Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Malygos with COH and WG nerf?

TBH how can anyone die in phase 1 and 2?

My first 10 man kill was me (resto shaman) and two holy paladins for healers, and we really didn't have much level 80 gear -- probably 75% of our gear was BT/Sunwell stuff, so it's not like it's impossible.

If anyone in your guild dies to vortex due to lack of max HP (and they were topped off when it started), they're retarded, it's as simple as that. What 99% of DPS and healers don't realize is that when they're dead, the only stat that matters is how low their stam is, none of their other stats matter at all. I remember quite a few of our caster DPS in my old guild were getting Deathchill cloaks while they were still in BT/Sunwell gear, and wondering why they were dying so often, and it was because they had around 10-11k HP unbuffed from general lack of stamina on any of their gear. This is generally why I enchant for stamina where I can, Tuskarr's Vitality being the only real decent one at level 80, since there's no new stam to shield enchant. But the rest of my gear has high amounts of stam as well, I think I have 16k HP unbuffed right now, or something like that.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is.. Yes, pewpew or healheal stats are nice.. but if you can't survive an aoe, you're worthless to your raid. And yes, Malygos is doable without Circle of Healing and Wild Growth spam.

yea everyone should easily be at 20k...my gear is a mix of heroic gear and raid buffed i sit at about 21k...i also have a few naxx10 peices and 1 mockt7 chest peice from archavon...and that's it...holy pally...can't wait to get into malygos

Did it today, wasn't that big of a deal. I wasn't healing, but no one died so meh.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

Deleted

My brother`s guild just did their first kill on malygos last night with 1druid 1priest 3palas and 1 shaman as healer, vortex wasnt a problem.

Get the shadow priests to use Prayer of mending. it bounces around healing everyone for like 3000-5000 each aswell as shields can heal like 20k in the time of the vortex. it's not like we can cast much then anyway once all the instants are done.

done it many times without a resto druid or holy priest in the raid

We always did the 10-man with a disc priest and resto druid so the changes didn't affect us at all. Raid buffed your players should have more than enough HPs.

Edit: I forgot to mention the druid hates WG and rarely if ever uses it.