Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A question about Thunderfury

Hello, I have just gotten hold of the right half of the Bindings of the Windseeker, I have heard and seen screenshots that indicate DKs are able to get it.
    However when I tried to start the quest it wouldn't work, it says "You can't use that item", so I have a couple of questions.

Was it a bug that allowed you to get the quest and if so was it fixed?
    Do you need both bindings to get the quest?

Re: A question about Thunderfury

You only need one binding to start the quest. As far as I know DKs cannot use the sword.

Found my answer, I was able to start the quest, now I need to get the other item and the elementium bar.

What solved it? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    They thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

Just to clarify the class restrictions, Blizzard removed all class restrictions on Thunderfury, but they never removed the item note. The item note will be changing in an upcoming patch to reflect that.

Can MC be soloed at 80? The runes can be handled i guess, since the quintessence has 1 hour cd, but can the bossess be soloed? I remember some t6 equipped 3 maned it back in TBC.

My GM (Death Knight in mainly Naxx 10/Sarth 10 gear), solos everything except the last four bosses in MC (Sulfuron Harbringer, Golemagg the Incinerator, Majordomo Executus and Ragnaros) which is all you need for TF and he's having no problems at all, he just specs some random tri-spec or w/e to get self-defense abilities from all trees. Currently only needing the last binding to be able to create it. So yes, the bosses you need for TF can be soloed with proper gear and the right spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    I'll miss how the old Tree of Life looked like it was in a constant state of panic while healing, running around with its arms flailing up in the air going "OH GOD, HOW DID I GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH INTERNETS!"

You also need to kill Ragnaros, he drops another legendary quest item IIRC which is a 100% drop if you have both bindings and the elementium. I'm not really 100% sure cause i did it 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel
    You also need to kill Ragnaros, he drops another legendary quest item IIRC which is a 100% drop if you have both bindings and the elementium. I'm not really 100% sure cause i did it 3 years ago
    Jep but i guess you will find someone to help you with that once you got both bracers and the elementium .
    Newti - unplugged (EU Eredar) - 6/8 HC, 7/7 HC, 13/13 HC

Yeah, seems you will have to start rounding up rune doucers.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel
    That's for the hand of rag, not thunderfury.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix
    That's for the hand of rag, not thunderfury.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19017

That's for Thunderfury.

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    Just to clarify the class restrictions, Blizzard removed all class restrictions on Thunderfury, but they never removed the item note. The item note will be changing in an upcoming patch to reflect that.
    does this also apply to items such as glaives from illidan? and the blade i which i cannot remember the name of, from the q in dire maul, forged in onyxia's lair.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Just to clarify, there ever haven't even been any class restrictions. You don't use those bindings, you use Vessel of Rebirth which does not have any restrictions! Only thing why there is those class texts is making it clear who would need that item and who not.

And lose your hopes about glaives. Those have class restriction and it will not be removed. At least anytime soon.

However that doesn't stop you from starting the quest which everyone says it's impossible.

I am on that quest line right now (right bindings dropped last wednesday).
    You cannot use the bindings. You have to talk to Demetrian in Silithus while having one half in your inventory. He will then give you the beforementioned vessel to examine. Just turn in the quest and you will receive the quest, where you have to collect both bindings, the essence of Ragnaros and 10 Elementium Bars.

Did MC yesterday for the essence. Got the bars too. So just pray to the loot gods that Geddon will drop the left half next reset.

I don't think that the glaives are useable for DKs (yet). They still have their class restrictions. The quest item that drops of Thunderaan does not have a class restriction, neither does Thunderfury itself.

Concerning the "is-it-possible-question" you might want to take a look:

GM Chat

DK wielding TF
    Necrouphyte
    <Incoming>

Less QQ more pew pew!

iam also working on TF achievement

a good question will this weapon benefit something besides player's ego. i mean can it be useful for something in current content.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Necrouphyte
    I am on that quest line right now (right bindings dropped last wednesday).
    You cannot use the bindings. You have to talk to Demetrian in Silithus while having one half in your inventory. He will then give you the beforementioned vessel to examine. Just turn in the quest and you will receive the quest, where you have to collect both bindings, the essence of Ragnaros and 10 Elementium Bars.

Did MC yesterday for the essence. Got the bars too. So just pray to the loot gods that Geddon will drop the left half next reset.

I don't think that the glaives are useable for DKs (yet). They still have their class restrictions. The quest item that drops of Thunderaan does not have a class restriction, neither does Thunderfury itself.

Concerning the "is-it-possible-question" you might want to take a look:

GM Chat

DK wielding TF
    I'm pretty sure that if you are on the quest to get TF that the bindings will drop and anyone who is on the quest will get to pick it up and/or roll on it. Like the Eye of Rag for the Sulfuron quest chain.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Its kinda wierd the thought of being able to basically Solo your way to getting a TF.
    WoW Died at Patch 2.0

You don't need to be on the quest to roll on the bindings, its like any other drop in the game, although probably one of the rarest drops in the game...i have friends who had only 1 binding after two years of vanilla rading.

I guess its pretty lame you can solo your way to weapon of such power (according to lore the weapon is imbued witih the essence of the prince of air, Thunderaan, who wielded the weapon itself) but what can you do eh

a good question will this weapon benefit something besides player's ego. i mean can it be useful for something in current content.
    Its not good for anything right now. At 60 it was the ultimate tanking and dps weapon...had lots of fun with it as a fury warrior.
    At the start of BC it was the ultimate tanking weapon, especially AOE tanking because the proc generated insane amounts of agro but they nerfed it.