Thread: COH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: COH

    ALL you meter watch just amaze me. Who cares if your the top. Its all about keeping people alive and not going OOM.

    Im a disc priest and i dont have to fight for a Raid spot to heal. Even if i deside to do 25 mans cause my guild isnt there yet. I get regular invites. and i never top the meter.

    So stop watching the meter and keep your eyes on your raid

  2. #22

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenerien
    ALL you meter watch just amaze me. Who cares if your the top. Its all about keeping people alive and not going OOM.

    Im a disc priest and i dont have to fight for a Raid spot to heal. Even if i deside to do 25 mans cause my guild isnt there yet. I get regular invites. and i never top the meter.

    So stop watching the meter and keep your eyes on your raid
    You check meters after a raid via WWS reports.

    I don't go OOM. I keep people alive. I'm a very, very effective healer.

    Why are you so hostile? If it's because Disc-specced Priests aren't usually high on the meters, even when I'm specced into Disc I hover around #3 (which is still really, really good spot to be in out of 6 healers).

    Moral of the story. Meters matter to DPS and to heals. Those people who top meters show that they are quick reaction time (especially after the CoH nerf) and well geared enough with proper amounts of haste in order to not get their heals "sniped" by other heals. Those who have mods setup to show incoming heals, too, also know to heal another target to spread the efficiency out amongst all the raid's healers.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ubashi&n=Synge

  3. #23

    Re: COH

    Disc is inferior to Holy. Simple. It's sad but true.

    Yeah as disc you get to be mana efficient. Yeah as disc you get to be a paladin without the buffs. Yeah you can pvp heal without respeccing.

    But you're still an inferior all round healer to Holy.

  4. #24

    Re: COH

    I'm going to start by saying that I'm not a priest. I play a resto druid....and you're wrong a/b Holy>disc.

    Among other things, I'm heal lead for our guild. (Full heroic naxx clears, sarth w/ 2 drakes). I love nothing more than having disc priests in the raid. There are things they can do that no other healer can. Holy priests...meh. Ineterchangable with a resto druid in all honesty. Give me a good disc priest any day.


  5. #25

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by Synge
    You check meters after a raid via WWS reports.

    I don't go OOM. I keep people alive. I'm a very, very effective healer.

    Why are you so hostile? If it's because Disc-specced Priests aren't usually high on the meters, even when I'm specced into Disc I hover around #3 (which is still really, really good spot to be in out of 6 healers).

    Moral of the story. Meters matter to DPS and to heals. Those people who top meters show that they are quick reaction time (especially after the CoH nerf) and well geared enough with proper amounts of haste in order to not get their heals "sniped" by other heals. Those who have mods setup to show incoming heals, too, also know to heal another target to spread the efficiency out amongst all the raid's healers.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ubashi&n=Synge
    In response to this, meters, are a distraction.

    bubble doesnt count as a heal, dispell magic is not a heal, abolish disease, shackle undead. The list goes on, if you are fighting to get to the top of the meters, you are not doing your job. You will take a chance to GH someone, when the rest of the raid needs heals.

    Either way, some people like it, but I dont think it should be up while you are fighting, its a distraction.


  6. #26

    Re: COH

    All of you people that say meters don't matter are insane. That's the only way to tell if you are carrying another healer through content. Are you going to spend the entire night watching a person or go look at the meters after the night and find out they only had 4% total healing done with 7 healers in the raid?

  7. #27

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by darkstorm87
    All of you people that say meters don't matter are insane. That's the only way to tell if you are carrying another healer through content. Are you going to spend the entire night watching a person or go look at the meters after the night and find out they only had 4% total healing done with 7 healers in the raid?
    Healing meters don't matter much, as long as everyone is doing their part. There are things called healing assignments that go totally against healing meters. What if I am assigned to heal the kiters in Gluth? I'll be doing so much less healing than MT healers, does that make me a worse healer?

    In your case if someone is doing 4% healing with 7 healers it's the raid leaders problem for bringing too many healers. There are quite a few fights in naxx where I dps because there are no targets to heal (Thaddius, noth, loatheb etc).

  8. #28

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by darkstorm87
    All of you people that say meters don't matter are insane. That's the only way to tell if you are carrying another healer through content. Are you going to spend the entire night watching a person or go look at the meters after the night and find out they only had 4% total healing done with 7 healers in the raid?
    Just make sure that you look at all the meters then because if that person is topping the decurse/cleanse meters but only doing 4% healing then its somewhat understandable. Meters only matter when someone is absolutely not carrying their weight, but normally you can tell that just by how the person behaves in a raid.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  9. #29

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Disc is inferior to Holy. Simple. It's sad but true.
    This isn't true. Holy has more potent heals, like they'll crit with gheal for 20k, disc will crit 15 and such. But that's besides the point.

    At loatheb - disc will outperform any healer. I do mean ANY. Simply because disc can throw more heals than any other healer during the 3 sec healing phase. Also, disc can throw pws around, which are much more potent than ones of the holy priest. The only thing that holy does is coh every 6 sec, more potent renew and 3min killing blow prevention (GS).

    Second of all, disc procs aegis off of ProM, providing additional protection. The absorb doesn't show on the meter, which leads people to conclusion that disc priest suck since they can't output the healing eaqual to raid healers. This is total bullshit, there's also recount version that takes pws / aegis / glyph of pws into account of disc healing, so please try to use it and check how much healing disc actually outputs (if we can call absorption of damage healing).


    All of you people that say meters don't matter are insane. That's the only way to tell if you are carrying another healer through content. Are you going to spend the entire night watching a person or go look at the meters after the night and find out they only had 4% total healing done with 7 healers in the raid?
    This statement couldn't be more wrong. So you're saying that a druid that hots the entire raid is a good player because they have like 15% overheal and are on top of the meter, but their designated MT dies. It's completely ridiculous. My guild did naxx 20m with 4 healers. 2 shamans, 1 holy and we tried with a resto druid. It failed, especially at patchwerk. I went disc, replaced the druid and patchwerk fight went so smooth, my tank was never near dying. So the druid that shows up on meters waaaay above me actually didn't do his job here, and priest that has negligible healing output (comparable to shadow priest's VE) actually DID the job, kept the person alive and we made it trough.

    Looking at meters is wrong, especially because majority of people sees hps and who is first and last. Since when is that the judgement of a healer? Did you check who your healers heal? Did you check what spells they use? Did you check their presence during the fight? Did you check whether their designated target died or not? There are so many factors that need to be accounted in.

    Tbh. at current content difficulty you cannot judge healers since you can literally run entire content with 5 disc priests throwing PoM all the time and doing incredibly high aegis procs. So all healing specs are viable. If wws / recount don't take pws and aegis absorption into account, that's the meter to be blamed, not the spec.

  10. #30

    Re: COH

    WWS reports for 25m Sartharion + 3 Drakes and 25m Naxx - post 3.0.8

    Sartharion + 3 Drakes
    http://wowwebstats.com/oucj5v3d6zu1e?m

    Malygos + Naxx (had to call Malygos due to the lag that kept wiping the raid... WTG Blizzard)
    http://wowwebstats.com/yrnqjaby3g3zw

    Out of all the healers, a Holy Priest is still very capable of topping the meters and, yes, CoH is still very powerful despite the nerf =)

  11. #31

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by Topgunner
    When are they going to unnerf COH then?
    Explain to me how it was nerfed please. This was my WWS from our 25 Malygos after the "nerf". That's me at the top (if that's what matters to you).


  12. #32

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    At loatheb - disc will outperform any healer. I do mean ANY.
    i play a druid - timing my LB to crit during the 3 seconds - WG - and a 15k healing touch...there is no way you could outheal it in your 3 seconds of timed casts...throw in a regrowth that crits for 9-10 due to it being a much shorter cast because of the other crits...

    Also - i have nothing against disc priests - but your funny if you think you outheal people with your bubble - it absorbs what? 15k maybe - being generous...thats less than one greater heal of a holy priest...and you cant spam that on a target...whereas holy can...and can you AoE shield?? Can you prevent someone from dying and give them 50% life back instead of dying...

    Holy priests just have more than you while still having a shield to use - not as good yes...but they at least have it...

    they are a lesser version of you when they want to be...and a better version of you when they need to be...

  13. #33

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Disc is inferior to Holy. Simple. It's sad but true.

    Yeah as disc you get to be mana efficient. Yeah as disc you get to be a paladin without the buffs. Yeah you can pvp heal without respeccing.

    But you're still an inferior all round healer to Holy.
    I'm really trying to wrap my head around how dumb you are, but I can't tbh. You astound me.

  14. #34

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    At loatheb - disc will outperform any healer.
    This is a rather funny quote I will admit, because overall my single heals or group heals hit for more then a disc priest does which means when that three second window rolls around I've timed my spells with the aura ending to allow for a single Prayer of Healing on my group and a single CoH on another group which means, when push comes to shove I've just healed each person in my group for 7-8k and healed another group for 3-4k which generally is overkill anyways considering, I'm not usually the only person healing. But should I be the only one healing say a 10 man as holy it's very simple.

    Take this post with a grain of salt though because the quote below I COMPLETELY disagree with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neeklus
    Disc is inferior to Holy. Simple. It's sad but true.

    Yeah as disc you get to be mana efficient. Yeah as disc you get to be a paladin without the buffs. Yeah you can pvp heal without respeccing.

    But you're still an inferior all round healer to Holy.
    I prefer to holy heal mind you, but Disc has very practicle uses, in single target healing. I don't know that I would pass up a holy specced priest for a Disc if given the opportunity for the general ability to adapt better, but if I were taking a healer who didn't have to be versatile for several fights Disc can shine very well.

  15. #35
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent, UK
    Posts
    104

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by arnorian
    Haha, when priests (not all, just the bad ones) stop thinking they are good because they can bind every key to CoH and roll their face on the keyboard.
    LOL!!

    Im a holy priest with CoH & 2bh i dont feel the nerf at all. My gear isnt exactly amazing (2 pieces of 10 man T7, & some naxx25 epics.) & i dont feel like im holding the group back. It takes me bk to the old days when we used to vary spells. Good "nerf" (read CHANGE) if u ask me & should be kept

  16. #36

    Re: COH

    After our Disc priest left I decided to give it a try and all I can say is that disc is 100x more fun than holy
    No big numbers but the playstyle is much more interesting
    Coh with or without nerf, IDC
    Disc ftw

  17. #37

    Re: COH

    Quote Originally Posted by Leprodigy
    looooooooooool,

    I love this QQ, last night I did mally, naxx, and a couple go's at 3 drakes, OMG I had the time of my life.

    CoH, flash(SoL), Pom, renew tank.

    rinse repeat, I found I spent a bit of without it even on CD. but had a blast. Even gave nova a go.

    Why would you use CoH before PoM?

    PoM is a 7 sec CD, CoH 6. Think about it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •