Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Are we (SP)now doing to much DPS?? plzs read before fapping.

Quote Originally Posted by heriana
    Nezoia is right. If you think 4k is too high then you have just been playing with bad dps. I'm pulling 4.5k on patchwerk and still getting beat by 4-5 people in my guild
    We are doing bad DPS, just that nobody is expecting us to do more then others. 4.5k isn't bad, but it is still very far away from the rest. I'm doing around 5k on Patchwerk (not with the Misery bug), and I have absolutely no chance against my teammates.

Don't get me wrong, usually many shadowpriests are high on the meters, mainly cause of mind sear. I love having an AOE effect, but I don't really understand why shadowpriests should have the best one in the game. I rather do some extra DPS where it actually counts, then killing the spiders faster in Naxx.

I would love to actually compete on the meters. Moonkins can, Retris can. Shadow only seem to win where there is really crappy competition.

No, the problem is scaling with raid buffs. Mages scale directly with heroism, we don't. A part of the problem.

On the other hand, on fights with movement (Grobbulus, Kel'thuzad, Sartharion), or with multiple adds (Malygos), we're king of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    My MF's were critting for well over 4K well b4 the bug and i was doing 4.6K dps on patchwerk months ago. I've seen several WWS reports of spriests nearly breaking 5K dps before last weeks patch too, so I don't really see how 4K is too much dps... so at the levels you're talking about... No, our damage is fine.

5.1K was my best after the MF fix and it seems the Misery bug was fixed before I did patchwerk because my MF crits weren't as high as some people's solo testing on the target dummies. If we are around 5.5K dps I don't see how that is too much, i've seen WWS logs of rogues doing 7K dps and mages doing 6K+

So for that reason... no I don't see the need for our damage to be nerfed...
    Rogues doing 7k are HAT-specced, aka bugged. Spriests could after this bug pass 6k as well and that is too much considering they are hybrids plus the utility they carry. Fury warriors also pass 6k, but they are just OP in PvE atm. Mages can pass 6k, but very few of them do, same goes for locks, which are both much harder rotations to pull off than what the Spriests deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidara
    Rogues doing 7k are HAT-specced, aka bugged. Spriests could after this bug pass 6k as well and that is too much considering they are hybrids plus the utility they carry. Fury warriors also pass 6k, but they are just OP in PvE atm. Mages can pass 6k, but very few of them do, same goes for locks, which are both much harder rotations to pull off than what the Spriests deal with.
    I dont have the very best-in slot rogue gear , but me and my GM ( both rogues ) are more or less laughing at each others DPS (he has the best is slot gear) becouse the muti rotation is anything but perfect... often having to repress HfB when theirs 5-6-7 seconds left to not get in trouble with S&D , I can proudly say to have Outdps'd the main tank! (feral druid) ONCE on loatheb 25 last night /flex ...

But seriously... i think spriests need to be +- 10% under fury warriors , and alike at around 5k-6k theoretical dps with best in slot/best rotation

i think they deserve the bug almost :P

Edit : My main char since vanilla has always been a priest , but the dire variaty in the healing spells made me reroll/try other classes =/ never liked shadow.

Shadow is an amazin dps class atm. Forget mindsear talk, cuz that's all trash and maybe sarth /w drakes if you guys are that far. Rotation is key. Keep your dots up and make sure you apply your initial swp /w max shadowweaving stacks. You'll need 11% hit. Max hit is priority (around 300), then spell power. Roughly 2crit/haste = 1 spellpower. Go /w crit over haste too. We have nice talents/glyphs that will play into that. Make sure to use the chaotic skyflare as a meta.

For talents: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...in&n=Pogmohoin

As for glyphs Im not positive to the names of what im using atm. Ill edit this post later today.

Hope this helps!! ;D

I don't know if shadowpriests should be that far below fury warriors. We're no more hybrids than they are after all. 10% seems a little harsh.

I do see shadowpriest as a bit of a frostmage though, paying for high survivability with slightly lower dps. I don't mean high survivability when an untanked raid mob comes stomping you into the ground, but shadowpriests do very well against aoe damage. You passively heal yourself for 1000 hps, you can dispel, you hit the shield whenever you take damage if you aren't certain that no more will follow, and you have Dispersion for big predictable spikes.

Shadowpriests are in fantastic shape for pve. I hope it stays that way.

Shadowpriests are in bad shape for pve and even worse in pvp, i hope blizzard makes some changes soon. :

Some basic stuff here, lets compare a mage to a shadow priest.
    Mage: 10% crit (3% to 1 extra person), Intellect, Excellent CC. all Unique
    Priest: Fortitude.......... wow... thats it, yet we do significantly less dps than mages?

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan
    I don't know if shadowpriests should be that far below fury warriors. We're no more hybrids than they are after all. 10% seems a little harsh.

I do see shadowpriest as a bit of a frostmage though, paying for high survivability with slightly lower dps. I don't mean high survivability when an untanked raid mob comes stomping you into the ground, but shadowpriests do very well against aoe damage. You passively heal yourself for 1000 hps, you can dispel, you hit the shield whenever you take damage if you aren't certain that no more will follow, and you have Dispersion for big predictable spikes.

Shadowpriests are in fantastic shape for pve. I hope it stays that way.
    lol? do u even play a priest

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Dude, your lists of mage and priest benefits are rather weird. I'll leave it at that; I started commenting the whole thing but I think I'll pass. I've never been much interested in flame-wars. Peace.

I'm sure this applies to all hybids pasted from the main page.

Shaman role in raids
    This was in reference to why we let Elemental shaman damage be low in Sunwell. Our old design for shamans was that they couldn't do damage or heal as well as other specs because they could do both and because their buffs were so good. We retired that dated philosophy and now intend for them to do competitive dps -- just below the pure dps classes. (Source)

Deleted

I do see shadowpriest as a bit of a frostmage though, paying for high survivability with slightly lower dps. I
    My eyes started bleeding at this point, i couldnt read anymore.

I do see shadowpriest as a bit of a frostmage though, paying for high survivability with slightly lower dps.
    My eyes hurt. Please make it stop.

Chill guys, I wasn't talking pvp.

If anyone was cinfused about my list, it was unique benefits that mages and priests bring to raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    If anyone was cinfused about my list, it was unique benefits that mages and priests bring to raids.
    Priests have Fort (all around good), Vamp embrace (sapphrion, get put in tank group on patchwerk, maexxna for during raid wide web rap), vamp touch...smexy. Plus 3% hit for raid /w misery. Hmm imo spriests > mages for raids.

I vote that damage-meter-addons are rewritten to give us 3% of all the other casters damage.

Then we would be #1 on dps.

Quote Originally Posted by pogmohoin
    Priests have Fort (all around good), Vamp embrace (sapphrion, get put in tank group on patchwerk, maexxna for during raid wide web rap), vamp touch...smexy. Plus 3% hit for raid /w misery. Hmm imo spriests > mages for raids.
    Blood Aura
    Imp Faire Fire

VE and Misery are not unique

PS 4k dps ve heals grp for 5% of that, 200hps? lol get back to me when that is actually going to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Prayerz
    Hot-fixed on US servers with in 24 hours. I can honestly say I have seen very few hot fixes that fast, its ok for rogues to shatter 7k for months, but if we hit 5k for 1 day ..holy hell the world as we know it ends ...
    very true, but on a side note. Pretty much any dmg class can top a meter atm depending on buffs and raid comp....This does include Spriests =)

Hello shadowpriests!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Stupid thread is stupid.

priests should never be able to out dps a pure dps classes. hunter/rogue/mage/lock should ALWAYS ALWAYS out dps all other classes. it annoys me when blizz allows utility classes to be able to dps better than dps classes.

dps classes should be able to heal better than healing classes to make it fair. and tank better than tanking classes.