Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: T7 4 piece set bonus. Fail?

rogue set bonuses for t7/7.5 are just as retarded 2 peice gives a 10% bonus to rupture damage. ......what if your evis and not rupture absolutely useless. and then 4 peice bonus is even worse. 5% less energy used on all combo moves. SS for example uses 40 energy. so you save 2 energy ? is that really hot and awesome? t6 offered far superior bonuses than either of these 2

Quote Originally Posted by GaSeR
    So pity some ppl don't know their class at all, poor pally.
    Respec Holy, help your guild.
    blasphemy...
    assume you play warrior?:P

druid/dk - high avoidance tanks
    warrior - 1 big collection of oh-shit abilitys
    paladins - close to same avoidance as warriors, and steady high mitigation all the time

greenmasheen

stop crying about set bonus'... at least you dont have the horrible priest healing set bonus'

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    stop crying about set bonus'... at least you dont have the horrible priest healing set bonus'
    u are kidding right? if u dont use gh ... its ur prob... there are plenty who use this spell..and one more charge on PoM = win...

look @ shadowpriest... and then say again that holy priest got bad set bonus...

The extra "threat" from the two piece bonus isn't anything special at all. This "threat" is nothing more then added dps at this point.

The four piece bonus is alright, certainly nothing to strive for, but it can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by bolerephon
    rogue set bonuses for t7/7.5 are just as retarded 2 peice gives a 10% bonus to rupture damage. ......what if your evis and not rupture absolutely useless. and then 4 peice bonus is even worse. 5% less energy used on all combo moves. SS for example uses 40 energy. so you save 2 energy ? is that really hot and awesome? t6 offered far superior bonuses than either of these 2
    Rupture isn't a talent, but an abillity so it's not like you either have or have not rupture. And as far as a raiding goes last time I checked, rupture is still something you should keep up on a mob if you want to maximize dps.
    While 4 piece bonus seems like not all that you have to remember you don't use SS just once during a fight. During a long boss fight the two energy you save on each SS will add-upp, it's even better for muti-spec.

As for T6 being better, well T6 in relation to BC end-game was obviously much better than T7 is in relation to wolk end-game and I really think it's unfair to compare them like that.
    “You’re” is always a contraction of “you are.” If you’ve written “you’re,” try substituting “you are.” If it doesn’t work, the word you want is “your.” Your writing will improve if you’re careful about this.

If someone thanks you, write back “you’re welcome” for “you are welcome.”

Quote Originally Posted by blubb
    please read what you quote.

@spitfire...: then open a group with someone in your guild and test it with trashmobs or any mob everywhere on your server. if you play a class you shoud know its abilities, and without testing things that won't work.
    I read what I quoted and if it would drop aggro when used it would say so in the tooltip what it does not say.
    Even if the ability used to cause you to drop aggro while it was active there is no point to assume it still does.

bubble hs with lagg what more is there to say ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    look @ shadowpriest... and then say again that holy priest got bad set bonus...
    Exactly, extra crit on a spell you typically should be using only once a fight.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Being a retridin and all, never specced or tried prot, so don't know anything about it.

All I wanted to post for was:

Quote Originally Posted by Shockthis
    Increases the duration of your Divine Shield and Divine Protection by 3 seconds.
    More time for hearthstoning!

Why would anyone need any special note saying DP doesn't make mobs stop attacking you? It reduces damage taken by 50%, doesn't make you immune in any way or anything, by that logic Avenging Wrath, Hand of Freedom, and Blessing of Might all should have a note saying "doesn't make you lose aggro" in the tooltips, too. Think, people. :P

It also used to make you immune to physical damage back then, didn't it?

Patch notes people, read them.

We've had a shield wall for how many months now and protadins aren't using it?

I actually Lol'd when I read this.

It's a shame that these days that you do get a lot of people who don't know their class at all..

I'm not so sure DP did make you lose aggro when it was 100%.. I'm thinking that like a lot of people who didn't read the descriptions properly, or work it out for themselves, they assumed that divine shield was an upgrade for DP and you were never to use DP again once you had DS.

I think the best idea for the OP is to properly research your class or reroll something easier.

I think we have another person who never realized Divine Protection was changed with WotLK. It no longer grants immunity to all damage like Divine Shield (nor drops threat), it is now basically a warrior's Shield Wall. That is all.

/end discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Drak27
    I never seen the 4 piece for Ret and Holy so not sure if it is the same, so disregard if it is different.
    4 peice holy pally t7/7.5 is well useless, 4 peice t7/7.5 ret pally how ever is godly, less CD on judge means more mana! which = more dmg

Wow, a prot paladin who doesnt use their divine protection. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Wow, a prot paladin who doesnt use their divine protection. Fail.
    /sign

LoL My alt is 70 and even I know divine was changed lol. Another failed thread

None of the pally bubbles has ever "dropped your aggro", they simply made you immune to damage, making certain mobs attack someone else instead since they couldn't hurt you. For Divine Shield this went for all mobs, since it was the only bubble that made you immune to *all* damage. DP used to grant immunity to physical damage only, therefore a spellcaster could still damage you, IIRC. It's been ages and ages since I actually used DP before the wotlk change, so my knowledge might be slightly off.

And yes, now it's another warrior-like ability.