Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling a pally, how does it work?

Hello there,

I'm wondering... I heard from some hardcore players I know they did their 1-80 in 5 days played... Is this possible?

When I tried asking "how?" he just explained me some routes he did and everytime emphasizing he was a pally and they are fast and everything else.

Basicly, what should I aim for leveling? SoC and PoJ first?

Thanks and sorry for the english

Re: Leveling a pally, how does it work?

Go Ret, stack Str, Crit and Sta, and level away!
    SoC/JoL until you get upgrades. Gear choices and Talents should be straight forward. Respecc when needed.
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    Go Ret, stack Str, Crit and Sta, and level away!
    SoC/JoL until you get upgrades. Gear choices and Talents should be straight forward. Respecc when needed.
    pretty much what he said jsut take talents from ret and go on first few lvls are a bit harder but its much easier theese days thanks to the seal and jugment changes

But tell me something, 5days is doable?

Or this is bulls***? I did in 9 days in my rogue and I thought I was fast!

Quote Originally Posted by dambros
    But tell me something, 5days is doable?

Or this is bulls***? I did in 9 days in my rogue and I thought I was fast!
    Depends on many things, with friends bullshit it's easily doable.
    My Paladin reached 80 with 6 1/2 days /played and I could've easily saved a day by not going AFK and not PvPing, that's without friendship bonus and purely solo/in random instance groups for fun.

Edit: It's not easy though, I've got quite some experience (had 10 70s pre-3.0 and quite some beta experience for Northrend).

5days (without any type of xp-boost) sounds impossible unless you know exactly how to play your class and know what areas and quests to do, to optimize xp/hour.

One thing I would recommend tho is doing dranei or blood elf start area, since they are way faster than the old areas. Especilly mulgore and barrens, is very bad xp/hour.

Seal of Righteousness > Judgement > Auto-attack > Alt-tab out and surf the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Perastra
    Seal of Righteousness > Judgement > Auto-attack > Alt-tab out and surf the internet.
    ROFL!!! omg.. that reminds me of the days my paladin was not a dps class..

ooh those times in WPL... walk to a mob , attack with some judgements and indeed go alt+tab... after 20 seconds go back to wow and finish the mob lolzorz.. there was actually a guide how and when to alt tab and switch back....
    thread: Smoke Grenade? I mean srsly?
    I'd also like a flashbang and then it would be just like Counter Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    My Paladin reached 80 with 6 1/2 days /played and I could've easily saved a day by not going AFK and not PvPing, that's without friendship bonus and purely solo/in random instance groups for fun.

Edit: It's not easy though, I've got quite some experience (had 10 70s pre-3.0 and quite some beta experience for Northrend).
    Ohh man, teach me how to do that... 6 days played is ubber... I know many routes from my 80's (priest and rogue) and wow it's hell fast!

Quote Originally Posted by k0102
    ROFL!!! omg.. that reminds me of the days my paladin was not a dps class..

ooh those times in WPL... walk to a mob , attack with some judgements and indeed go alt+tab... after 20 seconds go back to wow and finish the mob lolzorz.. there was actually a guide how and when to alt tab and switch back....
    On my first Paladin I repeatedly fell asleep when trying to grind the nagas in Feralas, good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    Friends Bonus FTW! Currently lvl 34 with ~15 hrs played. Deduct 2-3 hours of farming leather und herbs from that. Leveling is finally fun again!
    This space is available for rent!

Here's a pic of my paladin's FuXP, currently lvl 73.

The key is to know what quests to do when you hit outland, and in what order. Questhelper is nice, but it's not always optimized for speed leveling. Don't be afraid to skip quests either, since with the lowered xp/lvl you'll only do 70-75% of outlands before hitting 70. Bunch up your elite quests to do with a high lvl partner, and always stay on the leveling path... going to town for ah, bank, unnecessary training are time killers--leave those for a bank alt if you can.

RAF 1-58 took maybe 20hrs total and I also have the +10% xp/mob shoulders. At my current rate I'll hit 80 at around 3.5 days played.

Spec for faster judges, SoC, and stack hit (to ~6-7% for slightly higher lvl mobs) and crit. Keep your weapon as upgraded as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextra
    Here's a pic of my paladin's FuXP, currently lvl 73.

The key is to know what quests to do when you hit outland, and in what order. Questhelper is nice, but it's not always optimized for speed leveling. Don't be afraid to skip quests either, since with the lowered xp/lvl you'll only do 70-75% of outlands before hitting 70. Bunch up your elite quests to do with a high lvl partner, and always stay on the leveling path... going to town for ah, bank, unnecessary training are time killers--leave those for a bank alt if you can.

RAF 1-58 took maybe 20hrs total and I also have the +10% xp/mob shoulders. At my current rate I'll hit 80 at around 3.5 days played.

Spec for faster judges, SoC, and stack hit (to ~6-7% for slightly higher lvl mobs) and crit. Keep your weapon as upgraded as possible.

OMFG... 1.2kk xp/hour... I really would like to learn this. Jesus, I did around 350k-400k/hour from 70-80 and I barely can imagine it.

Please tell me some secrets. Are there any guide, route or something? I really want to level another toon, but it would take me around 9-10 days played :/

Have you leveled using RAF? Is that why you are so fast?

OMFG... 1.2kk xp/hour... I really would like to learn this. Jesus, I did around 350k-400k/hour from 70-80 and I barely can imagine it.

Please tell me some secrets. Are there any guide, route or something? I really want to level another toon, but it would take me around 9-10 days played :/

Have you leveled using RAF? Is that why you are so fast?
    Sorry, the picture is a bit misleading. At 98% through 72 I returned to town to turn in, and the 1.2M xp/hr is an inflated rate due to me logging out after turning in quests. I average ~400k/hr so you're not far off the mark really. What it comes down to is knowing quests (I have 2 80s already, so I know most of them), and since you hit 80 a lot of them should be familiar.

I typically run to a quest hub, grab everything, look at QH, then kinda relate those quests' positioning to quests from other hubs. A good example is Howling Fjord, where from the starting area if you go clockwise through the zone, you hit almost every single quest without breaking a sweat.

With RAF the 3x xp bonus is applied until one toon hits 60. You can make a trial account for free, link it to your main account, then just /follow the main account toon with the trial. Better yet, if you have a friend one of you can do this while the other runs the lowbies through zones for ridiculous xp. This is essentially what I did from 1-58. If you look at my achievements, I've done 10 eastern kingdom quests and 0 kalimdor quests. Hence the power of RAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hextra
    Sorry, the picture is a bit misleading. At 98% through 72 I returned to town to turn in, and the 1.2M xp/hr is an inflated rate due to me logging out after turning in quests. I average ~400k/hr so you're not far off the mark really. What it comes down to is knowing quests (I have 2 80s already, so I know most of them), and since you hit 80 a lot of them should be familiar.

I typically run to a quest hub, grab everything, look at QH, then kinda relate those quests' positioning to quests from other hubs. A good example is Howling Fjord, where from the starting area if you go clockwise through the zone, you hit almost every single quest without breaking a sweat.

With RAF the 3x xp bonus is applied until one toon hits 60. You can make a trial account for free, link it to your main account, then just /follow the main account toon with the trial. Better yet, if you have a friend one of you can do this while the other runs the lowbies through zones for ridiculous xp. This is essentially what I did from 1-58. If you look at my achievements, I've done 10 eastern kingdom quests and 0 kalimdor quests. Hence the power of RAF
    Hmm RAF seems ubber... I get a little confused with it, I can't just /follow the main acc since there are quests that we need to collect something right? How can I work about this?

I don't understand this part "Better yet, if you have a friend one of you can do this while the other runs the lowbies through zones for ridiculous xp".

One of us do the /follow thing and level through quests and the other do what?

Sorry for so many questions, I just got really interested.

Hmm RAF seems ubber... I get a little confused with it, I can't just /follow the main acc since there are quests that we need to collect something right? How can I work about this?

I don't understand this part "Better yet, if you have a friend one of you can do this while the other runs the lowbies through zones for ridiculous xp".

One of us do the /follow thing and level through quests and the other do what?

Sorry for so many questions, I just got really interested.
    Yes, technically you'd have to lvl both of the toons, i.e. gather quests and items, so alt-tabbing is abundant, but it's still faster than going solo. To explain my line in quotations:

You have 2 people-you and friend. One of you is in charge of the lowbies--the RAF accounts. The trial is usually following the main, and that person runs around on the main account. Person #2 is controlling a high lvl, perhaps a mage, paladin (or in our case, my DK). All 3 are grouped and enter a zone--let's say SM Cath @ lvl 25. DK grabs everything, lowbies stay within range of getting xp, dk dominates the entire zone, lowbies profit. @lvl 30 we were getting a full level per run with this method.

Yeah, it stays about 1 level per run no matter which zone you have run.

I just leveled a rogue and druid to 60 (just wanted rogue but I did RAF anyways)

10-17 RFC
    17-25 SFK
    25-35 SM
    35-40 ZF
    40-45 BFD
    45-60 Scholo

80 Ret paladins absolutely destroy every one of those instances with scholo probably being the easiest.

For the lower level instances I paid about 30g per run, once we got to BFD I paid 100g per hour until Strat which I paid 50g + drops per run. Between buddies running me and paying for runs I hit 60 in under 20 hours.

The only thing people worry about is leveling weapon skills when you do somthing like that. I purchased a full set of "of intellect" gear that I could wear, I maxxed all weapon skills except ranged on my rogue in 1 RFC run.

Wow that's wonderfull... now I really need to find someone to aoe those things for me... we can share runs anyway.

Is there any level cap for the trial acc?

There is probably a 60 level cap for trials, and they do have some (rather annoying) restrictions:

-Cannot trade with other players
    -Cannot use AH
    -Cannot use mailbox
    -Are restricted to vanilla WoW options (no Draenei or BEs)
    -Cannot go to outlands unless upgraded

These things aside, it's still a super fast way to get a main account character to 60, provided you have the system and patience to run 2 WoWs at the same time. While RAF'ing my paladin, I wasn't always able to lvl at the same time as my buddy due to work, so he did it all (3 WoWs, alt-tabs, etc) when I wasn't around.

Like fwc577 said, weapon skill is probably the limiting factor when you get to 60. But tbh, 1 run through any zone @ 60 will give you whatever skill you need. Just buy one of each weapon and use an hour to lvl them all. It'll save you some grief later on, like getting the Axe of Frozen Death and realizing your skill is at 1 ><

That's great.

The hard part is finding someone who will waste 20hrs running you...

I can finally have my tank! Gonna try to pay someone for this... what it would cost? 1k?