Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Blackout to be removed?

yup remove ths stun and give em a daze just like the ppor destro locks that have been suffering with that crappy talent!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by fireshadow
    if we got a controlled stun / drool, or maybe some dot protection would be nice
    If you have read the patch note's it said that in 3.0.8 they can no longer dispell dots

How does the logic work that RNG stuns are more troublesome than stuns you can control? If anything i'd like to see all stuns be RNG, would stop most of the occasions I watch myself die without any ability to prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rymezz
    If you have read the patch note's it said that in 3.0.8 they can no longer dispell dots
    That's not how you should read it sadly. What the patch notes mean is that spells that aren't dots or buffs no longer benefit from your dispel resistance talents. So, dots and buffs still get the 30% or whatever dispel resistance you spec for, but effects such as CC spells like polymorphs or fears or Slow etc don't get any dispel resistance. Nothing changes for dots.

You might want to re-read the blue

Quote Originally Posted by Teramos
    did warriors get a controlled stun then they removed the old mace specialization? No! so don´t get your hopes up, because i´m very certain that there will be no stun for you
    Warriors can already get a number of controlled stuns. Charge, Intercept, Shockwave, Concussion Blow.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    You might want to re-read the blue
    I did, and it still sais this:
    "The general rule of thumb is that helpful spells (e.g. buffs) and dots are protected. Other offensive spells (e.g. crowd controls) are not."
    Ok so they may-be dispelled but they are protected now though ,
    and that still is the answer for fireshadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Warriors can already get a number of controlled stuns. Charge, Intercept, Shockwave, Concussion Blow.
    Two of them are in the deftree... mid and deep. So not every warrior got them.

Less random stuns ftw
    We can't solve problems with the same kind of thinking that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raniere
    Less random stuns ftw
    Truth is that the blackout stun proccing at an opportune time accounts for about 50% of Shadow priest victories in my experience. So I really cannot see what they will replace it with - unless we get a totally unrealted talent and chastise as an extra spell or something. I cannot see what 5 talent points would be used for to aid a PvP ability replacing BO.

Make blackout something controllable, like shadowfury and place it further down the tree. Put it on a nominal CD and a short stun. Making it aoe would probably be OP considering the free aoe fear so single target would probably be how it works out.
    It would make me want to play my priest again. The devs have done so much ability/talent sharing that this isn't out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by nidhoggr
    Two of them are in the deftree... mid and deep. So not every warrior got them.
    And two of them are controllable.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nthpower
    impact and blackout are different

blackout can proc with the shadow damage of the dot, and it's in the first tier of talent
    If that was the case, I would be severely pissed by this change. Really.
    That would equal:
    Devouring Plague + Vampiric Touch + SW:P (+ Holy Fire DoT) <-That means 30-40% chance of a stun every 3 seconds (suggesting that you can apply them all at once). I have yet to see that happen d:

Blackout procs not on the damage from DoTs, but from the application of DoTs - since anything else would be OP and stupid.
    Just clarifying that for you d:

Gief a dot protector in it's place though =D

Yeah, Blackout do definitive not proc on tick. That's comming from someone who played undead for 3 years.

It's a really crap mechanic, and the procchance is not worth talking about. I need something that force the paladin to bubble and use his trinket before he gets in fear range.

"The general rule of thumb is that helpful spells (e.g. buffs) and dots are protected. Other offensive spells (e.g. crowd controls) are not."
    Where does it say that DOTS or those spells get a 100% protection... learn to read all the information presented.

Dots have always been protected by that 30% spell removal resistance, now its not going to be on fear anymore is what it seems to be saying, and i was talking something of the lines of how shadowweaving used to be, or something to the effect of ua, shrug just hopin is all :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Where does it say that DOTS or those spells get a 100% protection... learn to read all the information presented.
    i said this :
    Ok so they may-be dispelled but they are protected now though.
    You were right but they are protected.

DoTs are no more protected than they allready were, if you specced into the talent for it.