Chaotic Skyfire Diamond - Retarded?

While it is by far the best meta gem for a FFB mage I must ask... what's with the retarded 2 blue gems requirement? I'm a scribe + herbalist and I'm thinking of dropping herbalism and picking up JC just because of that. The best gems I could pick out from the mass were sp/mp5 and sp/stam.

Did I miss something or is the new design philosophy regarding meta gems "Gimp 2 of your normal gems to get the meta"?
    You may now kiss the ring.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Chaotic Skyfire Diamond - Retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Choda
    While it is by far the best meta gem for a FFB mage I must ask... what's with the retarded 2 blue gems requirement? I'm a scribe + herbalist and I'm thinking of dropping herbalism and picking up JC just because of that. The best gems I could pick out from the mass were sp/mp5 and sp/stam.

Did I miss something or is the new design philosophy regarding meta gems "Gimp 2 of your normal gems to get the meta"?
    Uuuh that meta has always had that requirement, even in TBC. Learn to live with the fact that you will have to make a small sacrifice to get a really awsome bonus.

At least it doesn't require 2 Red/Blue/Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    Uuuh that meta has always had that requirement, even in TBC. Learn to live with the fact that you will have to make a small sacrifice to get a really awsome bonus.
    It did? Wasn't it 2 red? Ok, now I feel like an idiot >_<

Deleted

Always been 2 blue.

If you're FFB theres a nice green gem that suits the spec. Jagged Dark Jade is the lowbe version of the gem get two of them in a yellow or blue slot and go go!

It used to be (for chaotic skyfire diamond) exactly 2 blues and got changed for at least 2 blues.
    Manly <Elitist Jerks>

didnt it have a 'more blue than red' gem requirement at some point? I remember the requirements really sucking, but that may have been a different gem.

-Moon

I think that was more red than blue and was the 26sp and less threat meta

There's been talk of making spirit more viable to mages in a later patch.

Currently you could just go with the Glowing Twilight Opal (Damage & Stamina). If you socket right, it's not that much if gimping yourself.

But then again, if you're THAT serious, you shouldn't have a gathering profession on your main.

Look at it this way, each gem you swap out from 19sp to 9sp/whatever is a 10 sp loss. The meta is well more than a 20sp gain. You are ahead regardless. If you happen to have an item with a blue socket it might be less painful from socket bonuses. Either way, stick with the meta.

Changing professions, I wouldnt immediately look at the JC gems, I'm pretty sure they are prismatic and you would still need real blue gems anyhow. That doesnt mean that JC wont give you a benefit, but dont look at the meta requirements as having anything to do with that fact. View them as separate entities. If changing from herbo to JC is an acceptable loss for the ~24 spellpower you will gain from JC gems, then make the change. if not, dont.

-Moon

just to confirm to you - I'm jwc and the prismatic gems fit all colors and count towards any req. for meta gems.

basicaly if your meta need 2 blue and you have 2 prismatic (and nothing else) the prismatic will count as blue.

hope it helps
    World of What?
    Never heard of...

Quote Originally Posted by Wizitor
    just to confirm to you - I'm jwc and the prismatic gems fit all colors and count towards any req. for meta gems.

basicaly if your meta need 2 blue and you have 2 prismatic (and nothing else) the prismatic will count as blue.

hope it helps
    Interesting to know. I would have expected otherwise, thats a handy bonus.
    In that case, look at changing to JC as being worth 42 spellpower assuming your meta (which by the way the meta alone is worth more than 42 spellpower, generally speaking).

-Moon

Basically instead of 9 + 9 + 19 I could have 32 + 32 + 32 which is a 59 spell power increase. Not even the insription enchant gives that much benefit when compared to the regular epic shoulder enchant.

15+ Year Old Account

to activate it you can use 2 Hit+stam gems or if your hit capped use dmg stam gems. If you have dmg hit gems you can replace 2 with teh stam hit and get 2 + dmg!

i agree
    remember what you heard when you wernt even listening