Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Strathome Raid wuut!?

Did anybody else notice Stratholme_Raid.anm or something VERY similar appear on the patch updater?
    Is this new news or have I missed something??

Deleted

Re: Strathome Raid wuut!?

Back at 60, stratholme used to be a 10 man raid instance like UBRS.

Was it rly?
    I used to do it alot on 60, but it was 5man...
    Although i didnt start from when wow came out.

Btw anny1 else noticed that if you're farming the baron mount, if you take a left before the slaughterhouse (barons building) and walk through the gate there, there is a green raid entrance...
    Never saw it before, although i never went there

That is actually the exit out of the instance once you have killed baron I belive.

Strat werent 10 mans

Quote Originally Posted by rabite
    That is actually the exit out of the instance once you have killed baron I belive.
    nope. there is still a gate in the way even after you have killed all bosses.
    many belived it was to be a raid back in 60 when raid instances inside other instances wasn't uncommon. (BRD -> MC, UBRS -> BWL)
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnel
    Strat werent 10 mans
    It used to have a 15 player cap, so yes, you could raid it.

The raid entrance in Strath is Naxx Classic, isn´t it ?

Quote Originally Posted by CptHans
    The raid entrance in Strath is Naxx Classic, isn´t it ?
    I was thinking of that, but u needed an attunement for naxxramas and then enter an ziggurat which had a platue which would teleport you to naxx

So its not naxxramas portal

LFM STRAT CLASS RUN NID DRUID AND PALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It used to be a 10-man instance back in the old days, not 15. Same with scholomance. That was a 10-man aswell and UBRS was a 15 man. These 3 instances have been tuned down later to 5 man strat and scholo and 10-man UBRS.

Frostshockz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    I was thinking of that, but u needed an attunement for naxxramas and then enter an ziggurat which had a platue which would teleport you to naxx

So its not naxxramas portal
    it was widely belived that it would be the entrance to naxx yes but it never actually happened (as far as i can remember)

Stratholm: 5 Player Cap (Prior to Patch 1.10 it was a 15 Player cap) Source Wowwiki, Same counts for Scholomance(cap 5 now) and Black Rock Spire (cap 10 now)

If i remember correctly, early in wow both scholomance and stratholme were 10 man, and UBRS actually 15 man, after several nerfs etc , the instances became 5 man, atleast scholomance and stratholme. The instance entrance to the left of baron in strat, is actually an exit i believe. The same model is used for the Old Naxxramas Legendary boss. The boss was an fight bound to the making of atiesh i think. I never got that far in old wow, but thats how i remember it. As for the strat model used at that boss, you left the place at the portal. In the non-raid version of strat the gate is closed.
    As i said, i cant quite remember how it was, never saw it, only heard/read stuff, anyone confirm?

Also contains the originally planned entrance Necropolis Naxxramas.
    From http://www.wowwiki.com/Stratholme#Undead_side

From what I remember, that portal in the back of Stratholme was used for quick access to level 60 Naxxramas during the PTR only. It was deactivated when that patch went live.

There are many portals to nowhere in vanilla. Stormwind, Winterspring, Hyjal (the zone), etc. I'm sure that when it originally shipped they had the best of intentions to actually implement content for those areas, but it just never happened once they discovered how much time and manpower it would take.

And the 10 mans would drop the same loot, but you could not complete any quests. Back before it originally switched, those zones were good primers to start people raiding. The problem was that since it was so much easier than 5 manning it, that people learned early that they could ride coattails to loot.

I don't remember Strath and Scholo being 15 though, only 10.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Man, raiding Strat was fun. I did it a few times back in the day before we started MC. :P

Originally:
    - Stratholme: 10-men
    - Scholomance: 10-men
    - UBRS: 15-men

People who didn't play since start could avoid posting their truth...

15+ Year Old Account

You can actually raid every instance starting from ragefire with 10mans max. Strat back in the day was balanced for 10 mans, and UBRS for 15. Of course you can't do non-raid quest there, but it is possible to raid all the instances nontheless.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!