Spell Deflection ? 3.0.8

I was wondering if anyone has tested to see if spell deflection is still bugged in 3.0.8?

I want to do a blood tanking spec see how it works out for sath 3 drake but if spell deflection is still bugged I might just wait. maybe will of necrop + 2-3 points magic suppression with vamp blood and glyph of vamp blood

I did this up really fast so I might of missed something, but you get the basic idea

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

Spell def / will of nec / magic suppress / vamp blood / glyph of vamp blood / mark of blood / rune tap / blade barrier along with the 8% more stam will put my dk unbuffed at 32k hp and with all of those oh crap buttons, maybe it will make things easier on the oh crap hits.

Let me know if I am wrong but w/ new frost pres (15% less magic) and magic supression (2% w/ my build) AND will of the necro (15% when hit takes u below 35% hp) wont that add up to 32% less damage from a breath right off the bat? Or does will of the necro not work like that...

I stop here.. too much text imo.

Re: Spell Deflection ? 3.0.8

I'm not even going to bother getting magic suppression for sarth anymore. Between frost pres + will of necropolis you may even be fine without cooldowns(probably, not that I'm going to stand there like an idiot once the 3rd drake lands though) but add in anti-magic shield, icebound, and vampiric blood.. more than enough.

To the main question though, I'm going to test it when I get home.

been using it for almost 2 weeks, never noticed it was buged.

OP: you got it right, it does add-up like that. Blood will be nice to tank now.

if you really want the damage reduction on those breaths, get the 2% meta gem and use rune of spellshattering. its possibly for an unholy DK to get 26% passive magic reduction that way.

deflection is amazing. been using it on sarth 3d and its constantly shaving off damage. not *needed* but it makes healers lives easier since you only have 2 healing 3 tanks

I was told if u had AMS up and spell def procs you still get delt the damage even if you have 100% damage red from AMS?

Correct, with deflection + amz/ams it would bug out(tested a week ago) I don't know if it is fixed yet, don't get home for another 90 minutes

actually as i said that I thought to myself...

If spell def procs thats 30% spell damage... so on a big 70k hit that takes it to 49k, with frost pres and will of nos + 2 points in ams thats 32% less damage 33.2k so on the biggest hit that sarth can do it would w/ spell def + talents alrdy take it down to 33.2k hp fully buffed flasked im at (after the 25% hp thing) around 30k hp, so if you get shielded w/ that hit you would totally survive as long as you get healed right after? thoughts?

Tested, its fixed with AMS at least, not sure about zone but I'd imagine so, unless it was specifically bugged with having magic suppresion/zone in unholy.. which I don't have

Quote Originally Posted by hnd
    Tested, its fixed with AMS at least, not sure about zone but I'd imagine so, unless it was specifically bugged with having magic suppresion/zone in unholy.. which I don't have
    It was bugged without magic suppression too, it was just more noticeable when you aren't supposed to take any damage, and you get hit for 25k. :P

Yeah I know, I tried it last week.. I went splat on sarth with 3 drakes because of it

good to know...