Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    2 prot pallys MT/OT
    2 BM Hunters
    1 resto shammie
    2 resto druid
    1 rogue
    1 mage
    1 TG warrior

    just wondering if you were in the above situation - how would you handle this encounter ?

  2. #2

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    main problem i see is the pallies switching targets when marks get too high. unless ur groups dps is very high and can kill one of the two melee tanked horsemen before 3 stacks.. prob have a hunter and mage on the 2 ranged horsemen. shammy healing the meteor boss group. and one druid on the 2 ranged tanks. i forgot the horsemen's names @~@
    meow

  3. #3

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    maybe a warrior MT and a holy paladin instead of 2 resto druids and a ret paladin instead of a warrior since paladins are better against undead and can mana battery.

  4. #4

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Depends on the DPS of the 2 BM hunters and the mage. Whoever is lowest should be one ranged tank, and second ranged tank would be one of the druids(who obviously heals himself and the other ranged tank).

    Pala OT with the other resto druid on Rivendare, rest nuke down Thane (pref before swapping).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Don't be so green

  5. #5

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    Depends on the DPS of the 2 BM hunters and the mage. Whoever is lowest should be one ranged tank, and second ranged tank would be one of the druids(who obviously heals himself and the other ranged tank).

    Pala OT with the other resto druid on Rivendare, rest nuke down Thane (pref before swapping).
    yeah we did it kinda similar - but we had to swap in a crude manner
    1st attempt the pallies tried to tuant - but yeah you can imagine, one of them taunted both... gg

    side note : are they giving pally a single target taunt anytime soon in accordance with the "bring the player not the class" ?

    the 2 pallies bring the horsies to the middle (fury warrior following along)
    1 pally taunt off, 2nd pally runs back to corner, fury warrior taunt off 1st pally o.0 ...
    1st pally run out of aoe taunt range of 2nd pally and back to his corner
    2nd pally taunt it off fury warrior + spam heals on fury warrior

    a little crude... just wondering there might be safer way of doing it

  6. #6
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by spud
    just wondering if you were in the above situation - how would you handle this encounter ?
    Let the two hunters tank.

  7. #7

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by spud
    yeah we did it kinda similar - but we had to swap in a crude manner
    1st attempt the pallies tried to tuant - but yeah you can imagine, one of them taunted both... gg

    side note : are they giving pally a single target taunt anytime soon in accordance with the "bring the player not the class" ?

    the 2 pallies bring the horsies to the middle (fury warrior following along)
    1 pally taunt off, 2nd pally runs back to corner, fury warrior taunt off 1st pally o.0 ...
    1st pally run out of aoe taunt range of 2nd pally and back to his corner
    2nd pally taunt it off fury warrior + spam heals on fury warrior

    a little crude... just wondering there might be safer way of doing it
    Ah yes, I see your problem. Just have them run to the middle, OT pala taunts off the MT pala (OT pala now has aggro on them both). Fury warrior taunts Rivendare, MT pala taunts Rivendare off the fury warrior. To make the transition a little smoother, have the fury warrior wear a shield while "tanking". It's complicated but definately doable.

    About the single target taunt, I'm not sure. There have been alot of rumors about it coming though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Don't be so green

  8. #8

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Let the two hunters tank.
    interesting can you explain a little more ?

  9. #9

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev

    About the single target taunt, I'm not sure. There have been alot of rumors about it coming though.
    It's in the patch notes for 3.08. Single target taunt that does holy damage.

  10. #10

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    Ah yes, I see your problem. Just have them run to the middle, OT pala taunts off the MT pala (OT pala now has aggro on them both). Fury warrior taunts Rivendare, MT pala taunts Rivendare off the fury warrior. To make the transition a little smoother, have the fury warrior wear a shield while "tanking". It's complicated but definately doable.

    About the single target taunt, I'm not sure. There have been alot of rumors about it coming though.
    yeah we forgot about the shield - man that fury warrior dropped like a mofo to 5% fast...

  11. #11
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by spud
    interesting can you explain a little more ?
    Using 1 hunter, and 1 shaman is probably more efficient, since I forgot the requirement of a healer in that end.

    I tanked it as shadowpriest, it's np

  12. #12

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Honestly, I've only rarely needed to swap the Thane and Baron. If DPS in your raid can put out 1.6k+ you can just burn thane then have the Baron tank book out. Really comes down to how well geared your raid is.

    If you DO need to do a swap, the Near Left corner tank doesn't taunt for the swap. Have the fury warrior taunt, RD off the warrior. Yes, next patch pallies get a single target taunt and this will become a moot point (unless you're in Naxx RIGHT NOW and tabbing back to this page to read replies :-P ).

    You've got a LOT of healing in that raid. We typically run with 2T, 2H, 5 DPS and one switch hitter DPS/Heal (i.e. Ele shaman or spriest) to heal for Saph.

    For Zeliek and Blaumeux you probably want some combination of Druid (lowest output/gear) and the highest HP/survivability DPS. The mage (depending on spec) might well be a decent choice, if you can afford to lose the dps on Thane/Baron. If you don't have two healing capable players in the back one of them MUST be an instant cast healer (to throw heals during the swap). We usually have a Ret pally and shaman or spriest in the back, but when we did it with a DK we had to pair them with a druid.
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

  13. #13

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Like the previous poster said...

    When we did this we simply put a resto druid on the melee tank not on thane. The druid would hot up that tank, and then shift to bear after running ahead of the tank. The paly on Thane would taunt the other mob and then the druid would taunt thane. The extra paly tank then taunted off the druid. No damage was ever dealt to the druid healer.

    Worked rather well.

    Moot issue next patch.

  14. #14

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by spud
    2 prot pallys MT/OT
    2 BM Hunters
    1 resto shammie
    2 resto druid
    1 rogue
    1 mage
    1 TG warrior

    just wondering if you were in the above situation - how would you handle this encounter ?
    Have one protection paladin and the resto shaman, rogue, both bm hunters and the TG warrior on Thane.

    Have the other protection paladin and one of the resto druids on Baren

    Have the mage and the other resto druid in the back switching spots every 3 marks.

    As soon as the fight starts pop heroism/bloodlust cds and wat not and kill thane as fast as possible.

    That group moves to baren, the thane tank taunts baren, the baren tank runs up to Zielek with the resto druid.

    The baren group alternates with the Thane group until baren dies.

    Switch every 4 marks.

    Once baren dies every one goes to the back and switches between Zielek and Blaumeux every 3 marks until they are both dead.

  15. #15

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    This is the way I do 4H in 10man with 2 healers, which is also the fastest way imo.

    - One dps class and a healer in the back doing their normal thing there.
    - One tank standing in the corner with Rivendare
    - One tank and all the other dps standing in corner with Thane.
    - The 2nd healer will be standing between the tank with Thane and the tank with Rivendare. Not moving, just standing within reach of both tanks.

    1. Pull bosses
    2. Once everything is picked up and ready, the dps starts nuking the shit out of Thane (the guy with the meteor).
    3. The healer who is between the two tanks and Thane and Rivendare will be healing both tanks and aoe healing the damage caused to the dps from Thane's meteor (which is why a resto druid or priest is prefered)
    4. Normally the dps will be good enough with nuking down Thane before the stacks reach too high and Thane will go down.
    5. Now the resto druid go to the back and help there seeing as he/she does not want anymore stacks from Rivendare. And also the Thane tank will pick up Rivendare and let the tank there go to the back so he also doesn't stack any more marks from Rivendare. Remember to have someone offheal the tank who picked up Rivendare though, seeing as the normal healer is not around atm.
    6. Wait for Rivendare to also drop, and from there it's no problem.

  16. #16

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Resto shammi with + 1 pala + ALL dps on thane nuking him together.

    2nd Pala solo on rivendare (if some problems after healing pot and all cooldowns shammie can run 10 yards and do NS+HW + Riptide, also put earth shield on that pally before pull, it's passive 18k healing).

    2 druids tanking blome and zeliek switching on 3 stakcs.

    Very easy as it is. Can be a bit hard if you have very bad dps or your pally sux with TPS, but it's doable even if you get 4 Marks while killing Thane (it's 24+48 seconds, more than 1min12sec for 800k HP boss for 5 DPS+1Tank+1Healer nuking).

  17. #17

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Our way to do it with 2 healers

    1 healer in the back with a warlock (affliction prefered)

    1 ele shaman/boomkin/spriest healing Rivendare tank

    1 healer Thane with all dps

    Nuke Thane till 5 stacks (a shaman/priest/druids are preferred here)

    Then all dps go rivendare, the tank and healer there go in the back dps, at rivendare, switch between him and the holy one(dont remember her name) at 3stacks.

    When the 3 stacks from rivendare goes off, go back to him till he die

    kill the 2 in the back

    eat cake with milk.

    Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

  18. #18

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by spud
    2 prot pallys MT/OT
    2 BM Hunters
    1 resto shammie
    2 resto druid
    1 rogue
    1 mage
    1 TG warrior

    just wondering if you were in the above situation - how would you handle this encounter ?
    i dont see the problem, u have 3 healers...
    we two healer this every week, resto druid in back. resto shammy in front. the warrior tank is on his own till the first switch at which point the shammy heals him back up

  19. #19

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    As far as the tanking situation you can get through it having one of your hunters distracting shot so your paladin can taunt one of them off the hunter after the first paladin has already taunted(grabbing them both).

  20. #20

    Re: Naxx10 - 4HM solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusx
    As far as the tanking situation you can get through it having one of your hunters distracting shot so your paladin can taunt one of them off the hunter after the first paladin has already taunted(grabbing them both).
    oh, i see the problem now. not a hunter expert but could a hunter: misdirect, then distracting shot? this would be like a taunt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •