Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 3.0.8 Bugs and Mirrors

The website went down for a few hours today, this was caused by a burst of traffic combined with a few issues with the servers. The site might look funny (things not updating as they should) but hopefully everything will be back to normal in a few hours.

Patch 3.0.8 Bugs
    According to these posts, these bugs will be fixed within a few days and developers are working actively on a patch. This post might be updated as more bugs get reported.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Battle For Wintergrasp Update
    We’re actively investigating Wintergrasp impacting realm stability and we’re working to resolve these issues. If needed, we may temporarily disable the Battle for Wintergrasp on all realms. If this should happen, players will still be able to venture into the zone, but will not be able to participate in the Battle itself. (Source)

[US] Account-Wide Death Knight Creation
    It was anticipated that with the release of the current patch, 3.0.8, players would be able to create a new death knight on any realm within their region. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we are not able to make this available as of yet. We do anticipate making this available in the near future and will do our best to keep everyone informed of when this becomes available.

Please keep in mind that when implemented restrictions will still apply to new, non-transfer realms such that death knights cannot be created on those realms until you level a character to level 55 on that realm or until transfer restrictions are removed.

[...] Please be aware that select players are currently able to create death knights on realms other than the one they currently have a level 55+ character on while others are still unable to do so at this time. We are currently working to address this issue and anticipate this to be corrected as of tonight’s rolling restarts. We will post additional updates after the completion of the restarts. (Source)

Human Female Animation
    • There are some human female animation errors, specifically when using two-handed weapons or shooting with a ranged weapon. (Source)

Death Knight (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • Howling Blast has a 5 sec cooldown. There is a tooltip error where it appears that the spell has no cooldown, but the game will still enforce one. We hope to hotix the UI soon. (Source)
    • There is a known bug on Obliterate rank 5 and possibly Empower Rune Weapon, depending on when that change was made. We should be able to hotfix those soon. (Source)

Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    • We had to make a change to the new warlock summoning mechanic at the last second to prevent an exploit. Our apologies to all the law-abiding warlocks who have to suffer with a painful cooldown on your summon in order to fix this problem. We plan on getting the Ritual working correctly as soon as possible. You won't have to put up with a 2 minute cooldown for more than a few days. Standard caveats apply that this could change for any number of reasons, but we wanted to keep you informed of our plans at this time. (Source)
    • The Felhunter and a couple of other demons should have significantly gained health. If you Felhunter was at 8K yesterday he should be closer to 16K today. The exact number will depend on your gear and talents. We plan on hotfixing the warlock pet health. I don't want to throw around any more numbers because it's going to depend a lot on lock gear and talents. Unfortunately sometimes things work differently between our servers and live. It's a bug and we will get it fixed.

Patch 3.0.8 Mirrors
    We had tons of server issues yesterday and I didn't want to add this to the list of potential issues with the site, but patches are now available on direct download from our servers.

Re: Patch 3.0.8 Bugs and Mirrors

thanks for patch links i really hate to use blizzards torrent downloading system

Doodad door in naxx has been fixed and is now open all times. >
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

I like Wintergrasp, but I agree that they need to instance it or something.

Servers couldn't handle Tarren Mill vs. Southshore back in the old days, so why do they think the servers could handle Wintergrasp?

I was able to create a Dk on a different realm...

Hmmmmmm...

Got to agree Wintergrasp should be instanced, it wont make a difference to gameplay if it is, just make it instanced like the Belf starting zone etc.

Is the Death Knight problem going to be the same on EU? or a specific US problem?

Heroic-Utgarde Pinnacle Guantlet seems a little buggy. Resetting like crazy.
    ,-{$$}
    ,-{QQ}
    \)___ :'(
    ) >> \\
    ^- Us.
    ^- Blizz.

Some other bugs I've noticed:

A) Illustration of dragon soul: Each time you cast a damaging of healing spell you gain 20 spell power for the next 10s, stacking up to 10 times.

B) Majestic dragon figurine: Each time you cast a spell you gain 18 spirit for the next 10s, stacking up to 10 times.

Both these trinkets do not apply the stacking buff when: Lifebloom, rejuvenation, wildgrowth, hurricane, thorns, motw are used. Currently only works on nourish, regrowth and healing touch i.e the spells with cast time.

Illustration of dragon soul buff stack is also getting refreshed with moonfire tick, which is not consistent with the trinket description, as hot ticks never refreshed the buff stack previously.

Why russian patch mirror link is missing?

the aura on Heigan seem to be larger now had him tanks far from the the raid and was still getting it.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

There seems to be a bug with Concussion Blow as well. When used it does not engage the GCD, but it still cannot be used during a GCD.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77
    Servers couldn't handle Tarren Mill vs. Southshore back in the old days, so why do they think the servers could handle Wintergrasp?
    Perhaps 3 years of server development and upgrades made them think that?

I deleted too many posts already. I'm permabanning the excessive whining now.

Quote Originally Posted by m4kaveli
    Some other bugs I've noticed:

A) Illustration of dragon soul: Each time you cast a damaging of healing spell you gain 20 spell power for the next 10s, stacking up to 10 times.

B) Majestic dragon figurine: Each time you cast a spell you gain 18 spirit for the next 10s, stacking up to 10 times.

Both these trinkets do not apply the stacking buff when: Lifebloom, rejuvenation, wildgrowth, hurricane, thorns, motw are used. Currently only works on nourish, regrowth and healing touch i.e the spells with cast time.

Illustration of dragon soul buff stack is also getting refreshed with moonfire tick, which is not consistent with the trinket description, as hot ticks never refreshed the buff stack previously.
    working as intended for all but moonfire tick iirc..
    new illustration is supposed to get charge ONLY via direct damage/direct healing spell, not via hot/dot spell (hence this severarly limites the use of this trinket for affli lock, but oh well)..
    i suppose that the majestic dragon figurine should have undergone the same changes, having the same mechanic :P

I download the the enGB patch and now when i try to log in it says unable to validate game version this may be caused by corrupted game file or the interference of another programme, any1 got this aswell / know how to solve?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubsz
    I download the the enGB patch and now when i try to log in it says unable to validate game version this may be caused by corrupted game file or the interference of another programme, any1 got this aswell / know how to solve?
    Well, I would not suggest using any mirrors for now, since they might throw some unexpected hotfix before putting the final patch up.

15+ Year Old Account

boubou how about adding a RU download link for patches>?

Well i already downloaded it ;/,

taan check the first page of the topic ; )

15+ Year Old Account

i already got it from http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors =)
    just want it to be on the front page

Can any1 assist with my matter or no-else has it?,

Is it possible that the patch isnt uploaded yet but that i did installed it yet? ???