Question for 17/0/54:

I'm wondering if I should drop some +crit gems and put in +8hit/exp instead?

I've got a total of +88crit through gems and have been looking around and find that my hit is a little lower than some Unholy's...but my crit is 5%+ more than most.

If I re-gemmed for 8hit/exp I'd gain a total of 48hit and 48exp...at the cost of 88crit and 16ap.

48hit would put me at 316...but I also have Sphere for +55, but I'd lose the boar which is a nice chunk of AP constant...for a clickable AP buff.  Considering the "toning down" of the gargoyle I'm not sure which would be better, have a higher constant dps, or having a clickable dps boost for Heroism/Buffs to dmg output.

Gaining 48exp would bump me up to 3.25% to not be dodged which helps get me closer to the cap...so that's a plus.  48hit would put me up around 9-10% which would be capped as well.

I guess really it boils down to the expertise.  I can switch the boar with Sphere and be at 323 hit rating...at the cost of 100~ AP.  Or I can replace crit gems and be over 300 +hit...keep the AP from boar...and gain some more expertise as well, but lose almost 2%crit.

I'm just confused because AP is still the single best stat we can get...but reaching the other caps (hit,expertise) indirectly increases dps as well, and it's just damn hard to lose 88crit rating in a single blow lol.

Here's my armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...27nilash&n=Gyx

Re: Question for 17/0/54:

8% is all the hit you need using a 2hander, your expertise is pretty low though so I'd suggest boosting that. I think it is 6? or 7% not to be dodged(parried is higher).

You only need to hit the dodge cap for expertise since bosses can dodge from behind but not parry and you should pretty much always be behind bosses.

I would go with the expertise/hit till you get enough gear to not need the hit or expertise,and then replace them with 16 str.

For blue sockets for meta or socket bonuses,8 exp 12 sta is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem
    I would go with the expertise/hit till you get enough gear to not need the hit or expertise,and then replace them with 16 str.

For blue sockets for meta or socket bonuses,8 exp 12 sta is very useful.
    As far as gear goes I don't have much left to upgrade that will give me more hit or expertise...some of the 25 man stuff will give me a little extra but not to the point of getting me capped in expertise.

For blue sockets I threw in JC gems for 27str to get meta and socket bonuses and the extra ap.

Quote Originally Posted by hnd
    8% is all the hit you need using a 2hander, your expertise is pretty low though so I'd suggest boosting that.  I think it is 6? or 7% not to be dodged(parried is higher).
    Expertise is really what I was worried about and how losing 2% crit to gain 2% less chance to be dodged would play out in terms of dps.

I've looked around and it seems like I'll be shooting for The Jawbone off Maexx next week.  Similar speed and top end to the Wraith Spear so my damage spread will stay about the same...but it's a mace so I will get the 5 expertise racial bonus...gain some expertise on the weapon itself, ~100 AP, +54haste rating, and only lose 68crit rating.

Using Jawbone would put me at 5% -dodge...which is close enough to the cap for me lol. All I will be losing is 2.92%crit leaving me at 30%crit...

So now it's a straight up decision if -3% dodge will be equal to +3%crit in terms of dps.

EJ has Strength ahead of expertise in value even before you are expertise capped. I don't really make much of a point to go out of my way for expertise. Now if it's a decision between a good chunk of expertise and a moderate amount of strength then the expertise would win. But seeing as you're hit capped, Strength is ultimately more valuable. Just my 2c