot I want, and we have all the achievements done, but by that time we'll (hopefully) be in Ulduar and I'll be doing Naxx on my alt Shammy instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •