Leveling a Death Knight

I know that there is probably a topic or two here and there in this forum..

But, since there is a new patch out, and also people have been playing on Death Knights more and have found better ways to play them, i was wondering if there has been any progression made in leveling builds? i am currently at 72 on my Death Knight and i am sticking with the Blood Talent Tree right now, but i was wondering if there might be hybrid builds that are more potent for leveling?

Thanks.

Re: Leveling a Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Orimai
    I know that there is probably a topic or two here and there in this forum..

But, since there is a new patch out, and also people have been playing on Death Knights more and have found better ways to play them, i was wondering if there has been any progression made in leveling builds? i am currently at 72 on my Death Knight and i am sticking with the Blood Talent Tree right now, but i was wondering if there might be hybrid builds that are more potent for leveling?

Thanks.
    Blood might be the easiest to go. Little to no downtime, being able to solo group (3) quests, and decent damage output.

If your more into AoE grinding your way up, then you might want to check out Frost or Unholy.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

i find unholy superior. i can heal almost as much as a blood dk where most of the heal is overheal to begin with and you are faster on the tedious kill 20 xyz quests. nagrand was a blast, gathering up 10+ mobs with ub
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

You could level a dk as any build.... you could probably do it unspeced. or an even build like 20 20 20 or something rediculous.

Blood is good for keeping yourself healed. Not that great for pvp. Except melee classes if you have mark of blood up.

Unholy great for pvp and aoeing mobs down.

Frost great for pvp and aoeing mobs down but you take more dmg.

I leveled my deathknight as all the specs to try them out. Blood was by far the best for soloing 5 man grp quests. Although unholy did quests faster. It couldnt always kill the grp quest mobs if they had too much hp.

Unholy has the 2 of the 3 best lvling talents in it, with the best AE.

Buchery in Blood
    On a Pale Horse
    Unholy Aura

These talents reduce traveling time which is the major drain on lvling, not to mention the fastest way to kill groups of mobs.

Corpse explosion only adds to it viability...the new CE is actually pretty nice and with Blight, Death and decay, Pest/BB, and Wandering plauge...I can take 8-10 enemies of my lvl and come out of it with almost full health simply by using those AEs and Death strikes when available.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I think i am gonna switch to unholy, because i have been keeping my Frost Spec up for the extra armor and health and it helps alot. and i have been grinding mobs AOE style with Blood and its kinda slow, so i figure i can get more outa that style if i switch to unholy. I'll kinda miss the 4% heals from Blood Aura though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orimai
    I think i am gonna switch to unholy, because i have been keeping my Frost Spec up for the extra armor and health and it helps alot. and i have been grinding mobs AOE style with Blood and its kinda slow, so i figure i can get more outa that style if i switch to unholy. I'll kinda miss the 4% heals from Blood Aura though.
    i only used frost on elites, on everything else you'll get better performance out of blood presence.

unholy is the best levelling spec for on a pale horse. if you get something that shows your TTL, it will drastically decrease with the increased mount speed. All three specs do somewhat comparable damage so the running to and from the quest giver is the bottleneck in levelling.

if you want to grind aoe style here's a tip as unholy, have the ghoul attack 3-5 mobs, then run in drop a DnD -> IT -> PS -> Pest -> UB, you'll burn them down pretty quickly and you can use leftover RP to heal up the ghoul with death coil. i like using the ghoul as a damage sink for the pulling part as it saves me a lot of damage. i rarely deathstrike while levelling

Quote Originally Posted by Enthalpy
    if you want to grind aoe style here's a tip as unholy, have the ghoul attack 3-5 mobs, then run in drop a DnD -> IT -> PS -> Pest -> UB, you'll burn them down pretty quickly and you can use leftover RP to heal up the ghoul with death coil. i like using the ghoul as a damage sink for the pulling part as it saves me a lot of damage. i rarely deathstrike while levelling
    Thats EXACTLY what i do on my DK... sadly everything dies before UB expires ^_^;
    It's just a game.

Ahh thats interesting.

I'll have to give that a try! thats so useful lol.. I have a 80 hunter and i usually dot hat with my pet, and i'm not sure why i haven't tried playing this DK like i do with my Hunter..