Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: did you use SW:D to help stack your shadow weaving?

About the new rotation-

If you aren't hit capped, wouldn't it be better to move SW:P to the start of the rotation? (for Misery)

On a side note: 3 stacks of SW on MF would be very nice actualy, add some burst. Would help a lot in PvP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    won't MB still be on CD when you do your 2nd one?
    1.5 + 1 + 1 = 3.5 even less with haste.
    Yeah i realized that after the original post. Basically you want the MB at the beginning of the rotation and at the end.

So MB-VT-VE-DP-SWD-MB-SWP. But either way with having to add VE in it makes it 9 seconds before you can put up SWP. Still faster with putting up all of your buffs and without the mindflay stacking shadowweaving twice.

With mindflay currently.
    VT-VE-DP-MB-MF-SWP. It allows you to take out SWD all together. But still 9 seconds. You can take VE out of the opening cycle on this one and reduce it to 7.5 seconds before SWP.
    *These are just the spells in no particular order, just referenced for time.

I havent checked the damage difference between a MB+SWD or just casting MF.
    Also, using VT at the end of your opening cycle is good too. It is the highest coefficient dot that we have.

There are so many bosses where you have to be running at the start. For those fights at least I think I favor either:

MF (don't even let it tick, just stand still an instant to cast it and then keep moving)
    SWD
    DP
    VE (if not in position yet)
    VT
    SWP

That one slips into a nice rotation right away and gets good SW stacks for all the dots, but doesn't have an early MB to help proc Imp Spirit Tap or get Replenish up ASAP. The first MF gives you two stacks of SW as well as Misery right away (at least I think it procs Misery even if you cancel it at once, but now I got uncertain).

An alternative could be:

SWP
    SWD
    DP (if not in position yet, otherwise just after the MB)
    VE (if still not in position)
    MB (or VT)
    VT (or MB)
    SWP

The initial SWP gets Misery up right away and makes that first MB do a little more damage. I think I like MB before VT better. You don't get Replenishment up quite as fast that way, but better SW stacks and a shot at Imp Spirit Tap for your VT. You're also in a better place to start your rotation.

For a stationary start I think this one is about perfect:

SWP (Misery, boosts MB)
    MB
    SWD
    DP
    VT
    SWP

You should start your rotation with SW:P for a few reasons.
    1) If it misses because Misery isn't up, just cast it again. It's instant, no cooldown, and doesn't really matter very much because it's weak without Shadow Weaving stacks
    2) It'll get at least two ticks off before you re-apply the SW:P after getting Shadow Weaving x5.
    3) No pulling off the tank if he missed his first attack

I was using (read: trying to remember to use on every pull) variations on this opener last night:
    SW:P > VT > DP > MB > SW > SW:P >>> Regular rotation

It worked very well, accomplishing getting a few ticks of SW:P off and then refreshing it at max Shadow Weaving. Yeah it seems cumbersome and retarded and wasteful to have to use two SW:Ps (you're just increasing the time between ticks by re-applying), but this is what we have to do for now. Wish Blizz had come up with a slightly more straightforward way to take care of the problem, such as allowing your mind flay to recalculate SW's damage effect on reapplication... but I suppose processing time is pretty precious.
    http://insilicoguild.org/
    A community for everything WoW, including a forum, gallery, arcade and more.

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    cast sw:d + 1.5 gcd + 1.5 cast vt + 1.5 gcd + 1.5 cast mb + 1.5 gcd + 3 cast mf + cast dp + 1.5 gcd = 12 seconds then sw
    um...fail

spells with cast times of 1.5 seconds do not have an additional 1.5 second gcd

You have negative haste?

Truly hardcore players debuff themselfs with Curse of Tongues by dueling Warlocks before pulls.

I'm confused here o.O Why do you have to reach 5 stacks of SW to cast SW:P ? I mean dont you get the bonus 10% even if the spell is already cast on the target? That's just plain stupid if you don't ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfrost
    I'm confused here o.O Why do you have to reach 5 stacks of SW to cast SW:P ? I mean dont you get the bonus 10% even if the spell is already cast on the target? That's just plain stupid if you don't ;p
    You don't. It benefits from however much Shadow Weaving you have when you cast it. Which is just plain stupid. That's why we have these complicated starting rotations, to work around the "just plain stupid".

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    That's why we have these complicated starting rotations, to work around the "just plain stupid".
    no kidding. why can't it be coded to check each tick how many stacks of weaving are on the target. to make the spell more fire and forget like all other dots...

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    no kidding. why can't it be coded to check each tick how many stacks of weaving are on the target. to make the spell more fire and forget like all other dots...

It's a bug. A very well known bug.

If you are of US residence please go spam the US forums and see if you get a blue post as to why it was not fixed in 3.0.8, this was posted many times, they should know about it by now...