gomi

Moonkin PvP go NS

After the change of Celestial Foucs I been looking for diffrent spec, Starfall alone will open up 4 point to spend. What I also saw was that resto NS was in reach but need the extra 3 points. So I removed another 3 points from balance tree to get NS.

So losing a 3min CD in balance tree I replace it with 3min CD from resto tree NS. In the spec I link I chose to take the 3 point from Imp moonkin form, I like Brambles to much to take it from there ;D.

So here is the spec I am playing with at a moment

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=081600000000

Re: Moonkin go NS

Please tell me this is for a pvp-ish Build?

gomi

Re: Moonkin go NS

Thought that was obvious when you look at the spec but to make it crystle clear yes this is only for moonkin pvp. I change the topic to "moonkin pvp go ns"

Re: Moonkin PvP go NS

Sounds good since it will be bye bye Starfall in PvP without stun and destealth.
    How well do Treants work in PvP? As far as i remember they die in 1-2 AoEs wich are mostly even just used to dps the primary target (WW, fire mages thingies, etc.).

Is there any reason why you have taken Moonglow and Dreamstate?

Arena isnt exactly about mana drain and out lasting anymore, its about big burst damage... and you have passed out many damage talents to pick up an extra 2 mana efficiency talents when you already have Intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu

Arena isnt exactly about mana drain and out lasting anymore, its about big burst damage... and you have passed out many damage talents to pick up an extra 2 mana efficiency talents when you already have Intensity.
    totally agree
    mostly the biggest flaw in your choices

gomi

General you can say there is two major spec with NS one that go for mana efficient and second one go for more damage. In lower rating more damage suit better and when you reach higher rating dreamstate build suite better there. Skill people or teams you will be force to use much more mana - you will shapehift more heal more both your self and our team mates or mate cc and on top of all this out put damage. Better teams you need to outplay them and that cost lot more mana. Not so good teams you can more zergs them down dont realy need to outplay them.

In my build you still have the core damage talent - Imp MoonFire, Vengeance, Moonfury, Earth and Moon and Wrath of Cenarious. The only thing I dont have is the Imp Moonkin Form. You could swift Brambles to Imp Moonkin Form but I choose Brambles mostly for the rogues. For the rest of the talent is only a tweaking your damage.

Build also depend on what kind of setups you playing and witch bracket 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5.

My Topic was ment to point out that there is no reason now to pick up Starfall and when you dont pick Starfall there is no reason either to spend point on Celestial Foucs. This will open up 4 points and remove another 3 points and you have NS. So NS will replace Starfall.

Spec NS and get the core healvy damage talents for the rest it is up to you.

gomi

I have 3 specs that i usualy use. This is NOT one of them! Because 3.0.8 is out and i do NOT know if Celestial Focus will stay the same as in 3.0.3, i decided to take 10-15 minutes of my time and craft a new PvP Balance/Resto Specc for me. I am currently 54/0/17 and im considering 48/0/23.

This is the specc im thinking of: ( MMO-Champion.com Talent Calculator did not work for some reason, if there's any copyright infringement you can remove the link to my screenshot and ill try to censor the WoW-Head.com adress! )

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8...wiftnesth7.png

I belive there is an error in this specc, I dunno, it sounds a bit too perfect.. I sense a flaw in it, and i simply can't see it.

Anyway, for additional details that might help you give me an answer, im playing with an Arcane Mage ( Yeah i know weird combo but hell we have 18 Consecutive Wins since i went abit into Resto Tree )

Our Main Problems are against Melee DPS, especialy Rogues and Paladins. In my current specc I do NOT have Gale Winds, i have Balance of Power and Starfall, and I dont have Subtetly, Omen of Clarity, Nature's Swiftness either. But I do have Naturalist ( For 1v1 Fast Heals as i am a Haste Stacker, as u can see i have Celestial Focus, Improved Moonkin Form for Haste! )

P.S.: Don't do me New Speccs, I just want your theory about this specc i wanna try. I am not a SPECC COPYCAT so please dont DO ME ANY NEW SPECCS. All i want is your opinion.

P.P.S.: Please don't NOOB me, however you can give me harsh answers, i need those too
    Big flaw in this build. Why would you stack haste on cost of WoC and nature reach. Why stack haste for faster heals? You know that you play druid and in pvp you will mostly use hots and it is not worth 6 point to max out the haste so you can cast faster regrowth completly brainless.

Imp MotW? Totaly useless for balance pvp you just throw 2 point in the sea. Also you spec Gale Wind but leave out WoC I would like to hear you reason for this.

If you look at my build you can see that this build suit more for 2v2 but not good for 5v5 where you go more for damage builds. For 3v3 depend what setup.

I'm a big fan of moonkins not PVP'ing at all... You get stunned and burned down in 3 seconds every time.

I think I'd be putting 3 points in Nature's Focus instead of Furor - 6% Int really isn't that important in arenas, but ~50% pushback reduction on Wrath, Roots, Cyclone, Regrowth and Nourish would be extremely useful. And I agree with the other comments - there shouldn't be any need to take Dreamstate over DPS talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!