a new professions spell (alcamey)

ok i was thinking about this the other day. i wanted to no what you guys think of this idea. i think it would be a nice little way to be less wastefull.

drain potion
    requires 300-375 alcamey
    5 sec cast global cooldown
    this spell removes one potion/flask
    effect from the taget and make it in
    to a new potion with the remaining
    duration

im not sure what lvl you would get this at but i thought it could be around 300-375
    let me know what you guys think

Re: a new professions spell (alcamey)

*crickets*
    That's badass!.......I say badass now

[quote]Main Entry: al·che·my
    Pronunciation: \ˈal-kə-mē\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English alkamie, alquemie, from Middle French or Medieval Latin; Middle French alkimie, from Medieval Latin alchymia, from Arabic al-kīmiyā', from al the + kīmiyā' alchemy, from Late Greek chēmeia
    Date: 14th century

1 : a medieval chemical science and speculative philosophy aiming to achieve the transmutation of the base metals into gold, the discovery of a universal cure for disease, and the discovery of a means of indefinitely prolonging life
    2 : a power or process of transforming something common into something special
    3 : an inexplicable or mysterious transmuting
    al·chem·i·cal \-mi-kəl\ also al·chem·ic \al-ˈke-mik\ adjective
    al·chem·i·cal·ly \-mi-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

How would you remove a potion effect? Time it so that you cast the spell right as they clicked the "drink potion" button?

It would suck to have your 75g flask stolen from you so easily, too.

It is a PvP-only offensive spell, when no other profession has an offensive spell. And it is a terrible one at that. Sorry, but this is not a very good idea at all.

A new spell has to either have
    1) a fun use
    2) fill a role
    3) balance numbers

Your idea
    1) isn't fun for the person getting targeted, and only marginally satisfying for the person using it
    2) doesn't do anything other than grief people going into BGs after a raid
    3) does jack squat to balance the stat bonuses from alchemy vs JC/BS.

If it did it to yourself, that would be cool. finish your raid with an hour left on your flask, drain it into a flask again? Not useable in combat (for the reason of a wipe inc, and u drain a elixir saving yourself a buff)

Sounds good, but the RPers wouldnt be happy. For the reason that how would u achive this? Some sort of self dialysis kit? Saying that, take a look at any class's spell books, and tell me, how do you throw fireballs? how do you summon undead? etc etc.

Why would you people think he's talking about purging someones flask? Lol.

It is obviously to consume 90 minutes of a flask after a raid, so you aren't flasked up to do mount circles around Dalaran.

Seems like a pretty good idea to me, but there are also a lot of reasons that they wouldn't do this.

edit: Maybe it could be an alchemy only thing - because if a raid lasts 4 hours, they'll have basically a full duration flask left on themself that will just go to waste. Also, I know for myself at least, that if my flask ends before Sapph or something, that I generally won't flask up again for the remaining 20 minutes of the raid only to waste 5/6th of the flask.

Like raiding ain't allready cheap enough.

/shoo

As if alchemist don't allready have 4h flasks & alchemist stones...

Begone

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Like raiding ain't allready cheap enough.
    Why does raiding need to be expensive? It never has been unless you wear plate and are learning a hard encounter.

Re: a new professions spell

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Why does raiding need to be expensive? It never has been unless you wear plate and are learning a hard encounter.
    Most guilds would be just fine without flasks and food buffs every pull, but its a sign of willing to want to progress and conquer.

Yet, I really have no problem with 4h flasks being 1 per night ;D