Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [DK] Tested Killing Machine.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nett
    The proc rate for 1H-weapons and 2H-weapons is most probably the same.

The differences of tested proc rates of 4.4 (1H) to 5.1 (2H) can most likely be explained by the increased miss chance of the tested char when dual wielding.

I would assume you are correct. We could also estimate the ppm of KM being 5ppm cap. The reason i say this is 1)because of what the quote says and 2)because KM cannot have a partial proc, it either procs or it doesn't meaning from the data gathered the ppm of KM is 5 or 6 (can't be 4 because in both cases the ppm is over exactly 4.0) and the missing ppm would be due to misses, dodges, and parrys.

Bubonicbeef- 80 Death Knight
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Bubonicbeef

Saphÿre- 80 priest
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Saph%C3%BFre

Beefstyx- 80 Shaman
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Beefstyx

Huggybare- 72 Druid
    US-Gurubashi

I'm fairly sure it was announced it would be a 5PPM change..

Which does seen to we the case when looking at your tests.

Using a mace with 3.40 speed this is proccing ALOT! 3-4 times as much as it used to. And i luv it! AoE tanking gets even easier with this and the change to pest! <3

i wish DK's would stop arguing and just use 2handers... you guys are going to regret it when they make 2handed weapons obsolete (think shaman)

It's just a game.

As a 2H Tank w/ IIT, KM was proc'ing for me at an absurd rate last night. This talent went from "Hungering Cold useless for tanking" to "Mandatory as Blade Barrier" IMO.

Yes, this change has raised the overall crit % on my frost strikes from 50% to more than 70%. As soon the obliterate bug is mended I see frost strike competing with obliterate as my nº1 source of damage.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

FYI from a blue post they stated it will proc in 1 min the amount of points you have in to Killing Machine.

Hence 5 points into it... 5 PPM

As when any PPM spell, slower weapons will make it SEEM to proc more.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by taek
    As a 2H Tank w/ IIT, KM was proc'ing for me at an absurd rate last night. This talent went from "Hungering Cold useless for tanking" to "Mandatory as Blade Barrier" IMO.

Hungering Cold was never useless! It made kiting the zombies on Gluth 25man a cake walk!

Bubonicbeef- 80 Death Knight
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Bubonicbeef

Saphÿre- 80 priest
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Saph%C3%BFre

Beefstyx- 80 Shaman
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Beefstyx

Huggybare- 72 Druid
    US-Gurubashi

DW also gives you more stat options (since two weaps) as well as an OH enchant (FC on MH, XX on OH) to boost your DPS.

Re: Tested Killing Machine.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydi0n
    it's also a way of playing imo.

I know for sure I'm not going back to 2h DPS any time soon, just cuz I find it more fun to swing arround 2 weapons and see lots of numbers and procs everywhere. I don't have to still be nr1 in dps after this patch. when I'm in the top 5 I'm happy.

I just hope that a lot of people go away from DW dps now and focus on Cookie cutter 2h builds. That way the DW can be played and tweaked by people that know how to play it and didn't just fotm roll it. fyi: I rolled DW as soon as I hit 80

Gwydi0n
    wot a twat

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

I dunno, but im seeing KM prot a LOT, and i have a feeling that blizz is going to nerf it :\
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Yeah, sense a nerf coming for some part of the KM/HB combo. I changed from Icy Talons to Killing Machine and saw my dps (as a tank mind you, so KM didn't make much sense for me pre-patch) went up about 900 dps. Clearly that counts trash, but my single target dps on bosses I wasn't tanking is also 7-800 points higher.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    I dunno, but im seeing KM prot a LOT, and i have a feeling that blizz is going to nerf it :\
    I can tell you that it is NOT procing as much as it used to for DW. Thats what they wanted. I dont see them nerfing the proc rate to KM any farther down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nojer
    I can tell you that it is NOT procing as much as it used to for DW. Thats what they wanted. I dont see them nerfing the proc rate to KM any farther down.
    But for 2H its proccing nearly every other hit.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    But for 2H its proccing nearly every other hit.
    i did some informal testing, and i noticed it actually seemed to be scaling with icy talons, implying that when calculating PPM it uses initial weapon speed instead of final. i am not certain if that means its actuall PPM is less then 5 and they aimed pretty well when they coded it in, or if its actually 6 PPM essentially for any frost dpser kind enough to have picked it up
    all hail king frost strike

I ran a Heroic Culling as a dps...but I was still Frost Tank spec'd.

I slapped on my dps gear and went to town hoping to do at least 1700dps so we could shoot for a mount.

I finished the run leading dps at 2.3k overall (hit 2.6k on Meathook). I was using a 2h'er and was missing a few talents that would have increased my dps if I wasn't tank spec'd, things like Dark Conviction for 5% more crit, Merciless Killing for more dmg to low health targets.

At this point I'm pretty excited myself. I don't even need dual spec to come out. I can tank or dps just by switching gear and presence. Maybe I won't top the meters all the time or any of that, but I can pull my weight on any fight I need to as dps, or I can MT/OT for any fight needed, and Tank heroics all with the same spec

On a heroic OS pug earlier i did 2.1k dps over all mting the fight. New KM is so sexy ;D

clicky for armory

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    i did some informal testing, and i noticed it actually seemed to be scaling with icy talons, implying that when calculating PPM it uses initial weapon speed instead of final. i am not certain if that means its actuall PPM is less then 5 and they aimed pretty well when they coded it in, or if its actually 6 PPM essentially for any frost dpser kind enough to have picked it up
    could you show me your test? I am very interested; if it's really the case this build could be better than my current build (trading subversion, icy touch and Death chill for up to improved icy talons)

olorin

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    This has always been the case with any PPM. Haste increases the procs, its just how the code works.

This might explain the OPs 5.1 with a 2Her, assuming he had a tad bit of haste.

Sounds like DW will be balanced now - it was way too OP before. The gains from the other talents + just pure white dps increase will counterbalance the loss on certain strikes. Which can be limited to two weaker strikes.

So it might just finally be a personal choice, and not the FOTM anymore. Yay?