ttw
    Focus magic
    Possibly better mana management

Cons:
    NO BURNOUT
    No Living Bomb
    No Piercing ice
    No Icy veins

The major headache is the missed-out burnout. 50% more bonuscritdmg in a critdependant build is not wise to leave out. BUT consider this: 50% more damage on crits, plus the 100% from Ice shards translates into a 2,25 crit multiplier (a spell that normaly hits 100 crits 225). Without burnout it's only 200, meaning Burnout gives about 12.5% extra damage when you crit. ttw gives 12% constantly.

Focus Magic gives 6% (if you find another mage with this spec) increased crit, vs 6% increased damage from piercing ice.

Then you also lose living bomb and Icy veins for Clearcasting

Re: 18/43/8 +2

There is a reason why they have cookie cutter builds.

Why are you putting 3 points into Hot Streak if you're not putting a point into Pyroblast?

Not having Precision will cause gearing headaches. Yeah there is plenty of gear out there with hit but the itemization for that takes away from other stats.

No Burnout? What's the point?
    No Living Bomb? What's the point?
    etc...

The cons you listed should tell you enough why that build isnt good at all.

Master of Elements paired with Frost Channeling is what makes better mana managment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nut
    There is a reason why they have cookie cutter builds.
    I normally don't post things like this but:

/thread

Also:

Consider going with a standard 18/53/0 for Fireball.  You gain most of the advantages you were looking for in your linked build, while losing nearly all the disadvantages (save the lack of Icy Veins and you lose FFB's mana efficiency).  Also in your crit math, you forgot Burnout and Ice Shards work multiplicatively with Ignite and the Chaotic meta.

ok if you really wanted to have points in all trees and based of what you had i think this is the only way you could do it i dont recommend it but this is a better version of what you have

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=of0V0...huhVubhcLhrc0o

This spec won't work. I don't know about you, but living bomb is between 15 and 20 percent of my overall damage (I'm doing about 4500 on patchwerk; wtb new wand...) and pyroblast is even more. You will not put out competitive dps with this spec.

^^^ win...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevisdead
    This spec won't work. I don't know about you, but living bomb is between 15 and 20 percent of my overall damage (I'm doing about 4500 on patchwerk; wtb new wand...) and pyroblast is even more. You will not put out competitive dps with this spec.
    Living bomb does 20% of your total damage? Are you a retard? Yeah, it's a decent percentage but there's NO freaking way it's anywhere near 20%. At least while doing 4500+ dps.