Guardian Spirit bug?

Hey all, I'm a holy/disc priest and I've noticed 2 separate instances where Guardian Spirit failed to work. Just wanted to see if anybody else has had the same issue.

The first time was in arena. When I checked the log, it shows GS coming up but it healed me for only 1 health. The 2nd time was in a heroic where I cast AND saw it on the tank (he verified that it showed in his log but it didn't do anything).

Has anybody else had this kind of problem of GS simply not working?

Re: Guardian Spirit bug?

it doesn't work on a feral druid and some other class, can't remember witch, it's a bugg

I have a feeling it wasnt working on a DK for me the other night... I thought I was slow or had a bit of lag but maybe it was the bug?

could be so.. i'm shadow myself but i read what i said above somewhere don't remember where anymore. will be fixed in 3.0.8 though.

You do realise it is completely possible to cast spells on people that are already dead?

I've seen it do the exact opposite and double heal the target (to 100% hp):

I thought it could crit but the patch notes say there is a bug with it atm where simultaneous killing blows trigger the effect multiple times... it's being fixed in the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar
    You do realise it is completely possible to cast spells on people that are already dead?
    I totally agree with you, except in this particular run it occured 4 or 5 times (the DK in question was tanking a heroic with dps gear)... so I doubt the lag caused the problem every single time... i'm positive on a couple of occasions I cast it well before the killing blow was landed... probably something to do with the DK turning into a Ghoul is preventing GS working properly.

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar
    Both times this happened to me, it was well before I or the other player had been killed. I even saw the icon for it on the tank. The tank was a druid, so sounds like it's a known issue.

Kinda sucks that I put a point in there and it's failed me literally half the time I've had to use it this past month. Hopefully blizz fixes it soon! Until then, i'm respeccing out of it.

"probably something to do with the DK turning into a Ghoul is preventing GS working properly."

The DK does not die, when he does that (he actually maintains threat for example) so, why would GS procc? ^^