Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

achievements yes or no?

from what ive seen so far in game aswell as on fora, is that most people tend to think this achievement system awesome (as if they forget that blizzard just didnt have enough content and this is just there to fill in the time)

people talk in guildchat or whispers to me all the time: !! look i got this achievement or hey look what i did..

is there anyone else out there who like me really doesnt care about the achievments?? yes yes i know blizzard will give some wellfare epics in the future for points but so what? i mean you raid you get loot thats te point off the game, to never have the best possible gear yet to try to gain it nontheless.

stories and such is a nice timefiller but no more than that, eventually it comes down to what gear you have, gear is and will always be the movement factor in world off warcraft (whether you agree or not is not important) this is for the majority off people that play WoW true.

thus.. achievements are useless, the only thing you can do is show off, and tbh no one in his right mind will ask if you have done a certain achievement when pugging a heroic for example, they will just ask what your gear stats are like and eithre take you or not.. whether or not you killed some dragon with 2 or 3 baby dragons attached to it doesnt matter..

/discuss away

Re: achievements yes or no?

I disagree that achievements are pointless as they encourage you to do things you would not normally bother with, making it more fun. Seeing how you only care about gear, playing the game differently because of an achievement (with little to no rewards) is not attractive.

My main reason for posting is that you claim no-one will want to see what achievements you have when you join a group. I don't know about your server but every PuG raid I have seen advertising asks for your stats and to link the achievement related to the instance. There's no way for you to lie about whether or not you have experience. The superior achievement can also be used as a standard gear check.

wow is a game and we should enjoy it, with achievements is more fun. If u think otherwise then you leave in wow, poor chield.

Achievements in heroics, 10man and 25man raids are supposed to be the real "endgame" content.
    Just killing a certain boss does not cut it anymore since the difficulty has been reduced to make way for achievements.

This was a intended change so that more people get to experience the instance and bosses.

Achievements are crap. Whenever a group says hey lets do this and that achievement, I usually just ignore it or ruin it if i can. Cba getting 10 points for doing something as stupid as killing XX in xx seconds. Make proper content, instead of creating these cheapass achievements, I would be okay with it if there was content ingame, but when they replace content with achievements then I'm getting anoyed.

it was not casuals fault it was those that don't have brain in they head or just are too stupid to play kids game ><

and its blizzard new way to how to be more lazy when making pve instances

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    Achievements are crap. Whenever a group says hey lets do this and that achievement, I usually just ignore it or ruin it if i can. Cba getting 10 points for doing something as stupid as killing XX in xx seconds. Make proper content, instead of creating these cheapass achievements, I would be okay with it if there was content ingame, but when they replace content with achievements then I'm getting anoyed.
    So, you cleared all content available in both 10- and 25-man version?
    Thought so...

As for this topic: This topic was there first. Shoo!

the achivement system is not new in video games.

ppl share different oppnions, nothing new .

Achievements are great! Everything in this game is a waste of time at the end of the day. But its a fun way to waste time.

If you dont like them, dont do them. Simple as that.

And with the time investment needed for many of them, any hypothetical gear obtained by them could hardly be considered "welfare". That basically means "something for nothing" in WOW context and some of those achievments take alot of time and effort. You cant afk your way through achievements.

Achievement system is the best thing they implemented with wotlk. Finally something new next to just grinding pve and pvp. I like the fishing ones, need only 1 more gold coin to get all the coin achievement. I can see Blizzard put allot of work in implementing it good, nice new *shwing* sound when you get an achievement, cool interface and great assortment of achievements.

You must be an idiot not to enjoy this!

think about za 4 in time...
    think about how hard it was at the beginning...
    think about how easy it became in the end..

achievments are the same
    here should be my signature... FAIL!

RWeber

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    This was a intended change so that more people get to experience the instance and bosses.
    Or maybe, just maybe, it was intended to keep people busy without having to create real new content? Instead of having a raid progress made up of seeing new bosses, new raid zones and new lore, you now get to see the same boss except this time there's a silly gimmick. If achievements are so great why bother creating Ulduar at all, just come up with new "achievements" for Naxx.

I usually just ignore it or ruin it if i can.
    What a sad, angry, little man you are.

Someone allready backed up my words while I was typing and going out for lunch! You really must be an idiot, like poster i quoted, to not like the achievement system!

I bet you feel good in all your epixxx, can you post your armory link so we can all see your gear and check if you really completed every bit of pve content?

Or maybe its just both keeping people busy and allowing people to experience more content.
    Win win situation from a Blizzard side of viewing point.

Quote Originally Posted by RWeber
    Or maybe, just maybe, it was intended to keep people busy without having to create real new content? Instead of having a raid progress made up of seeing new bosses, new raid zones and new lore, you now get to see the same boss except this time there's a silly gimmick. If achievements are so great why bother creating Ulduar at all, just come up with new "achievements" for Naxx.
    u can kill a boss in an easy way -> casual
    u can kill a boss in the achievment way -> core

ulduar will come up because with it the weak casuals will be punished
    here should be my signature... FAIL!

casuals can done all the things like core players they just spent less time per week

its ppl that are braindead or are failing ones with the game that are lower than 8 year old kid IQ lvl is the ppl that ruin this game

As I said before Ulduar will NOT be much harder then the current content things will be easy, achievements will be hard and fun to do. Just get used to it thats how the game is now killing a boss just does not cut it anymore.

RWeber

Quote Originally Posted by Nirron
    Or maybe its just both keeping people busy and allowing people to experience more content.
    Win win situation from a Blizzard side of viewing point.
    Yeah, except for the fact that they're releasing a lot less content than before. They're NOT allowing people to experience more content, there is far, far less raid content in the game than ever before. They're just attempting to patch over this by creating the achievement system.