Titansteel Destroyer for Feral Druid in 3.0.8

So what are opinions on the BS crafted weapon Titansteel Destroyer now that the new Feral AP change has been implemented? This weapon now offers 1843ap and it appears to be a viable feral tank weapon for beginning raids. I almost feel kind of silly wanting this weapon since it clearly was not a druid mace but it's so tempting with the +stam and +hit stats it offers (in addition to the ap bonus). There isn't much time for me to raid so anything to help boost my stats for the occassional dungeon is perfect. Thoughts?

Re: Titansteel Destroyer for Feral Druid in 3.0.8

I'd say http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37883 is a better choice for starting tanks. Agility, even with the nerf, is still a great defensive stat for bears. If your defense is good enough and you want to trade some defense for higher tps, then by all means, go for the destroyer. It's definitely a good weapon for dps when you don't need to tank or are only offtanking some weaker adds.

While the other one posted is nice, it only drops in heroic VH and since you do not have time to raid it is a viable alternative. I was using another one ofthe titansteels, but the 1800+ attack power with the +105 stam was just too much to pass up, since I do not have tons of time to run heroics either.

I'm really not trying to be rude here, and the titansteel is a good starter, but if you don't have the time to run H-VH, which is one of the shorter instances, what do you have time to run that you need tanking gear?

Staff of trickery would be much better for tanking, as far as survivability goes, and the hit rating isn't that huge a deal unless DPS is constantly pulling stuff off of you even in single target situations. For pure DPS, the hit rating on Titansteel may boost it above Staff of trickery, but if the rest of your gear is giving you plenty of hit rating, the Staff of Trickery will give you more AP and more crit. While Str wins out over agility on your gear, on your weapon, straight AP gets a 20% boost while str gets a 16% boost, assuming talents and kings. So if you have the hit on your gear for dps, and dps isn't pulling off of your for tanking, then Staff of Trickery will probably be better.

Again, this is assuming you have time to run H-VH...but if you don't have the time to do that, what DO you have the time to tank? As far as gear until you have a chance to upgrade, the titansteel destroyer is a solid choice to tide you over.

running vh heroic takes less time then farming the mats or farming the gold for the titan steel, ive seen the staff drop roughly 1/3rd of the time (first time i ran it people were saying it droped even higher and would laugh if the one time a druid was there it didnt drop). its a good weapon tell you get into 25 man's.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.