Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trade 10 x Heroism for 1 x Valor?

Rumor says that you will be able to trade 10 x Emblem of Heroism for 1 x Valor.

Does anyone have a source on this or should I just consider it a duck?

I5 4670K - NOCTUA NH-U12S - GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-D3H - CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 VENGEANCE LP 1600MHZ - TITAN XP - CORSAIR AIR 540 - CORSAIR AX 860I DIGITAL ATX MODULAR - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD - SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB SSD - WD BLUE 1TB

Re: Trade 10 x Heroism for 1 x Valor?

the other way around.

You can now exchange 1 Emblem of Valor (25 Man) for 1 Emblem of Heroism (10 Man) from the Emblems of Valor Quartermaster. Obviously, it doesn't work the other way.

page 3 on mmo-champ

15+ Year Old Account

A shame you can't trade 10 heroism for one valor, since personally I have absolutely no use for the heroic badges atm.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

That would be silly. 750 badges for t7 legplates, ok!

Well if they did that, my Guild's Raid Leader could do it.

Couple days ago he just got the achievement for 1000 Emblem of Heroism, and yes he still has that 1000 on him. He does heroics everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Naydie
    That would be silly. 750 badges for t7 legplates, ok!
    How is that silly. You get 25-man stuff without doing 25-mans. You got to pay a higher price.

because thats what was wrong with kara badges for BT loot. Please dont do it again!
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krypt
    because thats what was wrong with kara badges for BT loot. Please dont do it again!
    Completely irrelevant since the BT quality gear used the same badges you could use for anything.
    Stop being elitist, how is other people getting gear gonna hurt you?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

lol no way that will ever happen... sorry.

well, preTBC .. i remember looking at ppl with Tiers as Gods .. lol .. epix were hard to get ..

ever since TBC .. everybody got epiced .. its good in a way .. but its badly unrewarding to ppl who raid 5 hrs per day 3 - 5 days a week

look at this way ..

if you were raiding 24/7 and punching huge effort for an imba loot to drop (hoping it would *this* week's reset) .. do u think you'd feel ok about ppl hardly doing dungeons and get rewarded equivelant gear ?

its true that WoW is directed more towards casual way .. but, imo, i think raid loot and badge loot must have some sort of stat gap to make up for the effort ..

so .. 10 emblems of heroism for 1 emblem of valor is ok .. seeing the effort put into it ofc ..

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    Completely irrelevant since the BT quality gear used the same badges you could use for anything.
    Stop being elitist, how is other people getting gear gonna hurt you?
    Sole reason Emblems of Valor exist is because Blizzard realised it's mistake to award top gear from heroic farming.
    I personally don't do 25mans so I hope there will be new Emblem of Heroism content but Heroism -> Valor would be just stupid even if it'd be 10:1.. Badges build up quickly and in about 6-10 months we'd have casuals running around in t7 & t8..

15+ Year Old Account

We allready got that due to Voa.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ovenblast
    its badly unrewarding to ppl who raid 5 hrs per day 3 - 5 days a week
    If you put this much time into raiding atm, you are doing something very wrong.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    If you put this much time into raiding atm, you are doing something very wrong.
    Yeah we full clear all the content available now in two 4 hour raid days. Taking more than 3 is laughable.

well, preTBC .. i remember looking at ppl with Tiers as Gods .. lol .. epix were hard to get ..

ever since TBC .. everybody got epiced .. its good in a way .. but its badly unrewarding to ppl who raid 5 hrs per day 3 - 5 days a week

look at this way ..

if you were raiding 24/7 and punching huge effort for an imba loot to drop (hoping it would *this* week's reset) .. do u think you'd feel ok about ppl hardly doing dungeons and get rewarded equivelant gear ?

its true that WoW is directed more towards casual way .. but, imo, i think raid loot and badge loot must have some sort of stat gap to make up for the effort ..

so .. 10 emblems of heroism for 1 emblem of valor is ok .. seeing the effort put into it ofc ..

Sooo you figure because you have no life and can raid for ridiculous amounts of hours/days you should be honored with the best gear? /lol You're playing the wrong MMO if you have that mentality.

WoW is a casual MMO get over it. If you want to be "hardcore" go play FFXI.

Eh, save the heroism imo, when 3.1 hits there's probably gonna be more badge loot or something.. Like when SSO started selling goodies If not then well.. Pimp out a lowbie alt with all that account bound gear

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan
    Eh, save the heroism imo, when 3.1 hits there's probably gonna be more badge loot or something.. Like when SSO started selling goodies If not then well.. Pimp out a lowbie alt with all that account bound gear
    From my understanding, each new raid tier will feater its own set of badges.

So 2 new badges will be implemented in 3.1. Ulduar 10 man, and ulduar 25 man.

If t7.5 legs would cost 750 badges... and you run heroics decently fast and get 5 badges per hour... it would take you 150 playing hours of heroics to get ONE piece of t7.5.

That hardly invalidates the efforts and benefits of harder core raiding schedules. Hell, you can get several pieces of t7.5, and other gear at that level, in "just" 5 hours per day in 3-5 days per week!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Vexryn

funny thing is if a person is "casual"... why do they need gear thats the quality of t7? (or back in the day t5, then t6).

it doesnt make sence from a "needed" point of view... t7 10 man equiv stuff from badges is more than what they need to do 10 mans and heroics, and was the same when they had the initial badge loot gear.

the reason why they introduce this gear thats better and better is so the "casuals" as people call them have more things to farm for, and so keep playing. i know plenty of people that endlessly did heroics to get their gear better in tbc, some people just like the grind i guess....
    I tasted bacon.. one day..

People cry how WotLK is so easy. How then does it make running a 25-man instance an accomplishment worth a mention?

Same people cry how 25-man raiders need to be put on a pedestal where they can flex their e-peen. No 25-man raider gear for "casuals".

Forgetting of course the fact that being a casual has absolutely nothing to do with raiding. You can attend two raid nights a week, totaling less than 10 hours of WoW per week, and get the best gear in game. It all depends on your guild. You can play 70+ hours a week, and never step into a raid instance. Think more along the lines of raider vs non-raider and you won't make a fool out of yourself.

These same 25-man raiders are being given an epic PvP set for free. Do they refuse to use their valor emblems on those items? Of course not. It's perfectly fine when they do it.

All the while it's a 10-man instance that is actually the hardest in the entire game. Oh the irony.

Go figure...