Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Wintergrasp, Arena, 3.0.8 Undocumented changes

I found out:

- Opening a chest/item now only takes 2 seconds.
    - Moonfire has a new spell animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose
    In what way? As for p2, it's been the case to dance regardless, unless there was a spot I wasnt aware of where you were safe. Or do you mean at all, with the PBAoE disease from Heigan now being larger?
    You could cram the raid into a small arch next to the door that leads to the room with the maggots and eyestalks - and you didn't get any dmg from his disease nor from the ground splashes.

Quote Originally Posted by 309blank
    ARRRRGH!!! after just 2 weeks of farming zg they NERFED IT i hope they dont nerf ony as well, those friggin bastards!
    Onyxia did get get her money drop nerfed. Around 100 less gold.

Just dunno why Blizzard nerf FUN ways of farming gold.

Glyph of Death Strike is not appearing as stated here. It's just a straight 2% damage increase and not 2% for every 5 runic power you have.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkZero
    Onyxia did get get her money drop nerfed. Around 100 less gold.

Just dunno why Blizzard nerf FUN ways of farming gold.
    This is totally lame. First I loved her being my weekly fun kill. Even as a lvl 80 enh shaman... she is not a total walk in the park in terms of being easy. I loved getting 150g or more from her. Now its probably 50g or maybe less/more. Not really worth my time now nor anyone else to kill her unless you want the achievement or you are bored.

Honestly,... the ease of killing them was not something that was really exploited in terms of farming. There are better ways to make gold.. this was just plain fun for many of us old school WoW players.

3.0.8 Raid Changes (Undocumented)

Excerpt from my post about this:

As usual, there's undocumented changes in this patch. Most undocumented changes get dug up elsewhere, but raid changes tend to not be found until the patch actually goes live because no one is testing raid content on the PTR unless it's a new zone. Here are the changes, I'll keep this updated with new finds:

* You Don't Have an Eternity: The timer was increased to 6 minutes but you can only have two sparks at a time. This makes the achievement significantly more difficult just due to DPS requirements. I would say that being overgeared for the encounter is now basically a requirement to get the achievement. I'm not entirely sure feasible the achievement even is now with current gear.

* Sartharion with Three Drakes: You can no longer remove Twilight Torment as described in The Twilight Torment Dance. This means you absolutely must handle the huge breaths that can hit for up to 75k with cooldowns. This definitely makes the fight more difficult and places more emphasis on DPS to get Shadron down as soon as possible.

Undocumented Changes:

Noticed the following from 25man Naxx last night...

-Grand Widow Faerlina has a Death and Decay style ground effect where her Rain of Fire hits.
    -Mage Blizzard has Death and Decay style ground effect, only blue.

I'm wondering if there will be a ground effect for Sapphiron's Blizzard, given the other ground effects that are showing up?

Some changes I've noticed:

Looting the carrots for the Dalaran cooking daily Sewer Stew takes less time.

Clicking on the teleportation rune in Dalaran to get down to Crystalsong Forest and back up again has also had its timing reduced.

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, I knew it had been talked about in Blue posts, but it appears (at least by testing with my Magnificent Flying Carpet) that the change to mounts as vehicles has been changed and you can now auto-dismount from most mounts (yay!)

There are also new graphics for Eternal Earth and Crystalline Earth. They now have a yellowish glow and are easier to distinguish from the Air and Shadow elements.

It seems you can now also see who has Wintergrasp from other continents than Northrend now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlock
    Undocumented Changes:

Noticed the following from 25man Naxx last night...

-Grand Widow Faerlina has a Death and Decay style ground effect where her Rain of Fire hits.
    -Mage Blizzard has Death and Decay style ground effect, only blue.

I'm wondering if there will be a ground effect for Sapphiron's Blizzard, given the other ground effects that are showing up?
    That's the new Rain of Fire and Blizzard effects, RoF has like a little fire explosion and then the DnD ground effect, and Blizzard with this light blue. Warlock's RoF is the same as Faerlinas.

Re: WG Bug.

While it was annoying I gained like 25k honor and 40 some odd WG marks in a couple hours. For us the bug was "Capture WG, crash Northrend, comes back up and your already in battle now as defender, Horde caps,crash, comes back up as attacking, capture, crash..... It was a Groundhog Day wonderland.

Bought both peices of the new gear already and might get the trink. (As long as it and the PvE one don't share cooldown for the on-hit 1000ap bonus.)

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

The enimies for Hot and Cold now have a silience and knockback. It sucks to farm them as a holy priest now, holy scholl silenced and as soon as you can start doing dmg again, they knocks you down.. I was down to like 450 dps on them.. like it wasnt slow a farming as a healer before. And it did fell like the droprate was way lower or something. Completeing Hot and Cold did take nearly 18 min today. Normal I do all SoH quests in 25 min.

I did get so mad that I did buy over 500 Relics of Ulduar on AH instead!
    /Naraxi
    Naraxi is said to be able to heal any wound, no matter how fatal.
    Special: Naraxi is legendary.

Hopefully the servers wont lag as much now that wg is disabled.

im going to miss it though...

Malygos is no longer targetable between phases 2 and 3.

The range on Heigan's Spell Disruption ability has been increased (previously 20 yards, appears to be 25-30 yards now).

The achievement "Spore Loser" has been fixed and is now attainable.

The achievement "The Empire of Zul'Drak" has been fixed to allow players that may have missed quests that are no longer attainable, to still receive the achievement.

Lootable objects that spawn after a boss's death (i.e. Malygos, Four Horsemen) are now instantly lootable.

The Achievement UI has been enhanced; there is now a dropdown menu that allows you to show only complete or incomplete achievements if you wish. Icons now appear next to achievements that have a "requirements list" that can be shown. You can now click the sub-achievement name under a meta-achievement's requirement list to be taken to the description for that sub-achievement.

Another change to the Hot and Cold quest: picking up the Frozen Iron Scrap is considerably faster -- about the same speed as skinning an animal. It used to take slightly less time than the cooldown to use the Essence of Ice. Now it's just 1 or 2 seconds.

Does anyone know if the Molten Core quintessence requirement get removed? They said that they were going to in an upcoming patch but I didn't see anything in the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengril
    Some changes I've noticed:

Looting the carrots for the Dalaran cooking daily Sewer Stew takes less time.
    Same goes for many other quest objects. Some crafting times also got reduced to near-instant aswell.

Also, the achievement UI was changed, the lower half of the summary tab now shows bars for all categories. There is also a new achievement for slaying the scourge invasion boss in kara (awared retroactively through the pet drop).

Quote Originally Posted by Inept
    Does anyone know if the Molten Core quintessence requirement get removed? They said that they were going to in an upcoming patch but I didn't see anything in the patch notes.
    They have been removed. If you were at the correct reputation to get the quintessence in the first place, you've now been given a Feat of Strength: "The Fifth Element".

Shaman 7.5 shoulders now appear to glow correctly with the rest of the set. The shoulders previously appeared to have a brighter color in some areas.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I mentioned this on the Patch release comments;

Arcanite Ripper had its model changed, now looks like the guitar when straped across your back.

Fishing changes:

- Fishing daily quests were fixed, now you actually need to spend some time fishing instead of getting the quest fish on the very first cast.

- Northrend fishing nodes (any of them) grant Pygmy Suckerfish as by-product.