Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: The Role DKs Were "Supposed" to Fill

Quote Originally Posted by sixlocal
    I have a DK and here's why:

1. DK tanking is awkward.
    2. I can instead be top dps of the group.

Well I play a DK as Tank and DPS and no it isn't awkward. I have not problem tanking an i enjoy it when i don't have some Dbag who does nothing but DPS and thinks he knows what i should be doing. As to why you don't see them tanking it is because they either suck at it or because they have grown tired of the Dbags, same reason you don't see any healers. Everyone always wants to blame the tank or healer, it is never their fault for over DPSing or having a crappy spec. When duel spec comes out though you will see a surge of tanks and healers and they will totally blow. Then the forums will explode with QQ posts and for those DKs that are saying how they are top dps that is probably because your abusing DW and howling blast so enjoy it cause that will end soon.

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    you should buy WOTLK mate. tanks of all type can farm easily these days.

but as to the thread.
    1. dps is easy role
    2. tanking and healing both come under heavy focus and scrutiny lot of people simply cant handle the pressure
    3. Dual spec will make at best a fractional change, instead of blaming spec people will just blame gear , practice or whatever.
    4. DPS rewards with big flashy numbers , the simplistic playstyle apeals to the younger players and wow is well choc full of kids
    I have WOTLK, "mate". And no, my pala-tank doesn't farm as easily as my retadin. Sorry, but that's just how it is, for me. Don't care if you are the pro who can do it better. It doesn't work for ME, period.

If I had a DK or even a warrior, maybe, but not with a pala-tank. It's a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by NathSB
    Oh yes, 'cause we all need to cater to your needs at any given moment.
    What the shit do you mean my needs? I'm talking about the needs of the server, the game as a whole. One person gets hit, one person heals him and 3 people kill shit. The proportions there already suggest that finding just one person out of 5 to tank should be fairly easy, but its not, because every dumb fuck wants to DPS because thats what gives you the biggest e-cock of course.

Right now I have a number of "jack of all trades" classes. My pally, my DK, a few others. My pally is ret, my DK is Unholy but at the moment lanking in tank gear, something I plan to work on. When dual spec hits, I plan on going Holy as main spec on my pally and ret as his second spec. Right now my guild is more in need of decent heals then tanks and I have a pretty good healing set.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs
    So today, as I once again look for a tank for a heroic pug on my mage alt, I can't help but notice the number of Blood DKs, Fury Warriors, "dps feral" Druids and Ret Paladins.

If you play one of these specs and refuse to spec for tanking, please enlighten me on your reasons. I play a prot pally main and love tanking. After playing a T6 hunter and T6 resto sham in BC, I had to try something new, and I must say, tanking is fun.

Why don't you tank?
    Why don't you dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs

What I see happening is paladins speccing PvE Ret and PvP Ret with the dual spec system, same with most classes.

So as a followup, will you have a tanking spec when dual specs are introduced?

edit:spelling
    Well, it depends on what I feel like doing. Obviously I can't Tri-spec, so I will need to pick 2.

Depending on the costs of respecing within the dual spec system, and what mood I'm in, I would respec to tank.

If I wanna farm badges I would dual spec Healing and Tanking.

If I wanna help my guild I'd dual spec Healing and DPS.

The thing is, currently, there is a finite amount of tanks a guild can have to be effective so you have limited peoepl specing to tank.

Guild tanks genrally don't PUG, they run with guildies, so you're left with Alts and general pop.

I like tanking, I just PVP too much and am DPS in my guild, and if they did need a respec from me, it would be to Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaces
    Different Easy playstyles appeal to different 80% of people.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafinator
    Dual Spec will fix this, PERIOD.
    If it doesn't I don't know what does, but don't expect every member of those classes to use it that way.

It's not only a matter of respecc costs, its also a matter of requirement dispairity between 5mans and 25mans. Why spec tank if your guild only needs 2 or 3 for raids?

You know, for the record, Blizz has stated that they intended Ret Arms and Fury to be able to tank 5 mans...

I believe with the appropriate gear that I could tank 5 mans as Ret.

Personally my DK is blood and I dont tank because I already have a tanking class. I have a druid tank that I left behind when LK came out and I chose my DK. I enjoy dps more and i never take tanking gear unless i specifically see the tank say he doesnt need it. Sure DK's can technically tank in any spec, but as I was leveling, insted of taking tanking gear, I chose the dps gear from quests and sold the rest to buy my epic flyer.

I can not speak for the other DK's out there but i do have an "offset" that i have been puting together. When i tank in 25man Naxx, 25 Man sarth i am tanking because one of our MT's didnt bother coming. I dont mind tanking its a change from always wanting the mob to ignore you and now your job is to piss it off to the point where it wants to give you a rectal exam. I like the change of pace but the healers hate when i tank. the reasons are i have never done it before but i know what/where mobs need to go/be the only thing is i like to pull, and pull, oh look more things, pull. once i start pulling i usually wont stop till one of the casters yell at me on Vent that they have this wierd stuff called mana.... WTF is mana?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Irstr
    Fixed.
    Cause tanking is hard.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Tanking is harder than DPSing. And if you make a mistake as DPS you are less likely to wipe the group. This is the reason so many tards would rather DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by arkil
    because your abusing DW and howling blast so enjoy it cause that will end soon.
    A) "you're"
    B) Hunters abuse volley, rogues abuse HAT, DKs abuse killing machine (not howling blast). That won't always be the case, but it is this way until at least next patch.

For now, we all get to have our fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafinator
    You know, for the record, Blizz has stated that they intended Ret Arms and Fury to be able to tank 5 mans...

I believe with the appropriate gear that I could tank 5 mans as Ret.
    This *is* possible, up until level 80/heroic instances. I did it when I was leveling on wrath. However, I tried to tank norm halls of lightning and got rocked without the mitigation needed via talents. So like I said, well leveling, it can work.

There are currently 4 other tanks in my guild, and less melee dps, so I do that instead.

Draekon

Quote Originally Posted by Shadodweller
    the reasons are i have never done it before but i know what/where mobs need to go/be the only thing is i like to pull, and pull, oh look more things, pull. once i start pulling i usually wont stop till one of the casters yell at me on Vent that they have this wierd stuff called mana.... WTF is mana?
    a tank after my own heart

Quote Originally Posted by Windywoo
    Tanking is harder than DPSing. And if you make a mistake as DPS you are less likely to wipe the group. This is the reason so many tards would rather DPS.
    Windywoo's tears of qq are delicious. Tanking well is no harder then dpsing well which is no harder then healing well. Until you start paying everyones monthly fee's you need to suck it up and deal with the fact that people will play whatever spec they enjoy on their toons.

Now grow up please.

My warrior is perma prot and im leveling a dk so i can off tank guild raids. If you don't like that lfg doesn't have any tanks go roll a tank or maybe try making friends so you don't have to rely on lfg for heroics. The bottom line is people have the right to play how they want. Stop being little hitlers. And to expect team work out of a pug is just naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Cause tanking is hard.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Harder than spamming a rotation.