Spell Power Not Scaling correctly.

After the patch, I noticed I was missing a large amount of spell power.

Ran some test with some guild warlocks and myself.

After patch I had 1,400 spell power when I usually have 1,900+.

Remove ALL Buffs on your warlock.
    Unequip all gear - your spell power will be at 0.
    Equip all gear - your spell power will be higher again but close. (1,644).
    Repeat UnEquip all gear and Equip gear (VERY SLOWLY And watch slowly for correctly spell to go up) will yet again boost spell. (1,722).

Ok, next get raid buffs. hmm was at (1,988 spell power) what was going on!
    Unequip all gear and Equip all gear spell power is now at (2,144)... still wonder why I was still below 2,600 spell power.

Now redid FelArmor again and finally (2,613) spell power where I usually always at.

Holy Cow was this a mess, all of our guild warlocks spent a good 30 minutes figuring out the bugs till we finally got the correct spell power back to where it used to be.

Hope this help all other warlocks that will run into this issue. Good Luck

Re: Spell Power Not Scaling correctly.

IF this is true.. blizz messed up pretty good.. first felpuppy's health bug and now this? I havent seen this yet because I'm at work.. but lets hope my warlock spell power is scaling correctly so I don't have to put 20 min in restoring this :P

I noticed this also last night with spell power also. The health with pets.I say pets because it was just not the fel pup...has been fixed supposedly.

using a spelldmg trinket after applyin dot's wont make em tick for more..

Quote Originally Posted by Fimp
    using a spelldmg trinket after applyin dot's wont make em tick for more..
    You have to reapply dot for it to tick more..but the increase damage will last for the entire duration of dot even if trinket buff drops off.

I did not notice anything suspiscious in last nights raid. I am aware however that sometimes there is a delay on the stats shown on your character sheet. I will however over a number and if it changes at all it takes a bit to register on the sheet. When you were reapplying gear slowly you were probably giving the game enough time to display it. I could be wrong but this is just something I have observed. Its possible they screwed up the spirit conversion from fel armor I suppose. My armory is displaying proper numbers.

Did you notice that the order in which buffs were applied affected anything?

Has anyone else noticed a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    You have to reapply dot for it to tick more..but the increase damage will last for the entire duration of dot even if trinket buff drops off.
    I was wondering...how does this affect work with everlasting affliction, and other DOT bonus's?
    Does it recalculate corruption every time haunt hits?
    If I apply UA, then haunt will the UA go up in damage from haunt (as well as shadow embrace)?

On the main issue, I did not notice this. Still had 2100 spellpower w/FelArmor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby109
    I was wondering...how does this affect work with everlasting affliction, and other DOT bonus's?
    Does it recalculate corruption every time haunt hits?
    If I apply UA, then haunt will the UA go up in damage from haunt (as well as shadow embrace)?

On the main issue, I did not notice this. Still had 2100 spellpower w/FelArmor.
    I could not go as far as saying anything about haunt..I do know after reading many posts and trying myself that COA and corr have to be reapplied for bonus. I also do believe..could be wrong..that it does not automatically recaluclate since haunt was cast at a lower spell cast...hence the damage is determind upon when the dot is cast..but that may be different for haunt...you could search at wowhead.com

The data coming from Blizzard Server to the Client seems to be working now. Must been one bad day and/or night for Blizzard trying to fix issues with the server/patch problems who knows. Kinda drove us crazy raiding 25 man naxx and watching our 4.1k - 6.4k dps warlocks trying to figure out all the positive and negative changes or bugs as well as calculating all the changes on paper\excel.

Spell Power not ADDING up correctly !

Stop using the word scaling for everything ...

15+ Year Old Account

I love how Blizzard Fubar'd Warlocks this patch without even trying to. Glad to hear your pets are at least working. Now come on Summoning Stone fix even though I have been lock summoned all of twice this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb

Quote Originally Posted by Gagdush
    I would drag my dick through a mile of lava just to listen to someone that's installing the beta on Skype.

I experienced the same in raid yesterday. In my case the problem was with the spell power gained from DK.

I was missing about 200-300 spellpower buffed. Reapplied Fel Armor - nothing. Reequiped a few items - nothing. Then I released my pet and resummoned it and got all the missing spell power back.

Ok, the issue is still there like its a random thing. I am clueless now to the reason behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb

scal⋅ing: a standard of measurement or estimation; X amount of From Status\Gear = X amount of Spell Power is the scale.

When we do calculation, we always have huge amount of math equations and estimations. Easier to have this all in Excel to enter data and have it produce large amount of information to research.

Yes Scaling\Adding are both the correct words for this. Thanks