Need help with a Macro

I found this macro at Wowwiki.com, it's for an Unholy DPS rotation:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6/combat/shift Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, Pestilence, Blood Boil, Death Coil, Scourge Strike, Death Coil, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike, Death Coil

When I try and use it, it seems to only get up to the first ability or two, and then go back to my auto attack

Is there something I'm missing here?

Re: Need help with a Macro

Nice, way to turn an active class into the Huntard mode of steady shot spam/bestial wrath button pushing. What fun!

Draekon

Honestly, even if you wanted to do a macro such as that, they work horridly for DK's. Too many of our abilities are dependent on what you have put up there prior to using the ability, and if one of those misses or whatever, it's just gg.

DK's are meant to be more active than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Draekon
    Nice, way to turn an active class into the Huntard mode of steady shot spam/bestial wrath button pushing. What fun!

Draekon
    Because I'm single handedly bringing down the class...if anything, figuring out how to make this macro work will teach me the proper rotation I would need in the first place...but thanks for the help anyway.

True though bull...if one does miss I'd be screwed...thanks for actually helping.

a couple possible things:

1.) You do know that you have to press the button/click for each ability? So you will need to click 11 times to go the whole way through the macro.

2.) Look at the resets. If you bump the shift key, or wait more than 6 seconds between clicks, then it will reset.

otherwise it looks like a proper macro. GL!

Quote Originally Posted by daphoosa
    a couple possible things:

1.) You do know that you have to press the button/click for each ability? So you will need to click 11 times to go the whole way through the macro.

2.) Look at the resets. If you bump the shift key, or wait more than 6 seconds between clicks, then it will reset.

otherwise it looks like a proper macro. GL!

This. For sequence macro's like this with mutiple GCD triggering abilities u need to hit it again for each one in the sequence.