Thread: "Insane DPS"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: "Insane DPS"

Quote Originally Posted by Naur
    Top is 12639 dps by a rogue in Thadius.
    More statistics in http://www.wowmeteronline.com
    Sorry, but I am not impressed with rogues using the hat trick exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    Dude yur dk is a complete moron then. DW has one of the easiest rotations there is.
    Whats hard about PS-IT-HB-BS-BS-RP follow by PS-IT-HB-IT-IT-IT-RP
    Jesus, if he thinks thats hard delete yur DK now.
    link ur wws that says you did 7k dps on pathc, then you can start slagging ppl off matey.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    Dude yur dk is a complete moron then. DW has one of the easiest rotations there is.
    Whats hard about PS-IT-HB-BS-BS-RP follow by PS-IT-HB-IT-IT-IT-RP
    Jesus, if he thinks thats hard delete yur DK now.
    PS - IT - BS - BS - HB - DUMP
    PS - IT - IT - IT - HB - DUMP

That's a better rotation.

Obviously it was that easy for you, eh?

I'm one of the dk's doing around 5k dps...but i'm also in heroic/10 man gear with only 2 piece 10 man tier 7 to give you an idea of my gear lvls. I have always done 2h simply because i prefer the look, though i've always said that dw dps is theoretically viable and had my own tri spec in the back of my head before others began surfacing. There's the background...

Now on topic: did 4.4k dps with a 2h unholy spec and a blue 169 dps 2h axe from Old Kingdom. Next week i messed with duel wield spec for the first time. Use a modified 3/31/37 spec (hate not having subversion, i pug alot of shit and pug tanks aren't reliable) with The Key (130 dps blue) and the red sword (epic 143 dps tank sword). It's not even a fast / fast setup (which is more ideal for dw prepatch) and i pulled 4.9k dps on sarth. Keep in mind i only had 3% hit (well 6% due to talent) and 33 expertise rating in my gear, so my "rotation" was non existent since i had to keep an eye on what dodged/parried/missed etc and reapply. Oh i wasn't even skill capped on those weapons either so had a ton more glancing blows then i should of (i think my glancing blows was 44% lol).

So summary, same gear lvls and LESS skill lvl (playing 2h a few weeks vs dw a day) and i pulled more dps dw'ing crappier weapons. That is why DW is getting nerfed.

sarth doesnt count due to massive AOE on that fight....i get 9k as unholy 2h on that fight.
    Patch is the only real 3-4minute boss fight that is true full sinlge taget dps test.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimós
    my 2cents,

Patchwerk last night Naxx25.

Guild DW 32/29 DK, 7.0k dps,
    me 2h 17/0/54, 5.9k dps.

big numbers are possible with any spec, but atm, DW is OP....hence the inc nerfs.
    Expect blood, unholy and DW all to be around 6k dps after patch with good gear.

btw, DW is by far the hardest spec/rotation to play...so dont expect to jsut spec that way and get 6k+
    .....our DW DK spent 3 days in front of target dummies in Ebon Hold practicing rotation. 3 days!!! U wanna be good, u gotta put the work in!
    What I find rather amusing about this post is, that your guild doesnt even have the 3 min Patchwerk achievement.
    So either you use like 10 healers on patchwerk or you are just telling us bullshit.
    I would really like to see a WWS/recount screen of this fight with you and some other guys putting out 6-7k dps and still not even breaking 3 mins.
    I mean we have no one in our guild who did over 6k dps at our last kill with 25 but we still downed him in 2min 18 sec.
    Something is definitely not right here :>
    Newti - unplugged (EU Eredar) - 6/8 HC, 7/7 HC, 13/13 HC

7k? WWS or it didn't happen.

Edit: Have a look at this http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/dkt/6/0

haha...just coz 1 person does 7k dps, doesnt mean every1 else does.
    2 guild DKs are top damage everytime.
    We run with whoever signed for the raid and showed up on time, and give priorty to ppl that need loot from the instance. If that means taking more healers or not taking our heaviest dps, then we do....Naxx aint exactly challenging.

U dont believe me that our other dps DK does 7k on patch...thats fine. I was only offering advice on how he got to 7k...if u dont believe me or dont want to take the advice, ok.
    U want a WWS go make a char on our server and w/ our GM.

@OP: The most reliable source you'll get for what your dps *should* be is to look at a DPS Spreadsheet. But keep in mind that most spreadsheets assume that you will hit a perfect rotation, never go out of range of buffs during a fight, never have latency issues, and the biggest problem of them all: Human error. So think of it more as a... guideline for how much dps you could be doing based on your gear, but don't be surprised if you're dps is a little bit lower in game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by trexia87
    @OP: The most reliable source you'll get for what your dps *should* be is to look at a DPS Spreadsheet. But keep in mind that most spreadsheets assume that you will hit a perfect rotation, never go out of range of buffs during a fight, never have latency issues, and the biggest problem of them all: Human error. So think of it more as a... guideline for how much dps you could be doing based on your gear, but don't be surprised if you're dps is a little bit lower in game.
    thanks for the response

Starfire : 13 K crits (with trinket then)
    Wrath: 8 K (with eclipse, trinket)

2.2k spellpower

Quote Originally Posted by skajaki
    Starfire : 13 K crits (with trinket then)
    Wrath: 8 K (with eclipse, trinket)

2.2k spellpower
    Wrong forum?