Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Is anyone else going to be annoyed if....

Quote Originally Posted by potsos
    Are you seriously trying to sound like a bad ass because your guild has some of the easiest PvE content ever introduced into the game on farm? Oh, how incredible. Your guild has content on farm that my server PuGs every week. Also, none of this matters AT ALL since the patch just came out LAST WEEK. So your claim that "no one on my server has done more dps than me" is pretty laughable when your sample size is the few other casters in your guild on a couple of raids you've done this week.

Moonkins add 8% crit. Scorch/WG 10%. ToW 3%. Circular Focus Magics 6%. 10% of all casts add 30% crit. All it would take it ~40% base crit chance (very attainable) to reach ~70% average in a well rounded raid. Once again, you're wrong.
    I'm not trying to sound bad ass at all, just letting you know I keep in touch with the other raiding Mages on my server.

And armory the Mage he has base 24% crit (29% with Molten Armor and Glyph) and Focus Magic is not up 100% of the time. So the mage had to swing an extra 25% crit with all the shit you just said. Stop nerd raging like a loser and admit that he got lucky as hell with his dps.

I did Loatheb and my crit came out to be like 76% (the spore missed me one time and I didn't have it for like 40 seconds) and I did close to 8k dps. So yea when RNG is in my favor of fucking course people are going to slam the dps meters. Stop being a confrontational jackass.

You're in optimal FFB gear if you're hitting 6k+ dps with the spec. This means your gear is no where near optimal for Arcane, and still, you see relatively the same DPS as you would in FFB spec.

So in optimized gear for arcane, you do more damage than optimized gear for FFB.

15+ Year Old Account

Arcane doe do more dps plain and simple! I dont see why people are still arguing it?

Now you may do more dmg as FFB, and you may test out arcane and find that it totaly sucks...however these are personal results!

I was a die hard FFB fan and loved it, Having hit 5580 dps on patchwerk as ffb I looked at arcane pve as a joke! I was convinced that it would fail and fall far behind the high crits of FFB and all the procs, aspecially since its not uncommon to have much more than 50% crit raid buffed.

However now after regeming, regearing, reglyphing (YES you need to do it all to get a good feel for what arcane can provide not doing so is setting arc up to fail if your in FFB gems/gear/glyphs arc sucks just like ffb would fail for the way im geared now!) I have found that arcane is extreemly good dps in all situations!

The one thing is you no longer need to do is try and time all yoru cd's for that 35% burn phase! You want to be using your cd's as much as possible! Second you want a macro so that you use your CD's and can start into a good rotation once you decide its time with little to no down time! Third you want to be sure you do not use IV in the beginign of your "i win" macro as you want to be using the last ticks of IV to start up evocation. The faster you evo the less down time you got the more dps you can do and IV gives you that nice benefit of no knockbacks so you wont loose ticks of evo!

A typical boss fight is not much longer than 3 mins these days but even in the longer boss fights a well geared mage with glyphed mage armor and using there CD's properly can keep chain casting for a LONG time and that is with the 3x ab AM (clip @ 4th) Abr rotation! Thoes that cant get that rotation or how to time things so mana is not an issue are failing at the #1 most important part of the speck and will without a doubt find it sucks since All they seem to think is /POP EVERYTHING USE IT ALL MASH THE SAME CASTING SEQUENCE GOGOGO then run OOM in 60 seconds with nothing up and walk away saying arcane sucks.... sigh!

For thoes that say we go OOM in 80 seconds ....
    Sapph:
    http://wowwebstats.com/qmvw6pdfzwvpk?s=347-55134
    Kel:
    http://wowwebstats.com/qmvw6pdfzwvpk?s=79557-127239

Lrn2 use CD's to your advantage and not pop them all like an idiot in the first 5 seconds and then wonder where your mana went!

Well I was going to post my own topic but it seems that many FFB mages posted here and are considering Arcane ...

So I figure I have a good amount of everything, hit/crit/haste and SP. As an ex-FFB mage I of course went to stack a load of crit, taking advantage of the lovely bugged 6% precision.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ilrogg&n=Hilts

So now I want to spec out of FFB. I suppose Fire can still take a lot of crit to work, so that would require minimal changes, but I've done the whole 0-53-18 and it’s a bit too similar to FFB for me.

I'm hovering toward Arcane, but I'm not sure how to gem/gear for it. With the latest 57-3-11 I would still have 6% hit from Talents, but I don't know if I should go and stack Haste or Crit. Is my current gear sufficient so that I could try almost any spec by just re-gemming?

1500~ Spellpower
    333 hit
    433 crit
    290~ haste
    Check out my youtube channel for Overwatch and other Blizzard content: https://www.youtube.com/c/eleventyten. You can also visit me at www.eleventyten.net !

Your spellpower is way low for your gear choices and you've gemmed hit just about everywhere. Are you taking advantage of raid buffs to get hit capped or are you trying to do it all on your own?

Well I only have 12% hit at the moment so I needed a bit of a boost after my crit-tastic FFB gearing. I might have overdone it a bit fair enough - but what way should I go for ye auld Arcane spec?
    Check out my youtube channel for Overwatch and other Blizzard content: https://www.youtube.com/c/eleventyten. You can also visit me at www.eleventyten.net !

15+ Year Old Account

For hit: 17% needed for bosses

You get 1% from a dranei so if your allie in raids with one yoru hit cap is 16%
    You get 3% from imp farie fire or mysery thus allie 13% hit needed horde 14%
    You get 3% from precision Allie 10% (263) Horde 11%
    You get another 3% to arcane spells if you speck for it thus allie 7% horde 8% (However this is for arcane spells only you will still have 3% to miss when you use any frost or fire spells IE blizz for trash but your main single target nukes will be hit capped)

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher
    For hit: 17% needed for bosses

You get 1% from a dranei so if your allie in raids with one yoru hit cap is 16%
    You get 3% from imp farie fire or mysery thus allie 13% hit needed horde 14%
    You get 3% from precision Allie 10% (263) Horde 11%
    You get another 3% to arcane spells if you speck for it thus allie 7% horde 8% (However this is for arcane spells only you will still have 3% to miss when you use any frost or fire spells IE blizz for trash but your main single target nukes will be hit capped)

You don't need 17% on trash because they aren't Boss Level (+3) mobs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian
    You don't need 17% on trash because they aren't Boss Level (+3) mobs.
    Trye but fior cases like when you collaps the adds on the second drake while attempting 3 drake sarth id rather my AOE hit the drake than show up as a "Miss" no matter how insignificant the dmg is its better than a miss!