Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Priests at the moment are the jack of all trades, master of none, which to be honest I like. But this nerf is just taking the P***.
    The one thing we had over other classes was our aoe heals. Now we are left with a weak heal with a 6 second cool down and a large heal which costs ridiculous amounts of mana and has an obscene casting times.
    I would argue paladins can do better AOE heals, with BoL, than us now, which is unfair as they can dish out 1 million k crits on a traget with a 1 second cast aswell. Druids just can hot up all the targets and lol while shamans have chain heal. The one thing we had over other classes, we have just lost, fair?
    Renew and PoM are awesome spells - but when competing with a pala on patchwork, do we really stand a chance? I used to rejoice on AOE damage fights like saphiron where for once I stood a fair chance of beating my pala rival ( I say fair chance coz i beat him anyway due to pure skill) but know i have to focus to compete while he spanks up the FoL, heals 2 targets then instant cast holy shocks to heal 10,000 Hps, while now i can press CoH of once then /cry.
    Please, i understand if you are gnna nerf CoH, its an awesome move, maybe too awesome, but please buff something else in response. Like take off the CD of Gs
    DrStorm

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord AetherMcLoud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    My own private hell
    Posts
    4,156

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    a) This takes holy more in line with disc, which is nice but underrated. I.E. Patchwerk is a fight were disc really shines.

    b) Everbody knows that there are 10 healers for each DPS and you can choose freely which healer you want to have right? [/sarcasm]

    I cannot think of any raid that will say "LOL with cooldown on CoH we will not take you to our raid, go roll another toon". While the nerf hurts, all this whining about "IMA LOOSING MAH RAID SPOT" is pretty much rediulous.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite signature on the forum.

  3. #3

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    1. Stop qq pl0x
    2. If you cant beat a paladin at healing meter even without CoH, you are not worthy to play WoW
    3. I dont know what you ekspected? CoH and WG was overpowered AoE heals and there for they got hit by nerf hammer.

    I play a Druid myself, and yes its too bad they nerf it, but it WAS OP...
    Live with it or quit WoW

  4. #4

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Do priests nowdays do anything else than whine? You are fast becoming the new shamans.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who dont.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Yet shamans doesn't have a cd on their chain heal (which isn't talented).

    Priests have plenty of reasons to complain about the class - the coh nerf may not be the biggest imo, but it could easily be avoided if blizzard took two minutes to check how people play and what the spells do with enough stats.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  6. #6

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Yet shamans doesn't have a cd on their chain heal (which isn't talented).

    Priests have plenty of reasons to complain about the class - the coh nerf may not be the biggest imo, but it could easily be avoided if blizzard took two minutes to check how people play and what the spells do with enough stats.
    I really don't know why you ppl bother, some ppl fave actually proven with numbers that priests will become the weakest healers ingame with the nerfed CoH (and have actually suggested other ways to nerf CoH) but Blizz doesnt give a shit about that if they have their minds set they do it regardless of what we want/think.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    OP has no clue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus
    Do priests nowdays do anything else than whine? You are fast becoming the new shamans.
    Shamans never were biggers whiners. It used to be mages, but since they got their imba arcane for pvp, and FfB for pve, they sit silently hoping nothing will change.

    Then it used to be pallies, but retri got what he thinks he deserved.

    But last 2 months priest are so annoying, so boring with what their whinning, that instead of feeling sorry for them and tring to think way out of this i just want them to STFU.

    @Mandible, they got CD on talented Riptide, so please go away with your nonexistent problems.

  8. #8

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Unless this has changed since pre and post3.0 in tbc, Greater Heal is still the best single target healing spell in the game - fact.

    The problem is that most healing priests these days have forgotten how to play their class, and people who rolled the class are pretty clueless.

    I mean, your average priest you see these days is just CoH spamming - that is it. And no, it isnt because this is the best method of healing - it is through either not knowing how to play or being lazy as hell if you only see on your recount or whatever CoH, FH and *perhaps* a prayer of mending.

    Tbh the CD is the best thing ever - perhaps you might learn to use greater heal again, possibly one of the best spells for keeping tanks up...... then again unless you did pre-nerf brutallus you might not appreciate this fact.

    Clueless OP is pretty clueless.

  9. #9

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by Sashan
    Unless this has changed since pre and post3.0 in tbc, Greater Heal is still the best single target healing spell in the game - fact.
    Clueless OP is pretty clueless.
    You are stating the OP is clueless and in fact you are, grater heal its way past being the best single target heal in the game go see pala HL and how much crit it gets only from talents. (if u spec for crit that is 16% crit only from talents) + its a 2 sec cast after the first cast compared to 2.5 GH has + u get 15% more haste from judgement of the pure if u know how to use it so I would say HL is the best single target heal ingame atm not to mention if u use Beacon u can heal 2 tanks at the same time (IMBA for sartharion +drakes).


  10. #10

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    You are stating the OP is clueless and in fact you are, grater heal its way past being the best single target heal in the game go see pala HL and how much crit it gets only from talents. (if u spec for crit that is 16% crit only from talents) + its a 2 sec cast after the first cast compared to 2.5 GH has + u get 15% more haste from judgement of the pure if u know how to use it so I would say HL is the best single target heal ingame atm not to mention if u use Beacon u can heal 2 tanks at the same time (IMBA for sartharion +drakes).

    Healing is not dps that can be mesured in a fine line but it is a team efort that can only work if all make up they own roll. why should a player care abouth the HPS wen it's the hole team that as to work in sync to beat the enconter and not 1 clueless noob tossing around Circles/Wild groth/Chain Heal to look prety on WWS.
    One of the responses to the CD on COH is prety straigthfoward , stack abit more haste and change your gamestyle aka go back to old school ... Holy priest is also a endurance toon if you gear properly and manage CD's/5's properly he will last as long as the paladin and will be competitive in the raw numbers.
    I am glad they came foward whit the COH CD , it will split the man from the boys and show who can actualy play a priest.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

  11. #11

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    I really don't know why you ppl bother, some ppl fave actually proven with numbers that priests will become the weakest healers ingame with the nerfed CoH (and have actually suggested other ways to nerf CoH) but Blizz doesnt give a shit about that if they have their minds set they do it regardless of what we want/think.
    How the hell can you prove with theorycraft that one healer is better than another? Healing isn't like dps where 100% of it counts 100% of the time, there is no way you can factor in overhealing (lol at failchain heal on saph frost aura) because the damage taken changes per fight.

    To the OP, you are telling me that a paladin who is designed for healing 2 targets at once now find patchwerk to be easy to dominate...yeah think about this one for a bit...

    To the other guy who said 'lol if you can't beat a holy paladin on the meters, quit wow.' well if you think that healing meters mean anything between different classes then you could do with quitting wow.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

  12. #12

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    This thread is full of fail, it's not even funny anymore.

  13. #13

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by moordziek
    This thread is full of fail, it's not even funny anymore.


    here's a funny then.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

  14. #14

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    How the hell can you prove with theorycraft that one healer is better than another? Healing isn't like dps where 100% of it counts 100% of the time, there is no way you can factor in overhealing (lol at failchain heal on saph frost aura) because the damage taken changes per fight.
    Actually its very simple to prove with theorycraft that one healer is better than another. I think its obvious paladins are kings at tank healing so we'll take the aoe healers.
    So u take a setup 5 man (u being one of them) and put them in an aoe environment aka saphiron's aura. Lets say it does 1k dmg/sec all classes are able to heal this kind of dmg. Now u start increasing the dmg/sec to 1.5k, u keep increasing until one of the healers fails and loses 1 man and that's the worst aoe healer. And u keep increasing until all party members die, whoever keeps the most members alive the most time is the best aoe healer. Ofc this will never happen ingame but still a given aoe dmg will be easier (and more efficiently) to heal by the best aoe healer (given by the theory) than the others.
    This doesn't take into account mana efficiency but that's not an issue since ure job is to save lives and u would sacrifice a certain amount of mana to do that.

  15. #15
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    Actually its very simple to prove with theorycraft that one healer is better than another. I think its obvious paladins are kings at tank healing so we'll take the aoe healers.
    So u take a setup 5 man (u being one of them) and put them in an aoe environment aka saphiron's aura. Lets say it does 1k dmg/sec all classes are able to heal this kind of dmg. Now u start increasing the dmg/sec to 1.5k, u keep increasing until one of the healers fails and loses 1 man and that's the worst aoe healer. And u keep increasing until all party members die, whoever keeps the most members alive the most time is the best aoe healer. Ofc this will never happen ingame but still a given aoe dmg will be easier (and more efficiently) to heal by the best aoe healer (given by the theory) than the others.
    This doesn't take into account mana efficiency but that's not an issue since ure job is to save lives and u would sacrifice a certain amount of mana to do that.
    Ahahaahahaha, , buehehehehe, lmao ;D

    Omg, are you for real? Well then Paladin is king of Aoe, cause with his beacon he can always keep up two people no matter what, unless dmg is so big that he's one shooted. But then your aoe capability doesnt matter at all, cause you are one shotted afterall.

    Second thing, shammy would be prolly worst of all cause CH doesnt heal even numbers thoughout all targets. And we all know shamans ARE excellent raid healers.

    What you said has no sense at all.

    Like someone said, healing is team effort. Problem is that for now everything but few encounters is priest >>>> rest of team.

    You need to own healing meters? Run few heroics before raid, and dont delete numbers. Number 1 guaranted!

  16. #16

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xp

    we are complaining about the nerf from the patch
    but gz.

  17. #17

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Meh, I remember in tbc beta when CoH was circle of renewal, they should have just kept that and saved us all a massive headache.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

  18. #18

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer
    You are stating the OP is clueless and in fact you are, grater heal its way past being the best single target heal in the game go see pala HL and how much crit it gets only from talents. (if u spec for crit that is 16% crit only from talents) + its a 2 sec cast after the first cast compared to 2.5 GH has + u get 15% more haste from judgement of the pure if u know how to use it so I would say HL is the best single target heal ingame atm not to mention if u use Beacon u can heal 2 tanks at the same time (IMBA for sartharion +drakes).

    OK, I really think you need to look up the term caveat because believe it or not that is what the first line of my post was which any intelligent person would have grasped and merely replied "this is no longer the case".

    Things have changed - and the clueless op is clueless still applies. He is just distraught that he can no longer stand in a raid spamming his 1 heal with little thought as to where it is actually applied. He has many tools and he just does not want to use them, or more likely is incapable of using them. Thus agreeing with other people's opinions in this thread of the change will separate those CoH spammers to people that can actually play a priest. Also if blizzard DO see that priests have fallen behind they will most likely tweak their other healing abilities accordingly to fit the role they have in mind.

    Spamming 1 button, regardless of effectiveness does not make for a fun playing environment. Ask any pre wrath holy paladin or destro lock.

  19. #19

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    OP has no clue.

    Shamans never were biggers whiners. It used to be mages, but since they got their imba arcane for pvp, and FfB for pve, they sit silently hoping nothing will change.
    Mages were useless for an expansion for anything except for intellect buffs and food, both of which you could do standing outside the raid.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  20. #20

    Re: They say they dont understand why priests are QQing ova this nerf, i will xplain

    Quote Originally Posted by Sashan
    Spamming 1 button, regardless of effectiveness does not make for a fun playing environment. Ask any pre wrath holy paladin or destro lock.
    So yesterday i went and looked at some WWS stats for a freinds guild - wanted to see what theier mages are doing (I've gone from failhealer to noobmage) and I ended up looking at what their healers do. As they are a pretty high rated guild (top 50 to down maly and do 3 drakes) I figured what they do would give me some ideas.

    What I found is their shaman use chain heal for 70-75% of healing done. They normaly do 3% more healing than the next class - a Druid. The Druid is the only class where heals are fairly evenly divided between a number of spells. (as in more than 2). Pallies next - Bacon and spam one button. Lowest HPS were priests - but with over 60% heals done with CoH that is going to get interesting.

    So I wondered if this was typical. And looked further - yes it is. To say priests are topping the meters by standing round using CoH I believe is a massive eggageration. I also think when the nerf hits it will gut holy priests.

    But it's OK. Cos Pallies (bacon and light) and Shaman (CH and Riptide) need 2 buttons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •