Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: A resto druid question

Quote Originally Posted by pukaboomkin
    No, but typically you will have more than one tree casting it every 6 seconds now (just because) whereas there wasn't always a need to cast it before even though you could.
    That doesn't make much sense to me. Why would you cast something 'just because'? If you didn't need to cast it beforehand, nothing has changed that means you need to cast it now...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Well, every 6 seconds you get to cast an instant cheap hot, so why wouldn't you to improve raid survivability? And there was a need to cast it before just not "always a need" like i said before. There were too many tree's running around spamming WG before claiming to be good healers before, now its just as good as any other hot.

Casting WG whenever you want has its pro and cons..

One fight in particular is Malygos and Vortex.. You need to cast right before, as you all group up before u drop, and once again, after u group up (sparks!!)

How ever on fights such as 3 drake OS, I was spamming it on EVERY cooldown possible.

well, it really depends on if your healing a tank or a raid.

For me, rejuv/LBx3 and maybe a regrowth on a tank. then Nourish as needed if the tank gets spiked.

for raid, Rejuv and maybe a LB or 2 on a target. Nourish on any target below 50%, but only after the application of a Rejuv

lol @ tauren

i'm thinking that nourish will be used more often now that it gets the hot benefit from WG. i've had a few occurances where i need to quick heal a few DPS, but i was hesitant to use nourish because it had no benefit from WG.

and when it comes to healing 3-5 DPS back to decent health, the .5 sec quicker cast time is a big deal.

1: install grid and set it to show only curses and poisons
    2: install gridswiftmend and put the swiftmend show in a lower slot of priority than poisons and curses
    3: install lifebloomer,keep a windows only for tanks not for entire raid ,that's a really useful addon to keep hots up on tank and offtanks..
    4: get some gear ofcours...
    5: go wowhead and /copy my spec...is the best ;P (trØy tamedteens hakkar eu)
    6: buy glyph of lifebloom, glyph of swiftmend and glyph of regrowth
    7: stak spirit until u have about 700-800 unbuffed
    8: dont mind about rotation...sust spam regrowth when pplz are going to die..=)

Quote Originally Posted by pukaboomkin
    Well, every 6 seconds you get to cast an instant cheap hot, so why wouldn't you to improve raid survivability?
    Wild Growth is too expensive to be just spammed every cooldown if it's not actually going to be useful for its purpose (AoE heals).

And there was a need to cast it before just not "always a need" like i said before.
    There are places to be using it, yes, I'll certainly agree with that (and Morgan has pointed out a couple of examples), however like I said, I still don't see any reason to be casting it every cooldown now in places where you didn't need to cast it before, which is exactly what you were suggesting.

There were too many tree's running around spamming WG before claiming to be good healers before, now its just as good as any other hot.
    I'll agree there were too many druids spamming WG before, but just because it now benefits Nourish I really don't see that as justification alone for using it. Unless you actually do need to do AoE heals, there's no need to use Wild Growth.

i've been playing a resto druid for quite a while, i can handle most heroics and naxx, although i've only ran naxx 3 times, this is the spec i use, and i usually keep LBx3, Rejuv, and regrowth running on the MT, everyone else i use mainly WG, Rejuv, and LB, throwing in the occasional regrowth as needed, im glyphed for SM, LB, and Regrowth, i only use HT when i use my NS, i have about 305mp5 while casting and about 1830sp in tree form. with that out of the way now i can get into the reason im posting. i dont really see the need for a bunch of haste gear, with talents i can cast my HoT's with a 1.1- 1.2 sec GCD if my math is right, with my LB ticking for 9 secs with glyph and talents, and my rejuv going for 18secs, and regrowth going for 24secs, i dont really have to many problems raid healing or for heroics, i leave the MT healing for the priests or pally's in raids with the exception of hots, this is the spec i use now
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=150921030106

im thinking of changing some of my haste gear out for crit gear and switching to this spec to see how it goes http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=150921030106

has anyone tried to go crit based instead of haste based? i think it would make me a better single target healer and since we are the best multi target healers imo i was just wondering if it was viable to go this way. if you think my idea is stupid go ahead and burn me all you want im just posting to get some worthwhile feedback on the idea

oh yea one more thing, is healbot still working with wotlk had a few ppl tell me it wasnt and that i should use grid+clique, i think its called clique

oh sorry another thing...try to get as fast as u can +13% haste...and after u get it dont stack more and start to stack other stats...13% haste + 20% haste by the talent means 33% haste for hots(lb wg rej)...that means 1 sec global cooldown while staking hots...remember that global cd doesn't go under 1 sec so 13% IS A SORT OF Cap for you::fcourse if u have more u'll cast regrow and nourish in less time ecc ecc but i dont think durid's really needs it..

Quote Originally Posted by the_b4ll
    oh sorry another thing...try to get as fast as u can +13% haste...and after u get it dont stack more and start to stack other stats...13% haste + 20% haste by the talent means 33% haste for hots(lb wg rej)...that means 1 sec global cooldown while staking hots...remember that global cd doesn't go under 1 sec so 13% IS A SORT OF Cap for you::fcourse if u have more u'll cast regrow and nourish in less time ecc ecc but i dont think durid's really needs it..
    Close, but not quite. The formula for calculating cast / GCD time when factoring in Haste is to divide by 1 + Haste. So 33% haste will have this effect:

GCD = 1.5 / (1 + 0.33)
    GCD = 1.5 / 1.33
    GCD = 1.125

Not the 1s that you speak of. You need 50% haste for that.

Now, when factoring in GOTEM they apparantly work additively, meaning that GOTEM reduces your GCD by 0.3s, and so you need your haste to reduce it by 0.2s to give you the 1s GCD. So:

1.5 - 0.2 = 1.5 / (1 + Haste)
    1 + Haste = 1.5 / 1.3
    Haste = (1.5/1.3) - 1
    Haste = 15.3846%

So you need 15.3846% haste, which requires 505 Haste Rating to cap the GCD on your HoTs.

Good to know the proper cap for haste. So far I've been more concerned with +healing, mana, and mana regen. Haste is honestly my last concern. I'm wondering now if I shouldn't put a little more thought into or wait until I'm getting into gear beyond Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Temua
    Good to know the proper cap for haste. So far I've been more concerned with +healing, mana, and mana regen. Haste is honestly my last concern. I'm wondering now if I shouldn't put a little more thought into or wait until I'm getting into gear beyond Naxx.
    My gear strategy is basically to ensure you have enough mana regen to last the fight, after that stack as much spellpower as possible, and then after that go for haste up to cap, followed by crit.

The first step is pretty easy to accomplish - it's just a matter of maintaining of how much mana regen you can give up (I'm in the process of swapping out int and spirit for other stuff).

The second part is pretty much capped - the spellpower on your gear is determined by gear level / number of slots (generally you'll get more SP by taking items with slots and gemming for +19 SP).

Then the last is whatever else is left on the gear - take haste where you can get it as crit isn't as useful. I'm probably getting close to the cap once you include Celestial Focus and ret / moonkin aura, but still think I've got a bit more to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Temua
    Once you have 2k spell power you can do what you want - in relation to haste.. I stack a health 350~ on average and let the buffs do the rest.. Remember to get haste healing rings; and enchant haste to your cape.

Celestial Focus helps a great deal boosting your haste if you lack the gear variaty to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by kuresh
    has anyone tried to go crit based instead of haste based? i think it would make me a better single target healer and since we are the best multi target healers imo i was just wondering if it was viable to go this way. if you think my idea is stupid go ahead and burn me all you want im just posting to get some worthwhile feedback on the idea
    2 refutes:

1. HoTs can't crit, so you'd really only have 2, maybe 3 spells that would benefit from stacking crit. the end of Lifebloom, Nourish and/or Healing touch. Regrowth really wouldn't benefit from crit all that much because talented it's probably already at 55-60% crit. There is a diminishing returns on crit, so getting even more past that 60% isn't going to benefit.

So, crit is going to benefit Nourish, part of LB and HT. I don't use HT except for NS + HT (I know some use glyphed HT a lot). Most likely, you are using either Nourish or glyphed HT. So for all intents and purposes you can disregard the other one. So, LB proc and Nourish. It would be good for Nourish, but... since Nourish isn't ever really gonna provide more than 20% of your healing, you are basing your stats around a spell that isn't the primary heal.

Spell power and mana regen would still be the way to go over crit. If you compare haste vs crit, haste benefits GCD, Nourish/HT, and regrowth. However, once you get above 13% you hit a "soft" wall that it becomes less and less useful. I'd encourage all druids to get 13% haste, because it improves the speed of cast on all of your spells (due to GCD).

2. There is very very very little gear with +crit AND some form of mana regen. Whether it be spirit or MP5. Most likely you are going to be wearing oomkin gear to get that crit and that will impact your MP5 greatly. You could have a hundred million crit, but if you don't have the mana to cast a spell.. it doesn't matter.

From my experiences:

Stack Spirit until you are at 900 unbuffed. Get your in combat MP5 to about 300, preferably get 13% haste, and once those things are met... stack as much SP as you can get. Remember Intellect is a great stat to get now (like the +8 int / +8 spirit gem for yellow slots)

Quote Originally Posted by Froppy
    There is a diminishing returns on crit
    False. Stacking more crit in no way reduces the effectiveness of additional crit being stacked. That says nothing for whether crit is worth stacking. I just don't want people mistakenly believing that it gives diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    False. Stacking more crit in no way reduces the effectiveness of additional crit being stacked. That says nothing for whether crit is worth stacking. I just don't want people mistakenly believing that it gives diminishing returns.
    Okay.. maybe diminishing returns isn't the correct wording. Once you get above 50% crit (this goes for dps and healing in my opinion) it seems to not matter going above it. Sure you CAN go above it, but in this game it seems that anything over 50% doesn't seem to effect it as much. It just seems like it's less effective when you stack crit when you are above 50%. I have no examples beyond just playing, as mathematically speaking you are correct, 10% more should be 10% more, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Froppy
    Okay.. maybe diminishing returns isn't the correct wording. Once you get above 50% crit (this goes for dps and healing in my opinion) it seems to not matter going above it. Sure you CAN go above it, but in this game it seems that anything over 50% doesn't seem to effect it as much. It just seems like it's less effective when you stack crit when you are above 50%. I have no examples beyond just playing, as mathematically speaking you are correct, 10% more should be 10% more, etc...
    so does this mean that, as a Naxx healer, its more effective to stack a certain amount of haste then to worry about crit? Or should I balance the two out?

thanks for the input on crit rating i the reason i was asking about crit gear is that im noticing that im using more of my direct heals with WoTLK than i was with TBC i dont really see me using living seed because it seems to be mostly overhealing when it procs. i've been playing around with specs and gear setup with this website http://chardev.org/?c i have found quite a bit of gear that gives either spirit and crit or Mp5 and crit, with the gear from heroics and 10 man i can get up to about a 23% crit rating and still hit 305Mp5 in combat which is around what im using now and have no problems with mana.
    as far as haste rating goes the main instant heal i use is LB and with glyph's and talent it has a 9sec duration on it before it blooms so i can start a rolling LB chain on 7 different ppl, i have never been in a situation where i have needed to cast LB's on that many people but i have been in plenty of situations where a big HT crit would come in handy, i guess really i just never see any druids who put talents into HT other than feral for the damage increase, or in dreamstate builds, i was just wondering if any tree druids have tried to make a crit build and if it did any better or any worse than a haste build

Quote Originally Posted by Macguffin
    so does this mean that, as a Naxx healer, its more effective to stack a certain amount of haste then to worry about crit? Or should I balance the two out?
    If you have glyph regrowth and specced to crit so you can get living seed... Then crit is probably the last stat you should worry about.

New healers need

Mana Regen
    Spell power
    Int
    Haste
    Crit

Game healers need

Spell power
    Haste
    Mana Regen
    Int
    Crit

That is just my opinion. End game players dont have mana issues and should not care about crit..

New healers need to concentrate on spell and mana regen - and should leave haste for later when they are geared... But even here crit is not really needed Personaly I think crit is the last stat a druid healer should be getting; if stated above; your specced like that.