Post patch raiding? Disc priest or Resto shaman...?

I have two classes I love to play, both are equally fun to me also they are around the same level but I only have time to level and play one to get them gear correctly. I want to do raiding and pvp on the side, especially since dual speccing is coming out in the future. I just wanted to get peoples opinions on which will be better in the long run? I don't care about topping meters or anything, I just want to know which have the most pros than cons at lvl 80 for raiding mainly. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Post patch raiding? Disc priest or Resto shaman...?

Quote Originally Posted by Stosis
    I have two classes I love to play, both are equally fun to me also they are around the same level but I only have time to level and play one to get them gear correctly. I want to do raiding and pvp on the side, especially since dual speccing is coming out in the future. I just wanted to get peoples opinions on which will be better in the long run? I don't care about topping meters or anything, I just want to know which have the most pros than cons at lvl 80 for raiding mainly. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Quite honestly, if played well, a Disc priest can be one helluva healer. I personally like HOW they heal, through mitigation and the like. It's an interesting concept, and it works very well from what I've seen in my raids. They make excellent Hateful strike tank healers.

Resto Shaman, there aren't enough of them. I think there's five on my server. If you're anywhere near decent as a resto shaman, guilds will gobble you up and never let you go. Chain Heal is still where it's at, and raid heals are hawt.

These are only pros, as I don't play the class/spec, so I don't know much about it. It's all from just what I've experienced in the past and current raids. Though, I think a con to either of them is an idiot for a player D:

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii
    Quite honestly, if played well, a Disc priest can be one helluva healer. I personally like HOW they heal, through mitigation and the like. It's an interesting concept, and it works very well from what I've seen in my raids. They make excellent Hateful strike tank healers.

Resto Shaman, there aren't enough of them. I think there's five on my server. If you're anywhere near decent as a resto shaman, guilds will gobble you up and never let you go. Chain Heal is still where it's at, and raid heals are hawt.

These are only pros, as I don't play the class/spec, so I don't know much about it. It's all from just what I've experienced in the past and current raids. Though, I think a con to either of them is an idiot for a player D:
    There have been a shortage of shaman since the death knight have moved in. So I guess I will have to finish off leveling my shaman lol

Pros:
    -Both a good at what they do
    -TOTEMS/heroism
    -Resto shamans are usually few and far between making them more wanted in raids

Cons:
    -both are kind of iffy in PVP atm
    -For a shaman you'll be high on the meters if you know what to do (which mostly consists of spamming CH and occasionally LHW depending on play style/gear) which can be kind of boring at times
    -Priests have a lot up their sleeves which would probably make them more of an interesting class to play

4am here so I cant really think of anything else atm...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by THEwasd
    Pros:
    -Both a good at what they do
    -TOTEMS/heroism
    -Resto shamans are usually few and far between making them more wanted in raids

Cons:
    -both are kind of iffy in PVP atm
    -For a shaman you'll be high on the meters if you know what to do (which mostly consists of spamming CH and occasionally LHW depending on play style/gear) which can be kind of boring at times
    -Priests have a lot up their sleeves which would probably make them more of an interesting class to play

4am here so I cant really think of anything else atm...sorry
    I understand your dilema, it's 4am here as well and Im still at work lol but It's true about priest but if my shaman doesn't work out I can always level my priest then hehe.

BLOODLUST

Quote Originally Posted by lexxus
    BLOODLUST
    I do enjoy bloodlust ^.^