Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Is anyone else going to be annoyed if....

I generally ignore top DPS specs. I just use the spec I want to use; don't care if I do a little less DPS than other Mages. It's very funny if they say your spec sucks and you out-DPS them. :P
    Statix will suffice.

ITT: Bad mages complain.
    I think candlejack is a pretty cool guy, he kidnaps people and doesn't afra

Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    I generally ignore top DPS specs. I just use the spec I want to use; don't care if I do a little less DPS than other Mages. It's very funny if they say your spec sucks and you out-DPS them. :P
    I agree. I play the spec I enjoy. In TBC people told me to respec my Loc to destro. I said I would roll a Mage (which I did for this expac) if I wanted to go Destro, I liked Afflic. I was never #1, but if I am 7 in a 25 man, I can live with that.

I like FFB, and yes I have Blastwave and Dragon Breath :P Why? I like playing that way. So I took 2 points out of my range (since it doesn't help FFB) and used it for other talents. Right now I am almost always in top 7 or so in a 25 man (top 5 on Boss fights), and 1 or 2 in heroics.

Now when dual spec come out, I will do Arcane for PVP. The problem with FFB in PVP is mobility.
    "Peace is a lie"

I play the spec I enjoy the most, which happens to be Arcane. Screw DPS meters and screw all the FFB mages QQing cos they "don't have the right gear for Arcane". Stay as FFB then :P

Andil

Quote Originally Posted by Deviouss
    i do 5400-6200 dps on any 25 man straight dps fight without aoe
    patchwerk/razuvious

as haunt ruin http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IdxrbzMAoVA0IstZEz0V
    dont have a WWS but i have these SS's

See recount^

See raid chat^

not sure who your playing with and you skill/gear level but my assumption is that they are bad affliction warlocks
    Actually it's pretty easy to pull off 6k+ DPS on Razuvious if you are keeping dots running on Razuvious as well as 2 of the non-MC'd adds. That means you're not doing your job properly and you're only caring about topping the meter - which means everything I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Andil
    Actually it's pretty easy to pull off 6k+ DPS on Razuvious if you are keeping dots running on Razuvious as well as 2 of the non-MC'd adds. That means you're not doing your job properly and you're only caring about topping the meter - which means everything I guess?
    Actually his DPS is quite realistic for an affliction lock who can pull of a perfect rotation.. I know 4 or 5 such affliction locks who have no probs at all performing constantly within the 5-6k DPS range.

Andil

He shows a SS of 5.4k DPS at Patchwerk, and 6.2k at Razuvious. Really need I say more?

6.2k is slightly skewed on a fight where you receive no damage boost...I smell lucky RNG or DoT trickery...

Quote Originally Posted by potsos
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/3_0_8_Ar...ation_56_3_12/

Here's a quick video of just a single bar of mana on the test dummy. I had relatively modest crit numbers for the session. I have 38.68% crit with AB, +1882 sp, 267 haste. Self buffed, I think it end up with 3600 dps on the dummy. I usually did ~4400 on Patch with FFB and ~2600 on the dummies, so I'm guessing I should be doing around 5400 dps with 56/3/12. I've had 15,000+ ABars on the target dummies with AP/Trink/Gem proc.
    Wow, great damage but at the second half insane mana burn. 1min20 converting full Mana Bar into damage is really fast :-\

Quote Originally Posted by WolleKK
    Wow, great damage but at the second half insane mana burn. 1min20 converting full Mana Bar into damage is really fast :-\
    Solution: Get more spirit and use Mage Armor instead of Molten Armor, mana gem as SOON as you're at a 5k mana deficit.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/3_0_8_Ar...ation_56_3_12/

Here's a quick video of just a single bar of mana on the test dummy. I had relatively modest crit numbers for the session. I have 38.68% crit with AB, +1882 sp, 267 haste. Self buffed, I think it end up with 3600 dps on the dummy. I usually did ~4400 on Patch with FFB and ~2600 on the dummies, so I'm guessing I should be doing around 5400 dps with 56/3/12. I've had 15,000+ ABars on the target dummies with AP/Trink/Gem proc.

This damage is really weak =/, I do around 3800 dps on target dummy now that LB procs HS. A Mage in our guild (who is very experienced with Arcane) specced it and he was like 12th on dps meter at 4800 dps. I'm FFB and I was up at like 5700 dps. Sorry but nothing beats 325% crit damage =/

15+ Year Old Account

3600 DPS on a dummy without any buffs? That's insane. You can't base your conclusion on his DPS and yours. You aren't equally geared, therefor he might have a higher DPS than you if he equally geared.
    Statix will suffice.

(Since posting my video, I've changed my rotation and I'm now hitting up to 4200 on the dummy in the same scenario using Abx3>ABr rotation. Going to make a new video now.)
    /cheer

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    ...the patch is released and Arcane is the new top PvE spec?

I've looted lots of FFB based items from raiding with my guild. Would annoy me pretty bad if all the best in slot items for specific specs, suddenly switched because now I need to itemize for Arcane.
    I'm more annoyed that there's such a big difference in spec dps in the first place.

Perhaps this is just another corner for min-max'ing players to back themselves into.

I'm only annoyed that Arcane mages get a 30% bigger reduction in threat

Quote Originally Posted by PvE_Mage
    I'm only annoyed that Arcane mages get a 30% bigger reduction in threat
    It is such a blessing during AP/IV/Trinket Arcane Blast spam fests at the start of a fight. ;D

Let's see your video then? At the very least link your armory please. Also love to see your posted meters with you doing 5700 on anything other than Heigan/Raz. I do hundreds of tests a week and I will know immediately if you're making your numbers up. If you do 3800 dps on the dummy with no outside buffs on a regular basis (your average and not just your peak damage once), you have far better gear than me. I only have a couple of pieces of 25 man gear.

(Since posting my video, I've changed my rotation and I'm now hitting up to 4200 on the dummy in the same scenario using Abx3>ABr rotation. Going to make a new video now.)
    If you can grab me a link to a pirated Fraps or pay $40 for it, then sure, I'll post a video.

EDIT: I just rewatched your video.......you only dps'd through one mana bar....Are you serious? I'm at 3800 dps and I'm completely oom (I use all 3 gems, Arcane Torrent, and Evocation). This is a joke, see what your dps is after you've gone completely oom (using Evocation and your mana gems). You DPS'd your target for like 80 seconds. If I were to measure my dps from 80 seconds of casting I would be at like 6k+ dps. You need to remake your video.

Mana is 100% an issue in raiding. If you do 12k dps then go OOM in 20 seconds...you are useless. You need to take into account length of fights and mana conservation before you start talking about your dps.

Example:
    You do 6k dps as Arcane spec but you can only chain cast for 80 seconds = 480,000 damage done
    And say an FFB spec Mage does 5k dps but can chain cast for 120 seconds = 600,000 damage done

Another Example:
    You got up to like 6k dps at one point (with all your cooldowns popped) but then it dwindled down to like 3.57k dps. Who's to stay that it was going to sustain itself at 3.57k dps? If you would have kept the video rolling you dps could have just dwindle'd down lower and lower (asuming your keeping your mana up). Like I said, length of fight means everything. The amount of dps you can SUSTAIN during the fight matters the most.

You need to do some serious theorycraft on your character.

http://wowwebstats.com/miwmdi2xtdtcy?s=434330-463593

Amazing DPS as arcane is more than possible, crazy crit rate aside. There are several other parses with Arcane mages doing over 6.4k on longer fight durations.

but I assure that you're picking the wrong fight as people in FAR better gear than me are putting up incredible numbers with Arcane.

An Arcane Mage has yet to do more damage than me on my server. (I am not anywhere close to the best geared on the server either)

Honestly, it comes down to who knows how to play the spec. Sounds like a lot of Mages on your server have no idea how to play FFB...

I guess you leading the meters on a couple raids you've done this week = No mage on your server is doing more damage than you? I also love that you leading the meters = FFB is the best spec and you're awesome, but me leading the meters = My server has stupid mages that don't know how to play FFB. Because it's hard to refresh Living Bomb and Scorch while spamming FFB and HS procs?

You don't have to Fraps to record video. Wegame.com has a free recorder that allows you to record and upload your videos with one button press -- that's what I use.
    I raid full time in a guild that has had all WotLK content on farm for about a month now. Stop talking as if you know anything about my server or my character.

And the guy who posted the wowebstats.com of the 7k dps Mage. Had 80% crit on ArB, AB AND AM. Umm..........right......