Thread: THE profession

  1. #1

    THE profession

    Hello!

    I am a lvl 67 mage.At this mom I got 300 skinning+leatherworking. But I dont like it, and since it was so easy to lvl I am willing to rechoose 2 proffesions.
    I was thinking on JC+mining, since without mining it would become hell of exspensive.
    I am going to play pvp most of the time, so what about getting recipes and sucks for JC?
    What do you think?
    Is it a good choose?


    I think I want 1 gatherer proffesions, due to I suck at making money. So a gatherer proffesions that benifit the other would be good.

  2. #2

    Re: THE profession

    LW and skinning is useless for mages.. I would say enchanting/tailoring but u would have to grind out low lvl places or just buy all the cloth and mats.. Jc mining is good just make sure there are enough things in the end to benefit ur class. Or Herb/alch ppl always needs pots/flask and the healing bonus would be nice for pvp

  3. #3

    Re: THE profession

    Quote Originally Posted by silverhope
    LW and skinning is useless for mages.. I would say enchanting/tailoring but u would have to grind out low lvl places or just buy all the cloth and mats.. Jc mining is good just make sure there are enough things in the end to benefit ur class. Or Herb/alch ppl always needs pots/flask and the healing bonus would be nice for pvp
    Thinking about high end arena playing =)

  4. #4

    Re: THE profession

    Quote Originally Posted by silverhope
    LW and skinning is useless for mages..
    +67 spellpower on bracers... Nuff said...

    That is, apart from making TONS of money...
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    There's always, ALWAYS a "huge uproar" about anything Blizz does, usually from people who either don't entirely understand the thing they're complaining about, or refuse to acknowledge that most players are perfectly okay with the current state of affairs. Whenever people complain that they don't listen to feedback it mostly means "they don't listen to ME ME ME".
    My new signature. Thanks.

  5. #5

    Re: THE profession

    Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    +67 spellpower on bracers... Nuff said...

    That is, apart from making TONS of money...
    So you say that I should keep it?
    JC+mining is better for arena, but aint making so mutch money?

  6. #6

    Re: THE profession

    Play an farming alt with mining. Become Engi + JC/leatherw/bs

  7. #7

    Re: THE profession

    Quote Originally Posted by WolleKK
    Play an farming alt with mining. Become Engi + JC/leatherw/bs
    -.-

    I dont got any alts!
    I just started to play horde, and I am 67 now.
    I got 2x70 allies, but I ain't gonna play at them.

  8. #8

    Re: THE profession

    JC+Eng would probably be the best combo for pvp. This would be really expensive to level without a miner but you could easily make the gold back with JC.

    On my server saronite ore is pretty cheap so I just buy a bunch of it, prospect it, then cut and sell the gems. Usually make back double what I spend.




  9. #9

    Re: THE profession

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyk
    JC+Eng would probably be the best combo for pvp. This would be really expensive to level without a miner but you could easily make the gold back with JC.

    On my server saronite ore is pretty cheap so I just buy a bunch of it, prospect it, then cut and sell the gems. Usually make back double what I spend.




    What about just taking JC+mining?
    I've heard that mining is the best gatherer skill, so it's worth it?
    Without mining I mby woundt have enough money to lvl up JC alone? oO

  10. #10

    Re: THE profession


    Take what you want, they tend to be comperable.

    Skinning adds some free crit, mining adds stam, neither of which is bad in pvp, neither of which is going to make or break you.

    Most production professions have an enchant or buff that gives you some extra spellpower, engineering has more gimicky things, but they can be handy in pvp.

    Really, professions are realtively balanced right now. At least balanced enough that you wont feel like you have a noticable disadvantage against someone who chose a different profession.

    -Moon

  11. #11

    Re: THE profession

    Alchemy is one of the lamer professions since you don't really get any stat boosts, and the trinket is needed to get the bonus 40% bonus potion effect, and there are much better trinkets out there.

    Best you get is mixology :

  12. #12

    Re: THE profession

    If you want money, go JC. JC's will never run out of money and prismatic gems make it insanely easy to meet the CSD requirements without resorting to blue gems :P


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •