Quote Originally Posted by Mortax
    People read the post on Elitist Jerks:

1. Int
    2. Crit
    3. SP
    4. Haste
    5. Mp5

Yes they are right...
    Exactly! Perfect holy guide there.. Which states the obvious..

Re: tips for a new holy paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Mortax
    People read the post on Elitist Jerks:

1. Int
    2. Crit
    3. SP
    4. Haste
    5. Mp5

Yes they are right...
    totally right but dont go all out on the int. u should balance all the stats int,sp,critt,haste. dont care about the mp5 cuz it comes with the gear;P but try to avoid mp5

Another thing that many new holy pallies dont use as much as they should is Judgement of Light. This is basically a hot on every dps in the group since it procs A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgut
    Another thing that many new holy pallies dont use as much as they should is Judgement of Light. This is basically a hot on every dps in the group since it procs A LOT.
    If by "A LOT" you mean "100% of the time", you're right! It has no choice but to proc; That's the main function of Judgement of Light, and the biggest reason why it's my favorite. Plus, with the glyph you get +5% heal potency. Worth it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lumnights
    If by "A LOT" you mean "100% of the time", you're right! It has no choice but to proc; That's the main function of Judgement of Light, and the biggest reason why it's my favorite. Plus, with the glyph you get +5% heal potency. Worth it.
    already making 15k healing crits (or more) and you want another +5% on it? better to take wisdom instead.

lets retri's judge JoL now as it scales very good with them

Quote Originally Posted by blupp74
    Useful comment.
    Have someone point out multiple things, then just tell him he's wrong.
    Not WHAT is wrong, or WHY it is wrong.
    Let's just let him, and everyone else, guess what you meant, and what your suggestion/preference would be.
    I'm sick and tired of correcting people on this. So forgive me if I came across short.

The fact of the matter is that the true order of importance for a pally's stats is freaking EVERYWHERE. People say "research your class", but it's wrong to call the effort needed to find this most basic of information "research". Thirty seconds of looking on the internet is not "research".

Not only that, but if he's looking for a correct order, like three people above me posted stuff a hell of a lot closer than his crap.

He's wrong. And an idiot for not understanding how to play his chosen class. There is no excuse for being so wrong about such basic information about the class you play. We can discuss the nuances of "well, maybe Sp is above Crit once you have a certain mana level". This is valid discussion. Putting Int at the bottom of the list, just barely above mp5 is sheer lunacy.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Udugelig
    totally right but dont go all out on the int. u should balance all the stats int,sp,critt,haste. dont care about the mp5 cuz it comes with the gear;P but try to avoid mp5
    This is more or less correct. Although I wouldn't call it "balance". What you want to do is hit an "Int Cap" of sorts. This is a place where you are finding that you almost never OOM - even when nearly chain casting HL for an entire fight. For most Pallies, this will be right around 20k unbuffed mana. Gem for Int until you hit his benchmark and then stop. Eventually your gear will catch up and you will not have to gem for Int at all - the passive Int on your gear will get you that 20k. At that point, you're free to gem elsewhere. Personally, I lean more to the crit side. But any mix of Sp/Crit is generally fine. Avoid gemming/gearing for mp5 as it is not what gives us mana regen.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    already making 15k healing crits (or more) and you want another +5% on it? better to take wisdom instead.

lets retri's judge JoL now as it scales very good with them
    There will always be exceptions of course. But I can't guarantee that there will always be a ret pally or even a prot pally in my groups/raids. Especially 5-10 man content.

The best advice is obviously to look at each situation and decide then. Whether a pally uses glyph of light or wisdom isn't going to change the game that much, and I'm personally not going to reglyph for every situation.

I already have zero mana issues so why not have an extra 5% on my heals to cap people off, or in "oh shit" situations, it might pull someone through and avoid a death.

I've used glyph of seal of wisdom in the past, and, while great, I prefer light. Either glyph is a respectable choice.

P.S. God, we're chatting over which great choice for a glyph we should use. I wish my rogue had this "problem".

for the judgement thing, if youve got a lot of mana users in your raid, judge wisdom, if youve got a ret or prot pally in your raid, judge wisdom, if its just you in a 5 man, judge light since everyone benefits from it.

i wish judgement of light scaled with spellpower like it did with ap, a ret pally heals people for ~400 while mine heals for like 275.

for the stat thing, the elitistjerks way seems to be the best, i stacked int gems and enchants on everything ive got, im now around 21k unbuffed, 1850 spellpower, never run out of mana, and can still get the big 15k crits off. if you can hover around 20k, and still gem spell damage and crit, do so and youll probably be happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk00
    for the judgement thing, if youve got a lot of mana users in your raid, judge wisdom, if youve got a ret or prot pally in your raid, judge wisdom, if its just you in a 5 man, judge light since everyone benefits from it.
    I feel that Holy Pallies should almost exclusively Judge Light. I understand that the Ret Light is more powerful than a Holy one, but the thing is that it is critical that Judgement of Wisdom have a 100% up time. Too many classes rely on eeking out every ounce of replenishment they can get to maximize their full potential. In this regard it is best for the Ret to Judge Wis because he can be assured of having it up 100% of the time. For me, 100% uptime on my Judgement is just not realitic. Better that I Judge Light since I can make sure it's up during periods of spread raid damage than worry about trying to keep it up 100% of the time.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>