Death Knight Prescence changes.

There is one thing that bugs me about frost presence and blood presence, the fact that blood has the 4% heal from dmg when frost would benefit so much more from it. If they swapped the 4% healing for the 15% spell dmg reduction it would sill benefit both presences the same if not more. Blood already has a lot of heals with the talents they get, the 4% is nice but it would greatly benefit frost more than the 15% reduction in spell dmg. so you would have. I have looked at the amount of healing since the buff to 4% and on average you gain 300-400 health a hit (non critical), so you tell me what u think?

Blood P
    15% more dmg
    15% less dmg from spells

Frost P
    80% contribution from items
    10% health
    4% dmg done as healing

Re: Death Knight Prescence changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    There is one thing that bugs me about frost presence and blood presence, the fact that blood has the 4% heal from dmg when frost would benefit so much more from it. If they swapped the 4% healing for the 15% spell dmg reduction it would sill benefit both presences the same if not more. Blood already has a lot of heals with the talents they get, the 4% is nice but it would greatly benefit frost more than the 15% reduction in spell dmg. so you would have. I have looked at the amount of healing since the buff to 4% and on average you gain 300-400 health a hit (non critical), so you tell me what u think?

Blood P
    15% more dmg
    15% less dmg from spells

Frost P
    10% health
    4% dmg done as healing
    I disagree. A lot. I don't care about the healing effect in blood all that much. I do care about taking 15% less spell damage when a dragon is about to breath on me.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

jsut a plain ol' bad idea

keep it the way it is its fine

I agree - if you tank, passive damage reduction is all you're going for, apart for stamina. 15% less spell damage are doing exactly that, and the HP you lose... well, your healers need some work too, don't they?

I do care about taking 15% less spell damage when a dragon is about to breath on me.
    ^^ This
    *dumdidum*

15+ Year Old Account

Blood P
    15% more dmg
    15% less dmg from spells

Frost P
    10% health
    4% dmg done as healing
    LULWOT? Frost presence is the best damn tanking stance in the game. Don't change a thing about it.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Well I see where you are coming from for sure, I also think that Blizzard should man up and take the auras out of the talents and make them glyphs and or merge them with the presence so whatever presence you have on the party/raid gets it instead of wasting 2 talents on it. Also they could incorporate the aura effect into another talent that's semi useful.

Well I see where you are coming from for sure, I also think that Blizzard should man up and take the auras out of the talents and make them glyphs and or merge them with the presence so whatever presence you have on the party/raid gets it instead of wasting 2 talents on it. Also they could incorporate the aura effect into another talent that's semi useful.
    On the one hand, I sort of agree. Particularly frost aura is a total waste of time given that it's not as good as an ability that every druid has. On the other hand, I really don't see adding more benefit to presences which are already extremely good. I wouldn't want to have the armor and spell mitigation nerfed to make room for 70 resist all when in frost presence.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

15+ Year Old Account

I have looked at the amount of healing since the buff to 4% and on average you gain 300-400 health a hit (non critical), so you tell me what u think?
    400/0.04=10000.

Doing 10k noncrit hits in tank gear then...eh? around 50-100 per (white)hit would be more like it.

(and even if you math wasn't off Id chose the 15% spell reduce over the healing anytime.

If I take a 30k Hit of a Sarth Breath I'd rather resist 15(20)% of it than healing myself after that with those insignificant heals.

cool cool. I just threw it out there to see what the consensus was.

For some reason people still believe that if you spec one spec you have to use that Presence...

being blood spec does not mean you have to be in blood presence...... same with unholy and frost...

So If your blood spec and you spec the 4 % heal aura, and your in blood presence... ok you get both.

What if you want to tank AND have the 4% aura.. well then you can do that if you tank as blood.

What you proposed really made no sense since you can get the 4% heal while in frost presence if you understand that presences are different than auras and can be matched however you spec.

Its more or less the fact that they put them too far into the trees, the auras should be in the 20 point range.

That would make specing 2 auras more plausible which isnt what they were going for. No 1 dk should be able to spec all 3 auras.

they wouldnt have buffed blood presence/aura if its healing did anything worth while.

it still doesnt do anything worthwhile.
    as a dps i'm pulling 3200 right now, thats 128 hps...really thats going to make a difference tanking?

comparatively when i'm tanking i'm taking a hell of a lot more than 128 dps, and whenever there is incoming spell damage that magic damage reduction is going to help tanking so much more than bloody 128 hps.....o wait i forgot my tank set only pulls ~1800 on most bosses that are stationary so its really 72 hps

really do some math before making statements about how blood aura's healing should be in frost, no tank ever is going to want that passive healing over 15% magic damage reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Kaervek
    So If your blood spec and you spec the 4 % heal aura, and your in blood presence... ok you get both.
    Not true. I noticed they weren't stacking. Messaged a GM and he said it was working as intended. Now this was months ago, but I haven't seen a change in the notes anywhere. Blood Aura overwrites blood presence.

A tank's job isn't to heal himself, it's to hold aggro and be able to take hits well enough to be healed through them by healers.

15% less spell damage taken is far better than 4% of damage done as heals.

Are you retarded?