Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Cross-language BGs, Blue posts, ClosetGnome

Quote Originally Posted by Broshious
    The reasoning behind not simply increasing the mana cost for CoH boggles the mind. "I don't think players would have really hesitated to push the button a third or fourth time -- they would have done it anyway and drained their mana." So according to blizzard every spell should be cheap enough to cast as much as you want because players are just so damn dumb they don't know how to manage mana so we'll do it for them. Smart thinking there.
    Don't know why you're being sarcastic. Players actually are that dumb.

I prefer outfitter tbh

Deleted

Healer UI
    I have mentioned our UI in a couple of threads. To briefly reiterate, some players just like managing mods, which is why we support it. But you should be able to heal a raid without a mod. I have done it, but it should be easier than it is. Incorporating more useful tools into the default UI without overcomplicating it is something we are definitely interested in. An example I use a lot is the ability to view buffs and debuffs on a target at once. For say a Resto druid healing Maexxna who is also doing Abolish Poison, it can be frustrating not to see both. (Source)
    I wanted to adress the default UI in World of warcraft.

I have my raidboxes stacked up, so when a target gets a debuff the box next to it just overlaps it, so I tend to ignore it, but the closer those boxes are stacked up the easier it is to manage healing. I'm a click-push kind of player, I have my left hand on my keybinds, and my right hand on my mouse to click in the raidboxes and push the right button. Not sure if it is possible to fix those raidboxes, because sometimes I slip and drag a raidbox half behind my actionbar, so can be quite annoying to heal. ;D

Another issue is mainly my own characterframe, maybe it's possible to add the percentage next to the mana and healthbar, because when I enable it to see how much mana and health I have the numbers take the entire space of the frame, making it difficult to see how much is left of the blue bar (rather then looking at the numbers). lets say i have 25k mana, being able to see i have 10% mana then i know i have 2500 mana left.
    Just a personal issue.

Also combattext that appears on my character, the amount of health restored works fine, but I would like to see more mana returns, like from the talent rapture, now I have to go into combatlog to see how much mana i get back. I could just drag out the combatlog, but my screen is already cluttered, with all actionbars out, and every single spot is occupied by a spell/item. I have one bar for healing, one for dispelling, one for offense, and two for utility/macros. I could take a screenshot of it in a 25mansetting, and post it.

That seems to be my most important issues with the default UI. I will contribute more if I remember them.

Deleted

Unfortunately, the optimizations we are prepared to make in order to reduce latency and disconnections in Naxxrammas

Hmmm interesting, what about the other instances, and dalaran, and basically any 10/25 man raiding content particularly when WG starts and ends.

Hmmm if they were aware as they keep telling us then that patch comment would not simply just mention naxx. I am more than a little concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by loftus
    yes, but not by a casual. casuals will have reached level 80 around christmas time and will not have learned 15 boss encounters on normal/heroic mode to the level they have it on farm and can do it in 3 hours (15 bosses in 180 minutes, less than 15 minutes per trash + boss by casual players is a joke.)

i expect the top guilds to be doing that yes, but to say you're a casual at the same time is ridiculous.
    Why not as a casual? I don't see how you can draw conclusions that we are unable to learn bosses before even entering - I've never set foot in Naxx pre-tbc neither even during tbc but I certainly don't think that the learning curve in wrath is harder than those in TBC raids - every trash pack is AoE-able and none of the bosses, save for achievement purposes, pose much challenge. Again ,the group in which you are categorizing are no more than the bad players not casuals. FYI it took me only 3 weeks to get to 80 from 70 and it seems that pretty much everyone in the casual category took about the same time too.

To everyone saying that ClosetGnome isn't as good as some other addons, I kind of agree. I know I know, it's me that wrote the addon feature, however, it was written pre-wotlk, and was just very quickly updated. I didn't intend for this one to actually be published, since a LOT of the plugins that made it so good aren't actually functional with WotLK, so yes, it isn't as great as it was pre WotLK.

That being said, it's my own fault for not getting a replacement feature up fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Broshious
    One thing I would love to see is more glyph utilization for fixing these things. Fine add a 6 second CD, but add a glyph that increases the mana cost while removing the CD. Then we can see if players really can't think for themselves. This is off topic, but in another post holy nova was mentioned and it was stated that making it raid-wide would be too powerful, and if they nerfed it so that it was ok for that it wouldn't work for 5-mans. Here's another place that having a glyph shines. Leave it as it is and make a glyph that makes it raid-wide while reducing healing done. Not only would these kinds of solutions make the game more interesting but then people would, shockingly, have glyphs to CHOOSE from instead of as it is now that there are basically 2-3 mandatory glyphs and no one really gets anything else.
    It's a talent spell. People think that you're supposed to use talents without much thought as designed as often as possible. This is why adding a glyph isn't a test, since then you actually attach a big label saying "this isn't the intended use, but hey do as you like".

Then again, the mana concern is a valid point. During Sunwell it was ridiculous. Druids and Priests were using heavy-duty spells while staying at better mana levels than the supposed durability-healers that were Paladins simply due to the high amount of regen from spirit.
    So... simply because Blizzard is allowing so much mana regeneration for healers you really can't practically limit spells by mana cost since that'll only cause one of two situations: low-end content the spell is unusable due to cost or high-end content the spell is a no-brainer since it doesn't cost enough (and there's really no option for a golden balance, either)

No, I DO agree that glyphs could perceivably be better utilized. There are always going to be useless glyphs (some of which deserves deletion, btw), though, that's just how it's going to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadl
    Ok I think this is just a very bad excuse for Blizzard not shipping more raids in their box.
    Out of the Box Raids:

TBC: Karazhan, Gruul's Lair and Magtheridon's Lair
    WotLK: Naxxramas, Vault of Archavon, Eye of Eternity and Obsidian Sanctum

4 > 3

Just to draw a slight comparison the effort placed into BC as opposed to WotLK, in terms of raid content:

Wrath TBC
    Naxx (doesn't really count since it is a resuse) Kara
    Malygos Gruuls
    Sarth Magtheridon
    Vault (doesn't really count tbh =.= ) SSC
    Uldar TK
    XXX (maybe one more before ice crown) Hyjal
    Ice Crown BT
    SWP
    I think this comparison is a tad bit amusing. You're assuming that Blizzard is only planning to add one instance with each patch just because they haven't announced another part?

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    I wanted to adress the default UI in World of warcraft.

I have my raidboxes stacked up, so when a target gets a debuff the box next to it just overlaps it, so I tend to ignore it, but the closer those boxes are stacked up the easier it is to manage healing.
    Personally, I use Grid and find it much, much better than trying to use large, obnoxious boxes.

guys honestly

CASUAL ... reconsider that ... casual means once or twice a week, some weeks they dont play at all ...

most "casual" players on our server are around 75 / 76 now ... if you consider yourself casual when you play 3 days a week on a regular base ... thats just not casual ... it's not hardcore either but in between.

but still ... most CASUAL players (in the way that blizzard sees casuals) have not yet seen naxxramas inners.

Quote Originally Posted by Verthas
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......ooooo.

Blessing of Sanctuary finally became something, that Protties always wanted. In TBC after each fight I had to drink or go and hope my Seal/Judge of wisdom will regen my mana quick enough before I fall asleep.
    In WotLK thanks to increased mana from Seal/Judge AND thanks to Blessing of Sanctuary not only Tankadin vs. 1 Mob doesnt leave Tankadin on 0 mana (at least half/75%) but pulling larger group (IE doing our best, AoE tanking) leaves us with full mana.

I can guess that they are going to do something to our beloved Blessing of Sanctuary , that our primary blessing for Solo/Heroic/Whatever will be Kings' .....AGAIN.
    Totally agreed, BoSanc finally solved tankadin mana problems in a good way. If they're going to make some major changes to this existing mechanic, they're going to have to very careful.

For a long time now I've thought that a good alternative would be to bake some kind of mana/5 or mana on hit mechanic into Holy Shield (similar to the shaman's Water Shield). Or just bake the BoSanc effects into Improved Devo (although that has the serious downside of completely eliminating any possible aura flexibility).

Even better though, why not just make "Improved" Kings baseline and call it a day?

The paladin is the only tanking class that really "needs" BoSanc, and the current setup of having both spec'able paladin buffs in the prot tree seems poorly thought-out. The current setup either requires your Ret paladin to forsake 5 points in holy to increase seal/judgment damage, your holy paladin to forsake some crit from ret, or your prot paladin to feel demoralized by being the only one spec'ed for the two exact blessings he would want the most.

Seals of the Pure talent in holy tree is absolutly meaningless to ret's .... its not increasing SoB or SoC dmg.

Looks like most everyone wants to bicker over raid content.

Meh.

I came here to throw rotten tomatoes at the dude who's endorsing Closet Gnome. I see three other intelligent people have also jumped on this tragedy of a recommendation, and are promoting Outfitter over Closet Gnome. I heartily concur. Lulz, I said "heartily."

One person mentions Item Rack. I've never tried that, and would be curious to know if/how it's better.

To be fair, I should state why Outfitter is better than Closet Gnome:

In my experience, Closet Gnome is incredibly clunky. It required more memory space than outfitter, and had less functionality. Outfitter has a more appealing interface, while offering more "no brainer" functions, such as automatically equipping riding trinkets, back when we used those. Closet Gnome, iirc, also was buggy and a user had to frequently recreate outfits, when the mod would bug out and not change certain gear pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    Looks like most everyone wants to bicker over raid content.

Meh.

I came here to throw rotten tomatoes at the dude who's endorsing Closet Gnome. I see three other intelligent people have also jumped on this tragedy of a recommendation, and are promoting Outfitter over Closet Gnome. I heartily concur. Lulz, I said "heartily."

One person mentions Item Rack. I've never tried that, and would be curious to know if/how it's better.

To be fair, I should state why Outfitter is better than Closet Gnome:

In my experience, Closet Gnome is incredibly clunky. It required more memory space than outfitter, and had less functionality. Outfitter has a more appealing interface, while offering more "no brainer" functions, such as automatically equipping riding trinkets, back when we used those. Closet Gnome, iirc, also was buggy and a user had to frequently recreate outfits, when the mod would bug out and not change certain gear pieces.
    As I stated, the review wasn't mean to be posted - it was outdated, from pre wotlk, when I used to use it religously. It had auto Mount support too, via a plugin.

Pre wotlk, it was pretty damn nice, and the only reason its not used so widely now is due to it not being updated fully.

Anyway, I accept all the tomatoes you want to throw, my fault for not getting a newer addon feature up sooner. Hopefully you'll prefer the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by aikouka
    Out of the Box Raids:

TBC: Karazhan, Gruul's Lair and Magtheridon's Lair
    WotLK: Naxxramas, Vault of Archavon, Eye of Eternity and Obsidian Sanctum

4 > 3

I think this comparison is a tad bit amusing. You're assuming that Blizzard is only planning to add one instance with each patch just because they haven't announced another part?

Personally, I use Grid and find it much, much better than trying to use large, obnoxious boxes.
    Looks like somebody's been either quite blind or plainly ignorant - TBC shipped with both SSC and TK too. And to reiterate, Naxxramas doesn't count and neither should Vault which is just seriously more of a dps test aside from patchwek.

so let me redo your so called brilliant illustration 2<5

P.S if you think that Vault really counts as anything than you sir should be playing peggle instead of WoW

just wanted to add my thoughts.

"Already cleared Naxxramas and don't know what to do on Sunday?" should actually read "Already cleared Naxxramas and don't know what to do with the rest of your Tuesday?"

make it happen.

15+ Year Old Account

It's a shame they never included russian batllegroups in CLBGs. Horde has to wait 40 minutes for a single WSG match.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

patch realise this week or what do you think?

15+ Year Old Account

I think not. Maybe next week. They are just started testing CLBGs, and they have not even implemented promised rogue PvE fixes.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Looks like somebody's been either quite blind or plainly ignorant - TBC shipped with both SSC and TK too. And to reiterate, Naxxramas doesn't count and neither should Vault which is just seriously more of a dps test aside from patchwek.
    Oh and TBC doesn't count either, so then 2 > 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mushin
    Oh and TBC doesn't count either, so then 2 > 0
    Yes Mr Troll - we see your point of trolling pointlessly.