Thread: COH

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

COH

When are they going to unnerf COH then?

Re: COH

When are ppl gonna stop QQ about it. learn to live whit it and have fun!!

15+ Year Old Account

lol, un nerf?!

We went into Naxx 25 last night and me, as the only holy priest, 2 druids, 2 pallies and a resto shaman, we had no issues at all, the cd on coh isnt a factor plain and simple.

All I can say is, if you are still complaining about the coh nerf, learn to play!

I play a Holy Priest with CoH. We cleared Naxx25 last night. I was top healer in efficiency for 80% of the fights. My gear is quite comparable to every other healer's in my guild.

The CoH nerf matters not.

Stop talking.

Haha, when priests (not all, just the bad ones) stop thinking they are good because they can bind every key to CoH and roll their face on the keyboard.

PoM, CoH, FHx3. Rinse, Repeat.

You should have never needed to spam CoH in the first place. The only thing the nerf changes is melee will actually have to step out of the whirlwinds now. Stop crying about it.

looooooooooool,

I love this QQ, last night I did mally, naxx, and a couple go's at 3 drakes, OMG I had the time of my life.

CoH, flash(SoL), Pom, renew tank.

rinse repeat, I found I spent a bit of without it even on CD. but had a blast. Even gave nova a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprodigy
    Even gave nova a go.
    Okay Tinkerbell, we're wandering into the realms of fiction/stupidity here ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Leprodigy
    looooooooooool,

I love this QQ, last night I did mally, naxx, and a couple go's at 3 drakes, OMG I had the time of my life.

CoH, flash(SoL), Pom, renew tank.

rinse repeat, I found I spent a bit of without it even on CD. but had a blast. Even gave nova a go.

Actually Holy Nova when u can heal 5 targets as well as hit multi mobs is win, coz it's a 99% chance to proc SoL and then u can free insta heal anyone u like.

Holy Nova was epic win on Vaelastrasz after they made it instant.

I really found more challenging healing my raid yesterday night with the Coh nerf. I really found that nothing has changed, since my surge of light procs from PoM and flash heals replaced the Coh spam. In Sarth+1 (we wiped on +2 because the server was really lagging) my mana was still at 30% at the end of the battle, without using pots or fiend.

And now, we may see a disc priest in raid <3

I know some guilds always had disc but as long as holy was that strong (no cd), there were no reason to bring a disc :/

Play holy priest too and i dont see CoH "nerf" as a factor, I think it have made priest more fun because you cant rely on the old pala I-use-one-spell method :P
    Fact is that with a CD on CoH i get a lot of new possibilities and some new ideas for rotation
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I healed 10-man Malygos yesterday.

CoH was almost useless to me.
    There was rarely more than 2-3 people hurt at any time, and they were usually perfect recipents for a flash heal.
    Problem, there was rarely less than 2-3 people hurt at any time either. I really had to spam that flash heal button; paladin style.

CoH did not work on the vortex. It's a known bug apparently, but it was highly annoying and made it very hard to prevent our mages from dying.
    Prayer of Mending also simply vanished after jumping once in the vortex. My PW:Shield was always on cooldown and renew still didn't make any difference. The vortex was hell, but at least that's bugs that will be hotfixed.

No, most of the time I was simply spamming flash heal. It worked, but I was badly oom before the end of the first phase.
    Luckily, we had a restodruid to innervate me. I could not have done it without him, but with the innervate, the first phase was not much different from before. I just cast more Flash heals than usual, and got way less manabreaks. But it worked.

The second phase was however hell on earth. Yes, I truly missed being able to do healing while moving. And on malygos P2, that was the name of the game. But one CoH does not make any difference when the mobs are hitting raiders for 8k while inside the shield. And when the breath came, the mages died. Again. There was simply nothing I could do to save them. And this time, there was no combatress left.

And there in lies my problem with this patch. My priest is a decent healer still. I can heal just fine. Second place on the healing meter if you care about those things, just below the druid. It's not like I didn't carry my weight. But I was the one needing the innervate, and I didn't bring a battle ress.

Quite frankly, I no longer felt powerful. Where in the old days I felt like I was spamming CoH - but really weren't (not sustainable, you mix in the flash heal, sol proc, prom, even renew, heal things up fast, then take a break), I now felt like I was spamming flash heal. Again, I weren't really (throwing in the odd CoH, sol proc flash heal, odd shield and renew - but never take a break). And still I couldn't save everyone. The mages died twice. There was nothing they did wrong. But there was nothing I could have done different beyond reprioritizing who would die.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    CoH did not work on the vortex. It's a known bug apparently, but it was highly annoying and made it very hard to prevent our mages from dying.
    Prayer of Mending also simply vanished after jumping once in the vortex. My PW:Shield was always on cooldown and renew still didn't make any difference. The vortex was hell, but at least that's bugs that will be hotfixed.
    Yes, i think it's a bug or maybe your group didn't regroup before the vortex. However i used levitate on low life members after the vortex and it really shines, it can save you good mana, and prevent up to 6k damage. Coh + Prayer of healing clears the damage then. I used also Divine Hymn once: it costs 1/3 less than Coh and heals 9 players in malygos for nearly 4.5k. People tend to forget it, since it is quite useless, but i think it will be used a tad more now.

OK, so now priests are flash heal spamers.

3.1 will introduce a 6 sec cooldown to flash heal, and a 12 sec cooldown to greater heal, just to make sure.

You're unable to cast Circle of Healing during Vortex as you receive the message "Invalid Target" and the spell doesn't even fire off (re: not regrouping before the Vortex).

To be honest, I was a bit angry at the announcement of the nerf initially as it seems like a very "shotgunned approach" to address the issue. I do not like being a healer and having to worry about short cooldowns (PoM, PW:S, and now CoH) - it'd work if we were a DPS build, but heals are almost entirely on demand so it's counter-intuitive to the role.

With that being said, I still have zero problems topping the meters during raids (which was good because I hate being in 2nd place =)

In doing 25m Sartharion + 3 Drakes last Tuesday, my healing breakdown was basically as follows:

30% Circle of Healing
    30% Prayer of Mending
    20% Flash Heal
    10% Greater Heal
    5% Binding Heal
    Followed by other random heals like Divine Hymn, Holy Nova, Renew (WTB this spell made useful again!), etc, etc, etc

just want to put my 2 cents in as a Resto Druid. I love the "nerf" to the 2 smart aoe heals. Now i dont accidentally put my Wild Growth on twice or in the middle of its duration and waste mana. With that said if you cant play your priest now your bad. The funnest thing for me was using recount to link to the PUG priest Pre 3.0.8, thier healing and how they casted only COH and all their Healing came from that spell, and telling them to L2P, and still being out healed by my hots .
    Also maybe priest wont have "as much" over healing now,but we will see.

tbh - and this is in theory only ... I think CoH is now better, period...

I noticed all the priests in my guild healing efficiency do a complete 180...and still be about the same on the charts

This "nerf" means that priests now wont step on other peoples heals...and only CoH when it is actually needed - not every chance they get - any good priest will appreciate this opportunity to become a better more efficient healer and in the end this will make priests more versatile...they will be able to press more than one button...

i know not all priests before took advantage of CoH but you have to admit some people used it 99% of the time and had no clue how to actually heal...

The spell is hardly needed considering the content is so fucking easy.