Goodbye Seal of Justice?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We will almost certainly be phasing out the single target random stuns (such as the Starfire stun of Celestial Focus and Blackout) as well. (Source)
    *shamelessly stolen from the priest forums about blackout*

So they are looking to remove RNG stuns eh? You think they will remove the seal and leave the judgement or just or make use have a useable interput instead of the world worst seal known to man woman and beast?

Err, just to check, SoJ is still in the game right?

Re: Goodbye Seal of Justice?

It is. It can be useful to kill a healer but only when the RNG gods are with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Cynic
    It is. It can be useful to kill a healer but only when the RNG gods are with you...
    He is called Uther right? Patron saint of Paladins.

They should just rename it Falcon Punch and make it an interrupt like kick on a 10s CD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anytime191
    They should just rename it Falcon Punch and make it an interrupt like kick on a 10s CD
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Anytime191
    FAAALCON PUNCH!!
    That would totally fit Mighty Morphing Pally Rangers ^^

But no, paladin should not have a 10s CD spell interupt. But still. Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayumi
    FAAALCON PUNCH!!
    That would totally fit Mighty Morphing Pally Rangers ^^

But no, paladin should not have a 10s CD spell interupt. But still. Fun.
    I totally agree. A 10 Sec Interupt would be silly.

6 secs would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinKosh
    I totally agree. A 10 Sec Interupt would be silly.

6 secs would be much better.
    maybe even without cd...?

maybe even without cd...?
    Lets not get silly now, next thing your gonna start asking for is a 20% damage midigation tool that is on a 1 min cd or some magical field that stops harmful magical effects from landing on you.

OUTRAGEOUS!!

Still think Bible Thump would work better than the Falcon Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by bubblepwns
    how about "throw libram" :P
    The target it hit in the face by a book, all spell casting interupted as you say "Come on seriously.... who throws a book?"
    Oh noes! Plz don't perma ban me :-/ *flips the bird* OH NOES I WON'T BE ABLE TO POST!PLXDON'T!!one loldie

Lets not get silly now, next thing your gonna start asking for is a 20% damage midigation tool that is on a 1 min cd or some magical field that stops harmful magical effects from landing on you.

OUTRAGEOUS!!

Still think Bible Thump would work better than the Falcon Punch.
    Hahaha, that was a great post. But yeah, doesn't look like Seal of Justice will be around much longer. Knowing Bliz, they won't replace it with something else though..
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

If you combine the German saying "Die Sonne scheint mir aus dem Arsch" (the sun is shining out of my ass) with an interrupt for paladins called like "Blinded by the Light" (I read this one somewhere in the beta forums in late TBC)... Anyone else thinking of funny animations?

15+ Year Old Account

If you combine the German saying "Die Sonne scheint mir aus dem Arsch" (the sun is shining out of my ass) with an interrupt for paladins called like "Blinded by the Light" (I read this one somewhere in the beta forums in late TBC)... Anyone else thinking of funny animations?
    "you emit a light from your ass that blinds your opponents which lowers the hitrating for melee and spells by 50%"

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick
    The target it hit in the face by a book, all spell casting interupted as you say "Come on seriously.... who throws a book?"
    if this is implemented I'll change my pally to female and rename to Fujibayashi Kyou

SoJ has been useless since 2005 when they removed the talent for it. Not even reckoning could save it.

Wait wait, there was a talent for SoJ?

Wait wait, there was a talent for SoJ?
    There was a 5 point talent in Prot that increased SoJ's proc per minute rate by 1 per rank and it was the prerequisite for Repentance.

Consecration also use to be the 21 point Ret talent too and BoW and BoM use to be auras, not blessings.

The More You Know (cue jingle)

I'd love to see a defensive seal or a 'charging' effect added to the game.

New Seal of Justice - Fills the Paladin with the spirit of Justice. For 2 minutes, any attack that successfully strikes the paladin generates Divine Justice, stacking up to 10 times. Unleashing this seal's energy will cause (Normal Light/Wisdom/Justice damage) and stun the target for .5 seconds per stack of Divine Justice.

Now it's not RNG, it's more reliable, and it's kinda fun to use, especially in PvP where SoJ was likely to be used anyway, it also severely cuts back on burst damage, and provides a useful tool for countering healers/runners other than simple point blank annihilation. I bet people would still whine, though.

Adding more stuns would just give birth to more whines, so bad idea.
    Perhaps give it a debuff for a short time reducing dmg and healing done by the target by up to 25% or so, at least that would help a bit in pvp while you're hitting the druid trying to run away before refreshing the judgement of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    I'd love to see a defensive seal or a 'charging' effect added to the game.

New Seal of Justice - Fills the Paladin with the spirit of Justice. For 2 minutes, any attack that successfully strikes the paladin generates Divine Justice, stacking up to 10 times. Unleashing this seal's energy will cause (Normal Light/Wisdom/Justice damage) and stun the target for .5 seconds per stack of Divine Justice.

Now it's not RNG, it's more reliable, and it's kinda fun to use, especially in PvP where SoJ was likely to be used anyway, it also severely cuts back on burst damage, and provides a useful tool for countering healers/runners other than simple point blank annihilation. I bet people would still whine, though.
    Very awesome idea. But.. a five second stun is going to be the source of QQ for months. Think about it. You get targetted by 2 DPS, you get to 10 stacks within 1-2 seconds. You then retaliate with Judge and stun someone for 5 seconds while you bash the shit out of their partner, while you're probably still getting hit and getting it back up, all with HoJ ready for the kill. Another problem with that seal, it doesn't help runners who aren't hitting you. They may be focusing on your partner while keeping you at a safe distance with non-damaging attacks, which wouldn't proc SoJ. Also, it doesn't fit with any other Seal. Seals are based on you doing damage. So, make it:

Fills the Paladin with the spirit of Justice. For 2 minutes, any successful damage done by the paladin generates Divine Justice, stacking up to 4 times on the paladin. Unleashing this seal's energy will cause (Normal Light/Wisdom/Justice damage) and stun the target for .5 seconds per stack of Divine Justice. Divine Justice lasts 10 seconds.

This will give our 30 yard taunt another use in PvP, as it can set up for a stun. A 2 second(1.4 if they have -30% stun duration) stun is enough to be annoying and setup for a kill, but will be on DR so it can't be spammed against someone. Duration would have to be tested significantly, but 2 seconds wouldn't exactly be OP and keep it at it's original duration, while doing significantly less damage. SoJ means no SoC when the target is stunned so no huge burst. Purely CC/interrupts for when huge burst is no longer viable. Also for damn tanking and interrupting bastards.

AoE might make it too easy to set up, but that shouldn't be too bad. 8 second CD no matter what. Could be a great 10 point talent either way.